• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Democratic Primary 2020

That’s not really true though.

Sure it is. I don’t know about you, but I’ve seen far more coverage of the drama surrounding the caucus than the result of it. That’s not to say it isn’t being discussed at all - or that Pete hasn’t tried to take advantage of the confusion to try and gather momentum - but for every article about Pete winning the caucus, there are two about how the IDP dropped the ball.

I think it’s fair to say that whatever attention he’s getting right now (some of which is quite negative) as the ostensible front runner pales in comparison to the amount he probably would’ve gotten if things had gone according to plan. In short: despite his best efforts, the dominant narrative isn’t “Mayor Pete Won!” It’s: “The Iowa Caucuses are finished!”
How they are releasing the results is completely up to them. How they count the votes is completely up to them. How they hand out delegates is completely up to them. They company they hired to make the app was completely up to them. How they organized this whole thing was completely up to them.

From what I understand, the only real changes came in the form of releasing more data (in an effort to be more transparent) and using the app and a special hotline to communicate the results from each precinct. Those changes have obviously resulted in a huge mess, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest they completely corrupted the process. I believe there’s also a paper trail they can follow and plenty of volunteers who can corroborate the information released and verify or refute it if it becomes necessary.

I’ll respond to your other post when I get a chance to look at the tweets! I promise I’m not ignoring it.

From what I understand, the only real changes came in the form of releasing more data (in an effort to be more transparent) and using the app and a special hotline to communicate the results from each precinct. Those changes have obviously resulted in a huge mess, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest they completely corrupted the process. I believe there’s also a paper trail they can follow and plenty of volunteers who can corroborate the information released and verify or refute it if it becomes necessary.

I’ll respond to your other post when I get a chance to look at the tweets! I promise I’m not ignoring it.
First off, people already think the system is BS. Remember it is the Democrats who have pointed out that Hillary was screwed when she won by 3m votes, but still somehow lost the election. So how the Iowa caucus is run, already comes off like manipulative BS.

Second, they have released the info in a way that makes no sense. Just wait for the freaking results, and then release them.

Third, those who are behind the app having ties to certain candidates reeks of cronyism. Classic corruption, even if it has nothing to do with the results.

Fourth, They have been reporting Bernie and Warrens numbers incorrectly. No one else.

At best they are such incompetent jackasses, so of course makes people not trust them. Of course people feel like they are corrupt. Because we already know they are corrupt. This stuff just shines a light on it.

tenor.gif

With all the coin flips, if this comes between 1-2 delegates I'll be putting that in the "rigging" category too.

It’s a two-person race between Bernie and Pete in my mind now. I just don’t see a viable way forward for anyone else.

With all the coin flips, if this comes between 1-2 delegates I'll be putting that in the "rigging" category too.

People being bad at math isn't rigging. Nor is it them being bad at following instructions.

And once again, caucuses suck.

It’s a two-person race between Bernie and Pete in my mind now. I just don’t see a viable way forward for anyone else.

Come on. Way, way too early for that. Frankly, you have to wait till at least South Carolina. Because the demographics of Iowa and New Hampshire are not exactly representative of the greater Democratic coalition. Because if Pete gets crushed in South Carolina, because surprise, still has piss poor minority support, he likely won't win. One race does not determine everything.

I think Bernie can win the West Coast, most of the NE and split the south with Biden.

Mayor Pete might get the mid west and pockets of the NE which I don't think is enough.

I'll feel much more confident in this prediction if Bernie wins Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and Pete comes in third in South Carolina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"