Sequels Did/Do you expect Sony to cast another Spider-Man for 'Venom'

I expect this project to die. You're telling me over the course of a year we're getting Spidey in Infinity War, Venom, an animated Miles film and the homecoming sequel? Talk about overkill.

I expect this project to die. You're telling me over the course of a year we're getting Spidey in Infinity War, Venom, an animated Miles film and the homecoming sequel? Talk about overkill.

Hasn't this project been in Development Hell since forever? I remember talk of the movie starring Mickey Rourke years ago.

Mickey Rourke was going to be Venom? How long ago? I could actually see that working when he was younger.

Hasn't this project been in Development Hell since forever? I remember talk of the movie starring Mickey Rourke years ago.
I remember when the original Spider-Man movie was in development hell and New Line had the rights to Venom for some reason.

Hell, I can remember all the old "Mickey Rooney as Venom" rumors.

Alright so once i heard about the new upcoming Venom movie I thought it was one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard of. I'm a huge marvel fan and doing this would just mess up all the MCU stuff they have planned with spider-man and what not. But there's this one character who could work. There's this character named Lee Price that bonds with the symbiote and his origin story could work without the inclusion of Spidey. He has a pretty cool origin as well so I thought it would work if they went in this direction, I'll link it here --->http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Lee_Price_(Earth-616) Also Lee Price's venom has ties with Black Cat which could possibly connect the Venom movie with the upcoming Silver Sable/Black Cat movie. To me this is one of the best possibilites to not mess everything up.

^So we assume the symbiote exists, and is in a lab some place following it's last encounter with Spider-man. New non MCU Spider-man is a part of it's history and we have to skip all the stuff with Brock etc. or include it as a flashback. They don't even have to re-cast Holland because well they can use a CGI model for the fight flashback and never have him take the mask off.

With the Silver Sable movie in works that sounds like the direction they would go, but it's like skipping Dick Grayson and jumping straight to Robin John Blake, but hey at least this one has a comic basis.

No. At the very most, I could see maybe a cameo where they use a stuntman wearing a Spider-Man costume, but I'd be very surprised to see the character appear in any kind of substantial role that would require casting an actual actor.

Plus, in light of the news that they're aiming for an R-rating for this, I could've swear that the Sony leaks revealed that they can't do an R-Rated Spider-Man movie. If that is the case, they probably have enough wiggle room for a solo Venom movie, but featuring Spider-Man in a supporting role would probably be pushing the boundaries enough for Marvel/Disney to have legal recourse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"