Cobra!!!

I think he is. If he was just an arms dealer he wouldn't have been featured so prominently.

But he doesn't give a crap about their cause. He's just in it for money. They pay him for guns, and that's about as far as their buisness relationship goes. He does, however, hang around and even sometimes do favors for them because he's ****ing Baronness. Cobra Commander was the guy who founded the group, he's the one who rallied them all together, and he's the symbol of their movement. Plus, he actually cares about their cause. Of course he's the leader.

And, initially, Cobra Commander did fund the operation. He made all their money through a series of pyramid scheams. And now Tomax and Xamot run a small electronics company which funds Cobra.

Most people feel Cobra Commander is the leader he's really not, it's Destro.

Every time you open your mouth, you prove more and more that you know jack about GI Joe.

I think the movie should look at the recent GI Joe/Cobra Reborn minis and the GI Joe Reloaded series. Takes a modern more serious approach to Cobra and the Joes. They even have a more realistic take on Cobra Commander's mask that would work in a movie and looks awesome.

I wasn't too big on Reborn. Neither was anyone else apparently, as it was canceled due to low sales.

And CC's mask stays as is. No ski mask.

I think the movie should look at the recent GI Joe/Cobra Reborn minis and the GI Joe Reloaded series. Takes a modern more serious approach to Cobra and the Joes. They even have a more realistic take on Cobra Commander's mask that would work in a movie and looks awesome.

How about the WWIII series G.I. Joe is running right now? I haven't read the books yet but from what I have read it sounds really good.

I wasn't too big on Reborn. Neither was anyone else apparently, as it was canceled due to low sales.

And CC's mask stays as is. No ski mask.

I think characters who wear masks are a distraction. Seriously, how and why is Destro going to wear a metal mask that has a movable mouth? Is Cobra Commander so cowardly and ashamed that he has to hide his face? Is Snake Eyes really going to wear his mask at the G.I. Joe's yearly picnic? What the hell is Storm Shadow hiding anyway?

Why not make a spoof on G.I. Joe and call it G.I. Jim and be done with it?

Destro is no way the leader of Cobra. He's their arms supplier and doesn't fund it in any way. In fact, he's got his own, separate group called the Iron Grenadiers. Cobra Commander is the undisputed (unless you want to count Serpentor) leader of Cobra. After all, he is the ideologist, face and heart of the organization.

As for who to play the Head Snake, the person I think best personifies his character, capable of being cunning, crafty and insane at the same time, is of course Johnny Depp! Unfortunately, the only way to get him on board is to get Tim Burton to direct. Or maybe some rum.

I think characters who wear masks are a distraction. Seriously, how and why is Destro going to wear a metal mask that has a movable mouth? Is Cobra Commander so cowardly and ashamed that he has to hide his face? Is Snake Eyes really going to wear his mask at the G.I. Joe's yearly picnic? What the hell is Storm Shadow hiding anyway?

Why not make a spoof on G.I. Joe and call it G.I. Jim and be done with it?

Destro wears the mask because it's a family heirloom and it's really cool. It doesn't have to have a movable mouth in the film. It can just be an old iron helmet. Cobra Commander wears the mask to be a more symbolic figure. You know, to rally the troups. Snake Eyes' entire head is covered in scars left over from when he was badly burned in a fire, so odds are he would keep the mask on at a picnic to keep folks from throwing up their potato salad. As for Storm Shadow: Why not. The mask's kind of cool. And he is a ninja.

Destro is no way the leader of Cobra. He's their arms supplier and doesn't fund it in any way. In fact, he's got his own, separate group called the Iron Grenadiers. Cobra Commander is the undisputed (unless you want to count Serpentor) leader of Cobra. After all, he is the ideologist, face and heart of the organization.
He may be the ideologist, face, and heart of COBRA but Destro is the backbone and the brains.. CoBra Commander is too crazy to lead an organization the caliber of COBRA. The leader has to be composed and well-versed, somewhat of a gentleman. Not that those are traits that make a leader, but rather by products of a leader. If you don't have Destro as the leader he will come off as queer.

As for who to play the Head Snake, the person I think best personifies his character, capable of being cunning, crafty and insane at the same time, is of course Johnny Depp! Unfortunately, the only way to get him on board is to get Tim Burton to direct. Or maybe some rum.
I would have no problem with that until the big fight of the series. Which, despite what people say, IS Cobra Commander vs. Snake Eyes. I just have trouble seeing Johnny Depp go against someone the caliber of Snake Eyes( Ray Park.) Of course, who would have though Ewan Macgregor would beat Darth Maul(Ray Park.) That is why I get so agitated when people say a great martial artist NEEDS to play Snake Eyes. Just look at what Ewan Macgregor's fruity ass did in Star Wars or Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Carribbean.

SNAKE EYES VS. COBRA COMMANDER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg_Ln4--Gl4

He may be the ideologist, face, and heart of COBRA but Destro is the backbone and the brains.. CoBra Commander is too crazy to lead an organization the caliber of COBRA. The leader has to be composed and well-versed, somewhat of a gentleman. Not that those are traits that make a leader, but rather by products of a leader. If you don't have Destro as the leader he will come off as queer.

No, he'll come off as a cultured European aristocrat. Which he is. Cobra Commander may be crazy, but crazy people can still make good leaders. There are many different kinds of crazy.

I would have no problem with that until the big fight of the series. Which, despite what people say, IS Cobra Commander vs. Snake Eyes. I just have trouble seeing Johnny Depp go against someone the caliber of Snake Eyes( Ray Park.) Of course, who would have though Ewan Macgregor would beat Darth Maul(Ray Park.) That is why I get so agitated when people say a great martial artist NEEDS to play Snake Eyes. Just look at what Ewan Macgregor's fruity ass did in Star Wars or Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Carribbean.

Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander's wierd history would lend itself to a fight scene between the two. But, honestly, if there were a fight scene, I'd see Cobra Commander fighting like the guerilla soldier he is (I/E, cheating), and then Storm Shadow coming to the rescue (as Cobra Commander is the one responsible for Storm Shadow's uncle's death).

I don't think Destro's the leader. Hell, he's not even really a member. He doesn't care about their cause and the only reason he hangs around them so much is because he and Baronness are bumping uglies. He just sells them guns. He'd sell guns to the Joes if he knew the feds wouldn't arrest him.
You've hit on the reason why Destro is my favorite character. He's banging the hottest chick in the proverbial Joe-verse and he's out for one person--himself.

You've hit on the reason why Destro is my favorite character. He's banging the hottest chick in the proverbial Joe-verse and he's out for one person--himself.

And he wears an old Iron helmet/mask thing while doing it. He's badass incarnate.

Destro wears the mask because it's a family heirloom and it's really cool. It doesn't have to have a movable mouth in the film. It can just be an old iron helmet. Cobra Commander wears the mask to be a more symbolic figure. You know, to rally the troups. Snake Eyes' entire head is covered in scars left over from when he was badly burned in a fire, so odds are he would keep the mask on at a picnic to keep folks from throwing up their potato salad. As for Storm Shadow: Why not. The mask's kind of cool. And he is a ninja.

You don't think it's kind of 'campy?' Regardless of why they wear the masks this, as well as a lot of other details, are going to have to be toned down and modified a lot.

You don't think it's kind of 'campy?' Regardless of why they wear the masks this, as well as a lot of other details, are going to have to be toned down and modified a lot.

Well, Snake Eyes doesn't seem campy, as he has a very legitimate reason for always wearing a mask. And with Cobra Commander, it just makes him seem crazy and creepy, which he is. Storm Shadow, his mask is unnecessairy, but he could just be honoring his family. Which is never a bad thing. And Destro has a "I can do whatever I want, I'm rich, **** you" aditude, so I think he'd wear it just because he can.

No, he'll come off as a cultured European aristocrat. Which he is. Cobra Commander may be crazy, but crazy people can still make good leaders. There are many different kinds of crazy.
I don't know, something just doesn't seem right.

Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander's wierd history would lend itself to a fight scene between the two. But, honestly, if there were a fight scene, I'd see Cobra Commander fighting like the guerilla soldier he is (I/E, cheating), and then Storm Shadow coming to the rescue (as Cobra Commander is the one responsible for Storm Shadow's uncle's death).
I have about five major fights in the whole story. The culmination being Snake Eyes vs. Cobra Commander. The two mid card fights would be Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow and Duke/Cobra Commander. The two bottom card fights are Storm Shadow/Firefly and Duke/Flint.

I have about five major fights in the whole story. The culmination being Snake Eyes vs. Cobra Commander. The two mid card fights would be Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow and Duke/Cobra Commander. The two bottom card fights are Storm Shadow/Firefly and Duke/Flint.

Alright.

Also, I think when planning Cobra and Cobra Commander for a movie, they shouldn't model it after fictional terrorist organizations like HYDRA or SPECTRE, and shouldn't model it after real life terrorist groups like Al Qaeda. They should take their inspiration from the Weathermen and, at least in terms of organizational structure and forms of membership, the KKK. They're right wing, anti-government radicals and guerilla soldiers who want to overthrow the United States Government and create over 50, borderline anarchist states in it's place where most of the public officials that do exist are members of Cobra. They should have chapters all over the country, with members who are police officers, lawyers, politicians, and buisnessmen. And Cobra Commander should be your classic 1970s political radical. Always going on about "The Man" and calling government operatives "pigs" and other such terms. He should be unhinged, have violent mood swings, and be obsessive, as usual, but he should also be a man with a vision. And, as such, incredibly dangerous.

Also, as a side note, I see the Dreadnoks as being a massive, Hell's Angels style biker gang/fraternity, many chapters of which, including the founding chapter, fall in with Cobra.

Well, Snake Eyes doesn't seem campy, as he has a very legitimate reason for always wearing a mask. And with Cobra Commander, it just makes him seem crazy and creepy, which he is. Storm Shadow, his mask is unnecessairy, but he could just be honoring his family. Which is never a bad thing. And Destro has a "I can do whatever I want, I'm rich, **** you" aditude, so I think he'd wear it just because he can.
Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows make sense but I don't think they'll be masked 24/7. Snake Eyes could always wear those big sunglasses and it would cover up most of the scars, at least the gruesome parts.

I'm sorry but I don't see any reality in Cobra Commander wearing a mask simply because 'he thinks it looks good,' that's childish man.

Destro is rich, arisocratic arms dealer which means he must have some intelligence. Why would a man of intelligence wear a hot, heavy mask that is difficult to breathe out of and see from? In a warm climate the inside of a metal mask would probably get up to 150 degrees. I think you'd better seriously rethink your logic.

Alright.

Also, I think when planning Cobra and Cobra Commander for a movie, they shouldn't model it after fictional terrorist organizations like HYDRA or SPECTRE, and shouldn't model it after real life terrorist groups like Al Qaeda. They should take their inspiration from the Weathermen and, at least in terms of organizational structure and forms of membership, the KKK. They're right wing, anti-government radicals and guerilla soldiers who want to overthrow the United States Government and create over 50, borderline anarchist states in it's place where most of the public officials that do exist are members of Cobra. They should have chapters all over the country, with members who are police officers, lawyers, politicians, and buisnessmen. And Cobra Commander should be your classic 1970s political radical. Always going on about "The Man" and calling government operatives "pigs" and other such terms. He should be unhinged, have violent mood swings, and be obsessive, as usual, but he should also be a man with a vision. And, as such, incredibly dangerous.

Also, as a side note, I see the Dreadnoks as being a massive, Hell's Angels style biker gang/fraternity, many chapters of which, including the founding chapter, fall in with Cobra.
I know what you're saying and I agree but to lay all that out you're talking multiple movies.

Right on about the Commander, he seriously is Hitler reborn.

Yeah, the Dreadnocks could be the main adversary for an entire film by themselves.

I know what you're saying and I agree but to lay all that out you're talking multiple movies.

I don't see why. That's just how I'd like to see Cobra portrayed. What their motives and organization are like.

Right on about the Commander, he seriously is Hitler reborn.

Not really. As I said, he should be more in the vein of 1970s political radicals, or those guys out in the Midwest who go on about "shadow governments" and the such.

Yeah, the Dreadnocks could be the main adversary for an entire film by themselves.

I guess. I don't know why you'd want them to be, though,

I'm sorry but I don't see any reality in Cobra Commander wearing a mask simply because 'he thinks it looks good,' that's childish man.

Maybe the Commander just wants to keep his identity unknown even to his followers (it adds to his mystique)? Wearing a mask would be the easiest way to do so. Also, as his face isn't seen, it makes it a lot easier for him to place body doubles in his place. He's certainly paranoid enough to do so.

Destro is rich, arisocratic arms dealer which means he must have some intelligence. Why would a man of intelligence wear a hot, heavy mask that is difficult to breathe out of and see from? In a warm climate the inside of a metal mask would probably get up to 150 degrees. I think you'd better seriously rethink your logic.

It could easily be retconned to say that the helmet has some tech integrated into it. That should suffice, right? Alternatively, if they decide to forgo the mask, it could make an appearance when they first introduce Destro by having him meet the Baroness at a masquerade ball.

Alternatively, if they decide to forgo the mask, it could make an appearance when they first introduce Destro by having him meet the Baroness at a masquerade ball.
I could see that. Maybe he leaves the mask on, like Revenge of the Nerds.

Maybe the Commander just wants to keep his identity unknown even to his followers (it adds to his mystique)? Wearing a mask would be the easiest way to do so. Also, as his face isn't seen, it makes it a lot easier for him to place body doubles in his place. He's certainly paranoid enough to do so.

It could easily be retconned to say that the helmet has some tech integrated into it. That should suffice, right? Alternatively, if they decide to forgo the mask, it could make an appearance when they first introduce Destro by having him meet the Baroness at a masquerade ball.

I like that idea. He can't wear that mask all the time. I'm sure he wasn't wearing it at Snake Eyes court marshall for the murder of Baronesses brother in Vietnam.

A film only has room for so many masked, mysterious characters. Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, Destro, Firefly, Beach Head, anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"