Superman Returns Did Anyone Else Just See That?!

Not that I'm complaining cause the CG is damn near perfect!.. But exactly 16 seconds into the spot, where we see supes flying UP, I paused it to take a look at his face.. and it's CG. Damn good CG, but still CG.. It's that computergenerated face scan thingy they did on Routh (which they talk about in the blogs), that has never been done like that before.. it's great, but I still noticed it a bit, even in full speed! That's why I checked it out in slow-motion.. it's the same with the very first scene of supes flying along the ocean.. you CAN see it's CG.. But it's GOOD!

Naite22 said:
Most badass tv-spot yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap, the scene where superman cathes the man falling from the building!.............It only has one downfall............Why is it narrated by someone like that!!!! Pisses me off, it takes away the epic feel, and with footage this cool, it's stupid to have that steoroid shag talk over it!!!!!

I know a lot of us geeks don't like Sports, but WTF at all the Shaq hate!!!

How the hell can he take steroids when he's an NBA player, this isn't a wrestler or an MLB player. He's not even that big, muscle wise..

And The Footage was awesome, really nice spot. The Marketing for SR ha sbeen awesome, much better than Batman Begins' IMO.

shaq, "krytonite got nothing on me" except when it comes to free throws..haha
what a fool...maybe i just don't like him because he's an ignorant mofo...
i remember he made a big fuss in an interview talking in an asian accent making fun of yao ming, like it's supposed to be funny.., yeah shaq's really PC.

after i heard and read about this incident, i never liked the fool.
I'm a big superman fan too, but you don't see me inscribing superman logos on everything i own. I think he actually believes he is superman...
earth calling shaq..wake up...

Naite22 said:
Not that I'm complaining cause the CG is damn near perfect!.. But exactly 16 seconds into the spot, where we see supes flying UP, I paused it to take a look at his face.. and it's CG. Damn good CG, but still CG.. It's that computergenerated face scan thingy they did on Routh (which they talk about in the blogs), that has never been done like that before.. it's great, but I still noticed it a bit, even in full speed! That's why I checked it out in slow-motion.. it's the same with the very first scene of supes flying along the ocean.. you CAN see it's CG.. But it's GOOD!
The first scene looked bad to me. One of those shots that really didn`t have to be CGI. Hopefully i`m wrong and it will look much better in the theaters,

that looked great the globe..awesome!!!!!!!!!

love the catching of that man

Because I LIKE basketball I can dislike Shaq. I'm not ignorant. His obsession with Superman seems horribly misplaced and I hate the idea of this dink wearing the S on his arm for life as if he's worthy of it, slapping it on Cars, basketball courts, his bathroom, everywhere. He's always been overrated, getting over on his freakish size and less his basketball skills, and like I said, he just sounds bad. He's borderline unintelligible half the time.

I understand WHY he was picked for the promo, obviously. I still don't have to LIKE the dude.

Fatboy Roberts said:
Because I LIKE basketball I can dislike Shaq. I'm not ignorant. His obsession with Superman seems horribly misplaced and I hate the idea of this dink wearing the S on his arm for life as if he's worthy of it, slapping it on Cars, basketball courts, his bathroom, everywhere. He's always been overrated, getting over on his freakish size and less his basketball skills, and like I said, he just sounds bad. He's borderline unintelligible half the time.

I understand WHY he was picked for the promo, obviously. I still don't have to LIKE the dude.

Word. I live in Los Angeles.....

Haterade is tasty, man. Kids are sleepin on the haterade, for real.

The only time I've ever liked Shaq was when he made a video during his horrible music career (and I say that as a long time hip-hop head) and had the kids from Jackass show up to co-star. He was almost endearing during the shooting of that.

Fatboy Roberts said:

Fatboy...you know I love you.

But...uhhhh...how do you know anyone's fan love for Superman is misplaced? I mean just clue me on on that because I don't understand:)

Fatboy Roberts said:

dude i totally agree with you...
exactly what i would've said :up:

Some spectacular footage
icon10.gif
:up:

Love Shaq and his shaqapulco in his back garden
icon10.gif

Fatboy Roberts said:

I take it you saw that episode of cribs as well? :)

I think it's a great marketing move, but I agree, you can like basketball and even appreciate the marketing implications but you don't have to endear yourself to Shaq because of it.

Great footage - the flying scenes are going to be spectacular.......

Milkman95 said:
Great footage - the flying scenes are going to be spectacular.......
Totally agree,i can't believe all this talk about Shaq when there was such awesome action footage in the clip:confused:

hunter rider said:
Totally agree,i can't believe all this talk about Shaq when there was such awesome action footage in the clip:confused:

Exactly, screw Shaq.

I loved the action footage but I am suprised they showed him catching the globe, I thought that was going to be such a big sequence in the movie. I guess it still will be when we see the entire sequence.

I still can't make out what's going on in the car scene, looks like the car is just breaking through a barrier and falling towards the people below. Didn't see Superman in the vicinity yet.

did anyone hear his post-game speech to the press? i don't remember all of it exactly, but he said something along the lines of "i'm the second son of jor-el. superman."

FOR THE LOVE.

dabilee01 said:
did anyone hear his post-game speech to the press? i don't remember all of it exactly, but he said something along the lines of "i'm the second son of jor-el. superman."

FOR THE LOVE.

no i didn't hear it...but he's a RE_TAAAD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"