Man of Steel Prequel Interest??

Jim-El

"My Son"
Reaction score
http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...crowe-would-be-open-to-a-man-of-steel-prequel

Russell Crowe has been receiving a lot of questions from his fans on Twitter asking him if he'd consider reprising his role of Jor-El from Man of Steel in a prequel and the actor says he's game.

"A lot of you are asking about a KRYPTON prequel, if that's something you feel strongly about let @Legendary pictures know your thoughts," he said. He added, in response to someone, "Just getting sick of reading the same question mate, however, if it came up, i'd give the tights another go."

Do you think a prequel set on Krypton could work? Or would you just like to see him in a Man of Steel sequel as a hologram?

The Sage originally posted this info in another thread, but I am curious how many Hype members would love to see a Man of Steel Prequel. I know for one, I would. As Russell says on his Twitter feed, let Legendary Pictures know your thoughts on this. Does someone have any info on how we who would love to see a MOS Prequel contact Legendary?

This would be somewhat similar to the SW's prequels, however timing in a MOS Prequel could be tricky. As others have commented, it would be cool to see the beginnings of the Jor-El-Zod relationship and how it and Krypton simultaneously spiral out of control. I would love to see more of Lara and Faora also!

How many have an interest in this?

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a Last Days of Krypton movie. The Krypton stuff in MoS was the best part of the film, IMO.

I'm not opposed to it, but what would the purpose be in making that? Would it be leading to something else?

If it is leading to a greater story arc involving other DC characters, I'm all for it. A prequel for prequel's sake doesn't interest me.

^ Last Days animated short! Make it happen!

Since Zack is working with Timm for the Superman tribute, maybe he can work with Timm for other Superman-related animation? On the MOS canon, of course?

I'm not opposed to it, but what would the purpose be in making that? Would it be leading to something else?

If it is leading to a greater story arc involving other DC characters, I'm all for it. A prequel for prequel's sake doesn't interest me.

Good points. It could be a possible spot for SuperGirl to emerge among others.

Nah, sorry but I'm not interested in that at all.

I don't know. Prequels always sound a bad idea. Basically half of the excitement is out because you know exactly what is going to happen.

^ Prequels make stories more interesting, but you end up with the inevitable ;)

To heck with a prequel. I want the ultimate sci-fi buddy movie...LANE & JOR-EL.

Make it happen, WB.

If they have a good writing team, a prequel film could be excellent.

I don't know. Prequels always sound a bad idea. Basically half of the excitement is out because you know exactly what is going to happen.

A prequel that works as a backstory for other Kryptonian characters to make their way into the DCCU like Doomsday, Eradicator, or Brainiac is fine. It might actually be a unique way to bring those character into the MOS universe rather than just having them show up on Earth.

A prequel that works as a backstory for other Kryptonian characters to make their way into the DCCU like Doomsday, Eradicator, or Brainiac is fine. It might actually be a unique way to bring those character into the MOS universe rather than just having them show up on Earth.

No movie should be reduced to be a 'character introducer.' Mos' sequel can have part of the movie to introduce the characters properly, just as all the movies do (like MOS introduced Jor-el and Zod for example).

If it's not written by Goyer, sure. I don't know if I'd want Snyder to direct.

They would also be able to introduce / show Kara if they bring her in the sequel

Here's an idea for having Russell Crowe back as Jor-El. You have him as a cameo in a GL reboot. Abin Sur could say visit him or vice-versa long before he crashes on Earth passing the ring to Hal/John.

No. There was more than enough Krypton in Man of Steel.

No, but I would like more Krypton to explain Brainiac for example.

No, maybe show Jor-el dealing with Braniac but I have no interest in a prequel. Russell Crowe seems like the kin d of guy always in a bad mood. If you get tired of the same question stop acting. Or stay off twitter. Show some respect to your fans.

It could be pretty awesome. Krypton actually has a really awesome history that isregularly referenced, but has never really been shown in the comics. You could easily craft a pretty awesome Star Wars/Trek-esque movie from the tidbits they've written about the planet.

That said, I'mthoroughly sure it will never, ever happen.

It could be pretty awesome. Krypton actually has a really awesome history that isregularly referenced, but has never really been shown in the comics. You could easily craft a pretty awesome Star Wars/Trek-esque movie from the tidbits they've written about the planet.

That said, I'mthoroughly sure it will never, ever happen.

Well said. Maybe after MOS2 & maybe MOS3, there will be the desire to go back to Krypton. Highly doubtful, but one can hope.

that would be awesome! Krypton looks very interesting in MOS.
however MOS2 must come first!!!

Highly unlikely to happen of course, but I sure as hell wouldn't mind that at all.

At least there is no way around re-visiting Krypton in a sequel somehow if Doomsday should come into play.

Not a bad idea, if they can make it inside a studio, keeping the budget at 120 mil.

Make it a 90 min movie.

Show back story of Kara Zol El, also show Tomar Re appearing before the Kryptonian Council to warn them about the instable core of their planet.

Some alien villains could also be shown appearing on one of their colonies, a cameo of Mongul or Kanjar Ro.

I wouldn't mind a prequel but I prefer to not see one. I would rather see the budget of a prequel go into doing another DC property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"