Did Superman really beat the Hulk?

Hmarrs

Sidekick
Reaction score
Did Superman really beat the Hulk in the Marvel versus DC crossover?

I ask this because technically I don't thinkthis question has really been answered.
In the 1970's or 80's Superman/Spiderman crossover Superman and the brute Hulk fought to a stand still.

earthcrossoverall13.jpg

In a later version somewhere 2005 or 06.Superman once again fought the brute Hulk and again it was a draw each one winning a victory over the other
38424372_9d5f5b4ae9_o.jpg

In the Marvelversus DC crossover Superman beat the Hulk but it was the professor Hulk not the brute Hulk not the "Hulk Smash!!!"Who in my opinion is the real Hulk.
It is the strongest version of the Hulk.
The professor Hulk is substantually weaker since Banner has some control.
In my opinion I think Marvel did this as a loop hole.

Dc-vs-marvel.jpg

So Superman VS.Hulk The real Hulk anyway.If so the answer has to be a stand still.If not then:

Superman Vs.Hulk

52577_90b7faaf86cb9459a3edb4feba650f38_rs_vw.jpg

The reality is this question has never really been answered.

The Marvel Versus DC Crossover was voted on by the fans. Hence Wolverine beating Lobo, Storm Beating Wonder Woman, Batman beating Hulk, and a whole mess of other bulls**t battles. The question will never be answered without some form of fanboy bias, so it's best to not think about it.

The Marvel Versus DC Crossover was voted on by the fans. Hence Wolverine beating Lobo, Storm Beating Wonder Woman, Batman beating Hulk, and a whole mess of other bulls**t battles. The question will never be answered without some form of fanboy bias, so it's best to not think about it.

Batman didnt fight the Hulk in Marvel vs Dc, that i remember....:huh:

They fought in some Marvel/DC thing. That Access crap or whatever. I think Bats kicked him in the nuts or something.

I think that was an earlier Batman/Hulk crossover, and I'm pretty sure Bruce just kicked Bruce in the stomach, not the nuts.

And I know no one'll believe me, but I totally didn't do that Bruce/Bruce thing on purpose. :)

He used a gas pellet then kicked him hard enough to cause the Hulk to have to inhale and the gas instantly put him out.

That was really really bad.

Ugh, that does sound bad.

On the other hand, it's a humiliating defeat for the Hulk sure to piss off Hulk fanboys everywhere, so I can't hate it too much. ;)

He used a gas pellet then kicked him hard enough to cause the Hulk to have to inhale and the gas instantly put him out.

How can a normal human like Bruce Wayne kick Hulk so hard that makes Hulk inhale against his will, when even superhuman beings like Abomination cannot do? I know that Bat fans like to claim that Batman can defeat anything if he has prep time, but this is ridiculous.

How can a normal human like Bruce Wayne kick Hulk so hard that makes Hulk inhale against his will, when even superhuman beings like Abomination cannot do? I know that Bat fans like to claim that Batman can defeat anything if he has prep time, but this is ridiculous.

Well, this was circa 1981 (pre-Batman can defeat God :whatever: ), and the Joker convinces the Hulk that they are buddies (on account they coth have green hair :woot: ) and lashes him out on Batman... after a few dodges from Hulk's big smashing hands, Bats throws a bunch of gas pellets while he's down (of course, he places a gas filter in his mouth), and the Hulk claims that "Bat-Man thinks Hulk too dumb, but Hulk can hold his breath" and takes in a bunch of air... at the same time, Batman, crouched down in a doggy style position, mule kicks the Hulk in his gut, making him take a breath and rendering him semi-unconcious enough to turn him back into Bruce Banner.

A typical kick would not have had much effect, but if you can picture Bats on all fours, and donkey kicks out, if would have had some kind of impact...

:yay:

IT WOULD!!! Batman can do ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to the issue where Batman "donkey kicks" his entire leg through a block of solid steel. :up:

I'm looking forward to the issue where Batman "donkey kicks" his entire leg through a block of solid steel. :up:

I'm surprised that Batman haven't use his patented kick to defeat Superman already. Why use Kryptonite when you can just kick the crap out of him? :o

At least Bats didn't "donkey punch" the Hulk... :wow: :wow: :wow:

:yay:

I would say the only ones who took a beating, were the fans who bought the marvel vs dc books.

Some of them are actually not too bad. The Punisher/Batman crossovers are actually neat. Azrael basically out-Punishers the Punisher in the first one, and then Frank comes back to Gotham expecting AzBats again but finds the real Batman instead and promptly gets his ass kicked. Plus the second one was drawn by John Romita, Jr. :up:

I'm not really a fan of the crossover (at least, their execution), but this thread has convinced me that a 'Batman w/ Donkey Kick Action' fig needs to be marketed.

Only if they pack his leg with a super-tight spring that allows his donkey kick action to launch grown men across the room.

Some of them are actually not too bad. The Punisher/Batman crossovers are actually neat. Azrael basically out-Punishers the Punisher in the first one, and then Frank comes back to Gotham expecting AzBats again but finds the real Batman instead and promptly gets his ass kicked. Plus the second one was drawn by John Romita, Jr. :up:
well that does sound kind of cool...I stand corrected.
I didn't see that one, but the ones I did read were fairly painful.
on a side note
Anyone remember Amalgam comics?
dark-claw-comics.jpg

Amalgam%201.jpg

I remember Dark Claw.
I was very young and thought it was very awesome.

I also really likes The Joker and Jigsaw's interactions. It highlighted The Joker's ability to manipulate the emotionally fragile into going almost as bonkers as he is.

Marvel vs. DC had it's ups an' downs like any other 90s event. The question of Hulk vs. Supes really comes down to immovable object meets irresistable force. I think the best way ta get a decisive story on the matter would be to hire an indie writer who loathes mainstream comics an' doesn't care about either character in the least, provide 'em with all the bio an' factual information they'd need, an' let 'em go to town. About as impartial as it gets.

As fer Amalgam, I enjoyed wave 1 very much. Wave 2 was 50/50 fer me. Dark Claw was KICKASS!

Sure is bad. That's one easy way you put someone out anytime. :o

Ya know, just a little defense of that story (that I never read), but with all that martial arts trainin' and his knowledge of body weak points, Bats could take down hulk. Certain areas, no matter how strong ya are, are always vulnerable.

Ya know, just a little defense of that story (that I never read), but with all that martial arts trainin' and his knowledge of body weak points, Bats could take down hulk. Certain areas, no matter how strong ya are, are always vulnerable.

Yes. But the fact that The Hulk is thousands of times stronger and faster than Batman could every hope to be, and has a healing factor that makes Wolverine look anemic, makes that less feasible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"