• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did Action Comics #900 just show the new Krypton for Man Of Steel?

I'm hoping not. Needs more color and needs to look more art deco. Less Coruscant, more Flash Gordon.

You say that because we've only seen it at night. And that was barely a representation of the planet. It was just one location. And we don't even know if that's how the movie is going to portray it...

Birthright needs to be the model, but I would like Krypton to be more colorful than it was in Birthright as well. It needs to be brightly lit with lots of primary colors. It shouldn't look cold-it should be breathtakingly beautiful. Krypton was a Utopia and needs to look the part.

All I have to say is that it is funny that Life Support, the Goyer story and the one written by Geoff Johns were the best in the issue. Donner's story sucked and i didnt care for the main story with Doomsday or the Paul Dini one.

That doesn't look too bad. But still, Krypton needs to be a bit more...y'know, alien-looking.

Last edited:
i think it'd be fine if the populated areas of krypton were couresant-ish....while the rural areas of krypton can be more crystalline. theres no reason why the geography/terrain of krypton cant be diverse.

i think it'd be fine if the populated areas of krypton were couresant-ish....while the rural areas of krypton can be more crystalline. theres no reason why the geography/terrain of krypton cant be diverse.

But with vegetation aswell. Something like the rock formations and mountains can resemble the cities and FoS of the movies.

Enough with the crystals!It's time for something completely new and surprising.

prefer birthright
974894-krypton__02__005__04_.png

974892krypton0200302.png

I do think that the Birthright version is the way to go. Has a 'Morbius' like design.

Enough with the crystals!It's time for something completely new and surprising.

You know, I've noticed whenever anyone offers up their opinion on what should be in the new movie and it's Donner related at all, you get people shouting things like "enough with the crystals!" or "enough with the Donner homages!". It seems kindof disrespectful to me. It's like you think you're some Donner-censoring moderator who comes along to snuff out any Donner related discussion so we can get back to making suggestions based on the comics ONLY.

I'm not asking for you to agree with me, but don't come in here shouting at me just because you hate my ideas.

Nolan's involved...so my guess is were getting a Krypton that looks like Hong Kong...and were getting Kryptonians that dress like ordinary humans.

COSMIC :up: :o

ok so a few weeks ago we got confirmation that we would be seeing a new version of Krypton in the new movie

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-man-of-steel-will-reveal-a-new-krypton-more-13234

now without spoiling the whole thing for those who didnt read it, in Action Comics #900 we see a short story that involves Jor-El who is much younger then previous versions (has dark hair instead of grey/white) and the Krypton he's on looks very similar to how the movie version is being said to look like........no crystal elements at all........which sucks in my opinion lol.

Personally I would have liked them to keep some of the crystal elements of Krypton mixed with tech from the Star Wars Coruscant city stuff, that way they do have something new but keeps the memory of the old look alive :)

Jor-El has been looking like his appearance in Action Comics for a couple of years now.

But with vegetation aswell. Something like the rock formations and mountains can resemble the cities and FoS of the movies.

I like this.

You know, I've noticed whenever anyone offers up their opinion on what should be in the new movie and it's Donner related at all, you get people shouting things like "enough with the crystals!" or "enough with the Donner homages!". It seems kindof disrespectful to me. It's like you think you're some Donner-censoring moderator who comes along to snuff out any Donner related discussion so we can get back to making suggestions based on the comics ONLY.

I'm not asking for you to agree with me, but don't come in here shouting at me just because you hate my ideas.

People who constantly harp on donner are the worst and most annoying part about these boards. and whenever you bring up their strange fixation on bashing donner, they just stay quiet.

Fine,dude,whatever.

Was, and still am hoping for a very futuristic, alien looking world as the setting for Krypton. But, I guess this is not where they want to go with it.

Still very pumped to see what they do with it, and in particular, the FOS

The people who are overreacting are kind of pissing me off because they are not even reading the whole point of what superman did.All they hear is oh he does'nt want to be american any more well **** YOU then Superman.

If they actually read what he was doing he is'nt doing it because he hates america and does'nt want to be associated with them anymore Superman renounces his citizenship to protect Americans. He does it so that the United States doesn't have to suffer the consequences of his actions in the event that those actions are misconstrued as acts on behalf of the American Government.

Last edited:
ok.....to anyone talking about the whole Superman renouncing his US citizenship thing................that has nothing to do with this topic......I would know......I started it lol plz either get on topic or move on ;)

Anyway, like I said before I really do hope they do include some of the crystal elements, maybe even a mash up of the Star Wars Couresant city mixed with the Birthright deigns, mixed with the Crystal cities from the movies/Smallville ;) that would look pretty cool if you ask me :)

I have a feeling it'll look more like Birthright's version of Krypton than anything else.

If we're talking Star Wars, I prefer Cloud City as a potential Krypton inspiration.

There's not enough life on that ice cube to fill a space cruiser!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"