Dick Grayson Casting Thread

I'm warming up to idea of Efron.
Him playing Dick (Grayson), that is

Firm no to Bomer. Too old.

I want to see Efron's "Grayson" :cwink:

Bomer should play a lead role in a superhero movie.

Richard Madden would be good. I was going to say I wanted someone younger, but I checked his age and was surprised to see he's only 29. Fourteen years younger than Affleck.

Seems good enough to me. I enjoyed his work in Game of Thrones. He definitely has that on-screen presence and gives off a leadership vibe. That's what the actor needs to play "formerly Batman's sidekick and now wants to be known as solo superhero", Dick Grayson.

Last edited:
After seeing Skins, 71, Unbroken and Starred Up, Jack O'Connell as Dick Grayson would make my day.

Efron and Zegers are my two main choices for Dick Grayson.
Not O'Connell, Bomer, Harrington or Madden.

Can someone explain to me what Zegers has done to merit such huge fan support? I've only seen him in two roles (The Colony and Gracepoint) and he was mediocre in both.

Jack O'Connell, I believe, is best suited for Jason Todd. He's already staring alongside George Clooney where he holds him hostage for a new film. It fits perfectly when you think about that image :hehe:

Can someone explain to me what Zegers has done to merit such huge fan support? I've only seen him in two roles (The Colony and Gracepoint) and he was mediocre in both.

There are quite a few actors that are very well respected or have a following here on SHH that I find extremely mediocre. I've seen Kevin Zegers in a few things and came away with the same feeling as you, he really doesn't stand out at all. Seems like a really bland actor to me.

On the contrary, he's as good as the films allow him to be.

And he was born to play Dick Grayson.

There are quite a few actors that are very well respected or have a following here on SHH that I find extremely mediocre. I've seen Kevin Zegers in a few things and came away with the same feeling as you, he really doesn't stand out at all. Seems like a really bland actor to me.

Yeah. Granted, the stuff he was in might not have been great but he sure as sh** didn't elevate the material. I really don't get Airwings' fascination with him and sure as hell don't see what makes him "born" to play Dick Grayson.

Yeah, Jack O'Connell would be great. I also like his Unbroken co-star Finn Wittrock who was really good in The Big Short:

finn-wittrock.jpg

I'm not a big fan of Zac Efron, maybe I'm just biased against him, and he could turn my opinion around given the right script.

I like the idea of John Harrington, he does have a certain stoic, heroic, and likable quality that Nightwing needs. Same with Sam Clafin. I would like for Nightwing to have the classic Nightwing look, with the straight, medium length hair down in his face, so I wonder how either one of those guys would look with that.

No matter who they would choose, I am crossing my fingers for Nightwing and Gordon, as well as Barbara (Oracle or Batgirl).

Yeah, Jack O'Connell would be great. I also like his Unbroken co-star Finn Wittrock who was really good in The Big Short:

finn-wittrock.jpg
I was thinking this the other day, he's perfect for Jason :ilv:

Has anyone mentioned François Arnaud yet? Great acting on The Borgias, opposite Jeremy Irons. He was also surprisingly charming early on, which is even more puzzling considering his character there. Plus, he's used to working with our Alfred!

2c2f7e6b1354bba1ba7f54306b8ccc85.jpg

rs_634x1024-131016195741-634.-francois-arnaud-fifty-shades.jpg

Last edited:
If we gonna have an actor with a French name, why not go with Garpard Ulliel? I think he has a better look for the character

Alden Ehrenreich - Dick Grayson

image.jpg

If we gonna have an actor with a French name, why not go with Garpard Ulliel? I think he has a better look for the character

I don't think the actor's name matters, as long as he speaks perfect English. I suggested Arnaud because I had recently been watching The Borgias, and I was really impressed with him there. I agree that the actor chosen should bear resemblance to the original character, but being young, dark-haired, light-eyed and handsome, I thought him to resemble Dick enough.

Of course, there are other people who look more like comic-book Dick Grayson (Brant Daugherty, for example, looks like he jumped right off the page), but I had to take acting abilities into account. That is the most important part, after all.

This is not to say that Gaspard Ulliel can't be a competent actor or choice for the character. I'm just unable to comment on him as I've never seen anything he's been on. Is he any good?

Alden Ehrenreich - Dick Grayson

You know, I've never actually seen Ehrenreich act (hopefully that'll change with me watching Hail, Caesar! this weekend), but I've heard a lot of good things about him in the past. What have you seen him in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"