Would you want an Animated Tie-in for Man of Steel?

I doubt they would do that, if there was an animated tie in thing, it would probably use who ever is cast in the film. Though as i said i would like a tie to show origins if there is totally no origin stuff told in this reboot at all. But if we do get a few details on origin stuff in the film. Then i dont really see the need for it.

I doubt they will do it also. But it would be incredible and epic as hell if there was a tie in, in the same manner of The Animatrix with complete CGI. They did use the voices of Carrie-Anne Moss, Keanu Reeves, and Lawrence Fishburne. It was awesome. Although the idea of this happening for Superman is highly unlikely.

I'm also tired of the DC Animated Style. It was great years ago when Batman and Superman were the primary heroes but once JL and especially JLU got started I quickly grew tired of all the heroes and villains having the same exact body structure. I know it would have cost a bit more chedder but it would have been cool the see Supes as the big guy, Bats more sleeker, flash slimmer with toned legs, etcetera. It would have added an extra layer of personality to the characters (at least visually).

Sidenote: I think the people who made gurren lagann could make a spectacular Green Lantern anime.

Yeah the styles in the animated DTVs are a vast improvement over the TVseries. Just take a look at the designs for the latest film, Crisis on Two Earths:

jlcrisisdesignslineupby.jpg

Compared to the Justice League season 2:

jludesign.jpg

Up in the top pic WW looks like she could take em' all on herself. And MM? wow, very tall.
I like.

Yeah the styles in the animated DTVs are a vast improvement over the TVseries. Just take a look at the designs for the latest film, Crisis on Two Earths:

jludesign.jpg

hey, nice find! where did you get the character model sheets for the crisis of two earths dvd? do you also have the character sheet for the superman/batman dtv?

I think that the reason why Gotham Knight worked so well is because it was released to coincide with The Dark Knight and not Batman Begins. Also, Animatrix was with along with the Matrix sequels as well and not the beginning of the trilogy. If they would do an animated tie in to the new Superman series then I think that they should wait until the follow up or atleast wait until after the first film is released and then do a kind of animated follow up that won't really effect however they wanna go with the story for the live action sequel.

Good point. I think Superman is a little different however than the others you mentioned, he only recently had a film in 2006, and currently has a long running tv series about his early adventures. I'd think if they want even more buzz around the new film an animated tie-in would work well, get people excited about it. It's Superman so you know people will be interested. And SR wasn't as bad as BAtman and Robin which left such a bad taste in peoples mouths that another live action film seemed impossible. With SR the GA may still be expecting some sort of sequel. An animated tie-in to the new film could help establish the new status quo for the film.

if they did any animated tie in stuff it would be curious to see what they would do. but with all the legal stuff it would probably limit if it was more krypton stuff and other things the heirs have rights too. But i still hope between now and when ever the reboot does come out. To maybe the legal stuff could be settled.

I remember reading that the superman doomsday dvd sold really well so I would imagine it would be a no brainer to have an animated tie-in. Plus depending on how they do the movie, for instance an established superman, they could always show krypton and his origins in an animated tie-in written by goyer or something.

jludesign.jpg

Vast improvement indeed. The JL season 2 versions look so stiff and lifeless compared to the Crisis on Two Earths versions. Love the skinny yet toned Flash.

If they were to still use Bruce Timm's caveman character designs then I prefer not seeing an animated tie-in or TV show. They should go with the Public Enemies look.

well as i pointed out if its true we cant really have any krypton stuff due to what ever krypton stuff the siegels have rights to right now. it might not be able to do that. though i really hope the legal stuff will get settled sooner. So then any darn deals can get put in place for wb/dc to use everything to full potential and all that. Also as i said over in a few threads, i really do hope we have at least a few origin stuff thrown into this new film. cause it would be foolished to not have anything and really start out with a superman in action for x number of yrs or soemthing like that.

If they were to still use Bruce Timm's caveman character designs then I prefer not seeing an animated tie-in or TV show. They should go with the Public Enemies look.

I doubt there's any real chance of his style coming back, they haven't used it in the last few years anyway. I think his style was developed similar to the new spidey animated series, in an effort to simplify the characters to make animation easier/smoother while still maintaining good action. It was practical for an animated series but the new DTVs have a much higher quality. If they do a tie-in i'm hoping it will use multiple styles for multiple stories, my favorite style is the one above from Crisis and from Green Lantern.

Last edited:
yea timm's art style and world is likely never going to be seen a gain. I believe he has stated in recent interviews for the DTV he has been apart on that WB premire/wb has no interest in going back into that world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"