Did Aunt May ever figure out that Peter was Spiderman?

Did Robbie know in the comics? I've never really read them before.

It's never out right stated, but it's implied in the comics that he knows Peter and Spider-Man are the same person.

Just because they failed with Smallville doesn't mean they can't do a better job with the Sam Raimi Spider-Man franchise. And if it did fail, it wouldn't really do much damage considering the franchise is pretty much over now.

True. It doesn't necessarily mean that because one failed the other will as well, and I get that, but I'm saying that these usually tend not live up to their potential. It's usually written by writers who had no involvement with the film, they rarely heed the filmmakers, and so it comes off as some glorified fanfiction. It's true it can be great but so far they haven't. Mind you I'd definitely love a great run if it continues the original trilogy's continuity in some form. Of course it wouldn't do any damage to the franchise but that's no reason for starting a bad run either.

I kinda loved that one story Jon Favs did on Iron Man, which felt like it was part of the movie. I'd love to see a series if it worked like that. When Richard Donner was doing Action Comics for a while during the release of SR, it would've been a lot better if he kept it in his own continuity.

No, I don't think that works at all. If he had transformed into a Lizard, I doubt he would even be allowed to teach at a College anymore, at least not for a very long time. Spider-Man 2 took place 2 years after the first film, and the third was probably a few months after the second. Not enough time for so much to happen. He would most likely have transformed after the events of Spider-Man 3.

Well 2 years is a long time and who said everyone would be aware of the fact that he was the Lizard? I remember the animated series, Pete helped Connors out to keep his identity a secret so he could continue to teach. I felt that Raimi kept that character in there as an easter-egg for fans to speculate on.

Although it isn't necessary, I think they could do something cool in that series with Oscorp's downfall. The Hardy Foundation would be a pretty neat organization to take over Osborn's company, or perhaps Wilson Fisk buys out what's left of it.

Technically nothing is necessary, but yeah I agree -- it'd be really cool to see that. And also, I may be on the minority here but when they released Daredevil I liked how that film looked, it felt as though Raimi's Spider-Man could exist in that same New York, so we'd have a cinematic Kingpin but one who had already existed on film as well. Tie that in with the Hardy Foundation, the downfall of Oscorp with no true heirs, maybe that "non-existent girlfriend" of Harry's and some background on all those gold and silver Goblin masks. Even going into Spidey 3 Raimi had to address Harry's transformation since it was so heavily built in the first two films, it's sad that they had to give more prominence to Venom instead.

I guess we can agree on something. I figure he just moved on with his life, probably living on his own somewhere, or spending time with his daughter. She never gets cured, so we can assume that at some point her illness kills her.

Yeah that's like the only thing you can deduce from what we saw -- it's not like he disintegrates away. But I think that's a weakness for the actual script when they leave central points like this unresolved.

I have no comment.

:funny: sorry about that.

Or I dunno, maybe Stark Industries plays a part and we have a sort of anti-Osborn in Tony. The Raimi films were infinitely more like a part of the world of Avengers than Webb's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"