• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diamond Shipping list for March 18, 2009

Sadly, when even though it wasn't the best thing ever. It was far times better than the **** Kyle & Yost slammed down our throats. :o

Here's to New New New New Mutants. :o

I think you forgot a couple of "New's"...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:csad:

Are you mad? They can't cancel a Wolverine book! It doesn't matter if his two First Class titles sold thousands less than Young X-Men every month. He's the sacred cow of Marvel. He has his own cartoon show! They're about to release his 4th movie in theatres!

END LEAGUE #7 $2.99 - About time.
DARK AVENGERS #3 DKR $3.99
PUNISHER #3 DKR $2.99
THUNDERBOLTS #130 DKR $2.99
UNCANNY X-MEN #507 $2.99
WOLVERINE #71 $2.99
X-FACTOR #41 $2.99
X-FORCE #13 $2.99
X-MEN KINGBREAKER #4 (OF 4) $3.99
X-MEN LEGACY #222 $2.99
YOUNG X-MEN #12 $2.99 - Last issue I believe

Maybe
AZRAEL DEATHS DARK KNIGHT #1 (OF 3) $2.99

Okay... I'm pretty sure this is EVERY X-Title in one week. Actually, I can think of Cable. Is that it? Anyhow, besides the large amount of X-Men, I'm also excited about the three Dark Reign stories. Punisher has been a nice surprise for me so I'm excited to see what happens when Punisher goes against the Hood. Dark Avengers have been really good. And the Thunderbolts/Deadpool story has me excited, so that's also awsome. And while I don't look forward to it like I did in the early issues, I'm still hanging on. Hopefully it'll get better soon. It's not bad, but not worth the wait.

And this is just too expensive. I'm selling comics to buy comics and I can't sell any more. I have to start dropping titles because I just don't have the money to buy them. I don't know what to drop though because I mostly buy Marvel and it seems that to get a full story you need everything. To get the full Avengers scope you need New, Dark, Mighty, Initiative, and Thunderbolts. To get the full X-Men scope you need Uncanny, Legacy, Young/New Mutants, Cable, and X-Force. The X-Titles not necessary are X-Factor and Wolverine and they're actually better than the others so I don't want to drop them. Cosmic stuff requires both Nova and Guaridans, but now with WoK you need the War of Kings mini and the Ascension mini, and Skaar's getting up there with them as well. But if you buy Skaar, then come Planet Skaar you might need Hulk and Savage She-Hulk. Then there's the real stand alone books like Iron Fist and Captain Britain & MI:13, but those are better than all those books that intertwine. GRRRRR!

I'm dropping Hulk, Secret Six, Green Arrow/Black Canary, and JLA for certain, and probably Deadpool and JSA. I'll probably have to drop Skaar after this Silver Surfer arc, though I don't really want to. Same with Punisher and maybe X-Factor. I'm going to have to just stop on most minis. I don't know, but I'm just not happy. The $3.99 price tag is forcing a few more titles dropped than necessary, thanks for that Marvel/DC. From outside the realms of DC/MARVEL I collect Project Superpowers, Death Defying Devil, Black Terror, Echo, End League, and Umbarella Academy. I like most of these better than the DC/Marvel stuff, so they're staying for now, though Death-Defying Devil is on the fence and End League is quickly getting there.

I need more money.

Last edited:
Okay... I'm pretty sure this is EVERY X-Title in one week. Actually, I can think of Cable. Is that it?
You forgot Astonishing X-Men, but sometimes I wonder if Marvel is even still publishing it. Simone Bianchi is so slow, he makes me miss John Cassaday. And Cassaday is so slow, he's been drawing a single issue of Planetary since 2007.

Ah... forgot about Astonishing. I don't really even consider that a real book anyhow. I'll probably be dropping it too due to it's irrelivent nature.

I remember when Ellis and Bianchi were first announced on Astonishing. It was all "it won't be off in its own universe anymore!" and "it'll connect with the other X-titles!"

As of now, that book takes place circa Uncanny X-Men 6 issues ago, before their new base even had a name or Pixie had moved in.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #588 $3.99
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EXTRA #3 $3.99
THUNDERBOLTS #130 DKR $2.99 - unless it's crossing over with Deadpool
ULTIMATE X-MEN #100 $3.99 - Finally, I'm free!
X-FACTOR #41 $2.99

I remember when Ellis and Bianchi were first announced on Astonishing. It was all "it won't be off in its own universe anymore!" and "it'll connect with the other X-titles!"

As of now, that book takes place circa Uncanny X-Men 6 issues ago, before their new base even had a name or Pixie had moved in.
Sounds like a winner. :up:

Astonishing X-Men is the only mainline X-Men book I read (outside of X-Factor), so it's the only thing that's relevant as far as I can see:o

I'm very close to dropping AXM and just giving it the ol' Tom Welling from now on :o

I've never dropped an X-book before(besides Exiles but that needed to be done) :(

That's my problem. I dropped Wolverine: Origins due to it's continuity mess and Wolverine (I'm reading Old Man Logan, but that's it), but never anything else. Exiles wasn't really an X-Book by the time I dropped it. But mainstream X-Men books, never. Astonishing is really close. I reread the 4 issues I have and they're okay so I figure if I catch a new issue on a slow week I'll get it, otherwise, it's done. I'm not a big fan of delays or ignoring continuity here and there, and Whedon's still got me bitter on Astonishing for it. Ellis isn't do that much better.

DARK AVENGERS #3
DEADPOOL GAMES OF DEATH
SPIDER-MAN NOIR #4
THUNDERBOLTS #130

Dark Avengers should be pretty damn good. Deodato = awesome.

That's my problem. I dropped Wolverine: Origins due to it's continuity mess and Wolverine (I'm reading Old Man Logan, but that's it), but never anything else. Exiles wasn't really an X-Book by the time I dropped it. But mainstream X-Men books, never. Astonishing is really close. I reread the 4 issues I have and they're okay so I figure if I catch a new issue on a slow week I'll get it, otherwise, it's done. I'm not a big fan of delays or ignoring continuity here and there, and Whedon's still got me bitter on Astonishing for it. Ellis isn't do that much better.

Yeah, I need continuity in my life. comics these days are already lacking long term consequences as it is, don't need some "offworld" book that's ultimately a waste of time. Yeah Kitty died, but nobody besides Colossus and Nightcrawler seem to notice :o

You're not reading Wolverine: First Class? :csad:

Dude, I can only put my hatred for the character aside long enough to real Old Man Logan.

But First Class is the one comic where you don't even want to hate him. :o

Then Marvel should have thought about that prior to their ****ing him out so much that he's become nothing but a joke.

I can tolerate him in X-Force, only because it's fun seeing people getting stabbed left and right

He's okay there. Honestly... I think I'd really like him if he was in one book again. Or even one Wolverine book and one team book. It's all these minis and ongoings and teams and alternates that's killing me. I can't take him seriously anymore.

I just pretend the majority of his other appearances don't exist. Wolverine: First Class is fun; everything else can suck it.

After a long long time, got back into comics a couple weeks ago. It was a heavy week. Almost $70 yesterday. On top of this bought a bunch of older stuff I wanted to read to catch up on some other story lines. But this is just the new stuff from yesterday.

AZRAEL DEATHS DARK KNIGHT #1 (OF 3) $2.99
DEADPOOL GAMES OF DEATH $3.99
PUNISHER #3 DKR $2.99
THUNDERBOLTS #130 DKR $2.99 - Would have bought this, delayed a week.
ULTIMATE X-MEN #100 $3.99
WOLVERINE ORIGINS #34 DKR $2.99
GI JOE: COBRA #1
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE PREQUEL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member