Dick Grayson Casting Thread

Dick isn't a clown. Not everything that comes out of his mouth is a joke. I'd like to see him played by a well-rounded actor who can make us laugh and cry. I know Efron can be funny. I want to see him be serious.

Yep.

Dick isn't a "clown" but he's not super-serious and brooding either. He is more carefree and "in the moment." Sure he has his demons, but he isn't the tortured soul that Bruce is. I think someone who can be lighter without being outright comedic would be perfect. In some ways Dick is more difficult to pull off than Bruce. Efron could do that.

Dick isn't a "clown" but he's not super-serious and brooding either. He is more carefree and "in the moment." Sure he has his demons, but he isn't the tortured soul that Bruce is. I think someone who can be lighter without being outright comedic would be perfect. In some ways Dick is more difficult to pull off than Bruce. Efron could do that.
I believe so too. Efron has already shown the traits you mention, in previous roles.

I would never suggest Dylan O'Brien. I have nothing against the guy, but after all the insane crap that went on over Spider-Man's casting, I have no desire to ever see him in a superhero film.
I was almost about to declare my love for you now :)

When it all comes down, Lerman is and has always been more superhero material than O'Brien.
Now with DCU, he could be cast where he truly belongs.

EDIT: And Highmore is more Spider-Man than Robin. Should we leave him out of this forever now?

Efron was serious in Charlie St Cloud.

I don't think I've heard a single good thing about that movie. I'd rather watch him in something good.

I want an actor who has range. Just because Grayson is normally charismatic and carefree doesn't mean he'll always be that way, and when it's time for the actor to buckle down and get serious - whether he has to be determined or tearful or anything in between - he should be able to do it without hesitation.

I believe so too. Efron has already shown the traits you mention, in previous roles.

I was almost about to declare my love for you now :)

When it all comes down, Lerman is and has always been more superhero material than O'Brien.
Now with DCU, he could be cast where he truly belongs.

EDIT: And Highmore is more Spider-Man than Robin. Should we leave him out of this forever now?

Highmore would make a good Jimmy Olsen. That's about it, lol.

Jonathan f***ing Groff, goddammit. :o

Richard Madden tbh
richard-madden-premiere-of-disneys-cinderella_4615970.jpg

I'd need proof he could do an American accent before I'd feel comfortable signing off on it.

Yup, it is indeed. Sounds good enough for me.

I want O'brien to land it just so airwings can have a little aneurysm about it lmao

I want O'brien to land it just so airwings can have a little aneurysm about it lmao
Just because of that? Would you even accept a version that stinks as long as it bothers me?

Who is the winner then? Maybe me, because I was right all along

Tg11: You don't want him in the role. You suggest him only to annoy the crap out of me.
Do you think that's mature behaviour?

Just because of that? Would you even accept a version that stinks as long as it bothers me?

Who is the winner then? Maybe me, because I was right all along

I would win because we'd get an awesome Nightwing
BSiuhcACIAEWDrU.jpg

Tim Drake, PERHAPS. But not Dick Grayson. Richard Madden would be the better choice for Grayson, since he would command that Robb Stark presence which I believe is a key element within Knightwing himself, after being under Batman's influence for longer years.

"I want Liam Aiken to land the role of Nightwing just so that EVERYBODY ELSE here at SHH are going to have aneurysm about it."

This is the role I would like Sam Claflin to play.

I also like the Richard Madden suggestion.

Zac Efron might be a pretty solid choice as Grayson/Nightwing.

IF Scott Eastwood has not already been cast as him?

Hmm.....

I'd like to see Caflin in a superhero role, this one or something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"