Destro Has Been Re-Cast - Christopher (Dr. Who/Heroes) Eccleston

They shot a lot of the movie in England. That's probably where his scene was shot.

I don't really care what politics may or may not have been behind the switcharoo. I think that Eccleston is a much better choice for the role anyway, which makes me wonder why they didn't pick him in the first place.

I still say the work visa charges are bologna. I find it hard to believe that Paramount's HR dept. had a ton of trouble sending faxes.

I still say the work visa charges are bologna. I find it hard to believe that Paramount's HR dept. had a ton of trouble sending faxes.

Maybe the David Murray thing was b.s. from the begining. The studio's way of f'ng with the fan boys and getting them to be happy with the cast, even though they know it could have been better.

Ecclestons a great actor. He was Nicole Kidmans husband in The Others and was in BBC TV show 'Our Friends In The North' with Daniel Craig. He was also in one of my favourite films when I was a kid. He is also awesome as claude in Heroes.

Can he do a scottish accent though?

Dr. Who as Destro? bad place yeah! Eccleston rules! He was a cool badguy in '28 Days Later'. Much better choice than ''Where are you!?'' guy.

I know it sucks for Murray, but what can ya do?

He's kinda nerdy looking...but I know he's a great actor, so he'll probably do a great job.

Still.......Vosloo......

MUCH better.

Still not perfect, but much better. :up:

I enjoyed watching Christopher Eccleston as Dr Who, so I will be looking forward to his Destro in G.I. Joe as well because of his good acting ability.

Good upgrade.

I see "where are you?" guy as better suited for a Major Bludd type supporting character anyhow.

eccleston-seeker1_1202772115.jpg

He was so creepy in 28 Days Later "I promised them women..."

Batman Begins was partially shot in London.

From what I can tell from the above, you need a new Visa for every job. If his stuff was shot in America, he obviously was able to get it in time for that movie.

Anyway, the point is is that it is far from impossible for this to happen, even with a big-budget movie.

True, guy in the NHL got traded TWO weeks ago and still hasn't played because he hasn't gotten his visa situatued.

Looks like a good re-cast.

Here's a quick manip, I'll make better one later, this one looks more like the Silver Surfer...

movie-destro.jpg

I can't recall Eccleston doing any American work recently. Did he already have a work VISA set up?

I guess for Heroes maybe. I can't remember the last "American" movie he did was, unless you count THE SEEKER which was shot overseas.

Eccleston is great. People just need to learn it's DOCTOR Who and the character is called The Doctor (Not Doctor Who). Who's on third..

I don't mind this. I had an open mind towards Murray, but Eccleston just seems like a better fit to me.

Eccleston has been in good in pretty much everything i've seen him in. I used to think he'd make a good Scarecrow in Batman but that ship has sailed.

GI Joe can boast one of the most interesting casts i've seen recently for a big budget movie.:up: Wonder how it'll turn out?
Yeah, he "couldn't" get a visa. We all know what that means.
Sorry, I don't buy that excuse at all for a movie like this with virtually unlimited resources. Unless Murray committed some sort of crime to screw that up.
Maybe the David Murray thing was b.s. from the begining. The studio's way of f'ng with the fan boys and getting them to be happy with the cast, even though they know it could have been better.
Frankly i doubt it's bs.:o

Post 9/11 the USA's attitude towards foreigners who visit or work has changed drastically.

In a interview with a dutch newspaper Carice Van Houten's agent said that she was unable to getting a US working visa in time to star Body of Lies (Russell Crowe, Leonardo Dicaprio).Luckily for Van Houten Ridley Scott was willing to change the scheule and shoot all of her scenes in Morroco.

Eccleston has been in good in pretty much everything i've seen him in. I used to think he'd make a good Scarecrow in Batman but that ship has sailed.

GI Joe can boast one of the most interesting casts i've seen recently for a big budget movie.:up: Wonder how it'll turn out?

Frankly i doubt it's bs.:o

Post 9/11 the USA's attitude towards foreigners who visit or work has changed drastically.

In a interview with a dutch newspaper Carice Van Houten's agent said that she was unable to getting a US working visa in time to star Body of Lies (Russell Crowe, Leonardo Dicaprio).Luckily for Van Houten Ridley Scott was willing to change the scheule and shoot all of her scenes in Morroco.

Amy Winehouse couldn't get a visa in time to perform at the grammys. I wonder why? :whatever: :woot:

I'm digging this a lot more then Murry thats for damn sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"