Cobra!!!

I don't think Cobra should be modeled after the Nazis, or should come off as fascist in any way. At least in the comics, Cobra has always been right wing, anti-government militants with fairly Libertarian philosophies.

Yes, but maybe the reason Cobra Commander is so anti-government and Libertarian is because he grew up in an extremely controlled system. Much like young Pink.

What Cobra is claimed to be and what Cobra is are two different things.
Throughout history, many organizations began as anti-government radicals only to turn into a government themselves. It's kind of the standard for overthrowing a government and rising to power.

Yes, but maybe the reason Cobra Commander is so anti-government and Libertarian is because he grew up in an extremely controlled system. Much like young Pink.

What Cobra is claimed to be and what Cobra is are two different things.
Throughout history, many organizations began as anti-government radicals only to turn into a government themselves. It's kind of the standard for overthrowing a government and rising to power.

It's a repeating theme in history, but I wouldn't call it a standard. And the reason Cobra Commander is so anti-government isn't because he grew up in a controled system. It's because, when his brother died, he blamed it on the corrupt judge who ruined his life, spent a brief period as a vigilante railing against the system, killed the judge, and then slowly descended into madness.

It's a repeating theme in history, but I wouldn't call it a standard. And the reason Cobra Commander is so anti-government isn't because he grew up in a controled system. It's because, when his brother died, he blamed it on the corrupt judge who ruined his life, spent a brief period as a vigilante railing against the system, killed the judge, and then slowly descended into madness.

You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Lots of people lose brothers, they don't go on to become Hitler-esque madmen though! There was something in Cobra Commanders childhood that had significant impact on the events portrayed. Was he a troublemaker or an honor student? Did he play sports or get into theatre? Did he even go to school, or was he street kid? Private school or public school? What was his childhood like? Who was his first love? Who was his last love? Did he work other than as a used car salesman?

These are questions that NEED to be answered BEFORE a script is written.
To simply make up a name(Rex) and a ficticous Vietnam past with convenient connections to Duke is piss-poor, lazy writing and the groundwork for cookie-cutout action film #1,293.:csad:

Here are a couple of suggestions for Baroness:

Sarah Silverman

OR

Parker Posey
PARKER%20POSEY.jpg

You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Lots of people lose brothers, they don't go on to become Hitler-esque madmen though! There was something in Cobra Commanders childhood that had significant impact on the events portrayed. Was he a troublemaker or an honor student? Did he play sports or get into theatre? Did he even go to school, or was he street kid? Private school or public school? What was his childhood like? Who was his first love? Who was his last love? Did he work other than as a used car salesman?

These are questions that NEED to be answered BEFORE a script is written.
To simply make up a name(Rex) and a ficticous Vietnam past with convenient connections to Duke is piss-poor, lazy writing and the groundwork for cookie-cutout action film #1,293.:csad:

Okay. First off, he isn't "Hitler-esque." He's not a fascist, he's not a racial elitist, and he doesn't hate jews.

Anyway, to answer your questions: 1) He probably wasn't an honor student or a trouble maker, just a very smart kid who kept to himself. 2) Theater, if anything. Although he is in surprisingly good shape, so he could have been into sports as well. Of course, that could be a more resent developement. 3) He most likely did go to school. However, he might not have gone to college. 4) It was, more likely than not, a public school. 5) I don't know what his childhood was like, but there's no indication that it was anything other than ordinary. 5) I don't know. 6) His wife, who divorced him after his short lived vigilante crusade and when he started planning Cobra.

I think showing what we know of his origin now and just that is fine.

Posey for Baronness would work depending on the age of Destro. If they go too young with him and had Posey, it'd be too May-December.

Having said that, I think she's hot, can act, and would be great.

Posey for Baronness would work depending on the age of Destro. If they go too young with him and had Posey, it'd be too May-December.

Having said that, I think she's hot, can act, and would be great.

I actually like a bit of age difference between Destro and Baroness.

Here is the top of my pecking order of COBRA'S(villains):
1. Destro
2. Cobra Commander
3. Major Bludd(I'll explain later)
4. Storm Shadow
5. Zartan
6. Baroness

AND HERE ARE THE ACTORS:
Destro = Powers Boothe

Cobra Commander = Bob Geldof

Major Bludd = Jean Reno

Storm Shadow = Jet Li

Zartan = Jim Carey

Baroness = Sarah Silverman

Destro = Powers Boothe

Sadly, I have to say no. He's almost 70 now and he's most definitely showing his age. Here's a more recent picture of him:

24-20070209040119727.jpg

Cobra Commander = Bob Geldof

Doubtful. He hasn't acted in a live-action movie in years. And even then, he wasn't the most menacing character in any flick and that's what Cobra Commander is supposed to be. Besides, he's all about saving the world now.

Storm Shadow = Jet Li

No. He's too high profile (and a little old in my opinion) to play Storm Shadow. I can't see how anyone would be able to persuade him unless his daughters turn out to be total fanatics of G.I. Joe.

Zartan = Jim Carey

No, for the same reason as Jet Li. However, I do have an alternative suggestion for Zartan. What about Ian Tracey (Intelligence, 4400)? I like his style and think he could pull off a decent Zartan. Imagine seeing this face under the infamous brown hood:

Character_danielarmand.jpg

Baroness = Sarah Silverman

Though I haven't seen her do any action flicks before, I like the idea and she could definitely come up with a daring/interesting interpretation of the Baroness.

The only candidate for Cobra Commaner is Gary Oldman.

Powers Boothe can act 18 if you want him to. He's Powers Friggin' Boothe.

Having said that, I still favor Gerard Butler for Destro.

Baroness
baroness.gif
I still Like Eva Green
eva_green.jpg
or Milla Jovovich
milla_jovovich.jpg
or even as an above poster mentioned who I like very much Evangeline Lilly
evangeline-lilly-sm.jpg

Major Bludd
bludd.gif
Dafoe
willem-dafoe.jpg

Firefly
393497377_bffc2eaef5.jpg
Josh Duhamel
hot-list-josh-duhamel-1.jpg

Storm Shadow
Donnie Yen or Brian Tee
2005_ss01.jpg
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiAM1MhGnBcAHUKjzbkF/SIG=12kmbll2d/EXP=1187653004/*
*http%3A//ifmagazine.com/graphics/Unsorted/26_brian_tee_ss_1697.jpg
Sshadownew.jpg

1st of all, from what I read the powers that be already seem to have ruined this possible blockbuster by trying to incorporate many different heroes from GI Joe thru out the years. The reason for this was money. If they used a broad range of characters , the movie would appeal to a wider audience meaning more money. It makes sense from a business standpoint. The movie in general will suffer from trying to hard to incorporate too much, being watered down. But when they said they were including 'Action Man' , a British character and Jason Statham was rumored to play him, that did it for me. Anyone agree?

1st of all, from what I read the powers that be already seem to have ruined this possible blockbuster by trying to incorporate many different heroes from GI Joe thru out the years. The reason for this was money. If they used a broad range of characters , the movie would appeal to a wider audience meaning more money. It makes sense from a business standpoint. The movie in general will suffer from trying to hard to incorporate too much, being watered down. But when they said they were including 'Action Man' , a British character and Jason Statham was rumored to play him, that did it for me. Anyone agree?

I would like to add on to the topic of 'the amount of characters.' If this proposed G.I. JOE/War movie is going to be at all realistic it will have to have more characters. For the movie to 'seem real' it should be a reflection of the military and war itself. Overcrowded, raw grittiness is the best way to achieve this and the best way to achieve that is by including all the characters.

They could both play bad guys in a GI Joe movie, I think that's well within their range(s).

They could both play bad guys in a GI Joe movie, I think that's well within their range(s).

Remember the voice of cobra commander? unlike Destro cobra commander he s not a tough guy he s coward I don't see those dudes doing a voice like that but Steve Buscemi and defoe yes!

Viggo might struggle with the voice, true. But Butler could handle Destro's voice in a heartbeat.

Viggo might struggle with the voice, true. But Butler could handle Destro's voice in a heartbeat.

ok my mistake I though both were for Cobra commander but yeah Butler could do a good destro

My mind stumbled upon this last night and it is in reference to a possible choice for Cobra Commander. How about Capt. Jack Sparrow himself, Johnny Depp. The Commander is someone with ALOT of character and Depp has proven that he can supply plenty of that in roles like Jack Sparrow, Willy Wonka, Edward Scissorhands, Ichabod Crane, Raoul Duke,
William Blake, Don Juan, "Crybaby" Walker, and George Jung.

Cobra Commander seems a bit eccentric and who is more eccentric than...
Johnny Depp for Cobra Commander.

Would Depp work with Stephen Sommers? Will anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"