Why does Superman Always Beat The Marvel Heavy Hitters?

Because Superman is so much better than all of Marvel heavy hitters.

I can't comment on the underlying politics between the writers of DC and Marvel, but there sure seems to be some. In the 70s, Hulk was on a rampage and couldn't even knock Superman off his feet??? C'mon writers, even though our heros push the envelope when it comes to the various laws of our physical universe, they're still bound by them. That same decade, Superman fought Captain Marvel for hours before finally knocking him out. And that was after Captain Marvel knocked the man of steel around like a little girl a few times. You're telling me a being like the Hulk with potentially no limits to his strength can't knock Superman down? I won't even comment about Thor and Superman in JLA/Avengers crossover other than, "Ridiculous!!!". I mean, Thor has beaten Hercules, a marvel character, a few times. Doesn't Captain Marvel's strength come from Hercules??? Wouldn't that make Superman and Thor of about equal strength? So, is the man of steel always gratuitously victorious because Marvel charcters seem to be so much more popular? Somebody help me figure this one out???

1) Captain Marvel's main threat to Supes is his "SHAZAM!" Lightning Strike.
2) The Olympian Gods in the DCU are different than the ones in the MU. Some are stronger than others, some are weaker than others.

EDIT: I went back and read the pages...meh, people already mentioned what I said above briefly...but that just shows how obvious it is and how dumb this Supes bashing thread is. I'm a DC fan, but I can care less about Supes (not interested in him really)...but at the same time I'm not going to bash him.

well fundamentally i just think superman has more heart than the heavy hitters of marvel....

and heart always beats club.

the characters that have just as much heart as supes in marvel are a long way down on the power spectrum.

overall, it is much easier to see someone with heart taking a bout over someone without any and it is also a decent read...

well fundamentally i just think superman has more heart than the heavy hitters of marvel....

and heart always beats club.

the characters that have just as much heart as supes in marvel are a long way down on the power spectrum.

overall, it is much easier to see someone with heart taking a bout over someone without any and it is also a decent read...

Heart is overrated. People who hate the SHRA in Marvel would agree on some level.

And actually, tons of Marvel's heavy hitters lack heart at all. Or so some believe.

overrated?

heart is what makes captain america, a mere mortal, head of the greatest human fighting force on the face of the planet and NOTHING else :confused:

Heart.Is.Everthing.

overrated?

heart is what makes captain america, a mere mortal, head of the greatest human fighting force on the face of the planet and NOTHING else :confused:

Heart.Is.Everthing.

His heart sure in the hell didn't jump out of his chest and save him when the "heartless" (cue extreme exaggeration of the word in sarcastic fashion) Tony Stark beat the living hell out of him.

There's a point where power overthrows "heart" and effort. Or else everybody would just stomp on Galactus and the Hulk. Hell, Gladiator has tons of "heart" and he's the universe's whipping boy lately.

overrated?

Heart.Is.Everthing.

Yeah, nothing else, especially not tactical brilliance, not nigh-perfect fighting technique, nor super-soldier serum. :rolleyes:

Hell, Gladiator has tons of "heart" and he's the universe's whipping boy lately.

Yet another reason that I have been disliking Marvel lately. Marvel reminds me of this boy I knew in elementry school. Growing up I used to create these dumb superheroes(they were crude but I still loved them) and this boy would create Superheroes just to beat mine! Some were just direct rip offs of my own and then he'd create stick figure comics of his heroes beating mine for no reason and he would show them to me proudly.

Thats how I feel Marvel has been acting the past few years.....but heck I guess they have been doing that for decades(the Squadron Supreme) where every other comic you got these Marvel Staples beating up on DC ripoffs just to prove a point. The worst part is that Marvel Fanboys like to use this as ammo in debates.

I turned to DC pretty recently(after House of M which in my opinion sucked especially compared to Infinite Crisis. Before that I HEAVILY favored marvel and I HATED Superman.) and it took me a while to warm up to Supes believe it or not. I remember I only started liking Superman after reading KC which I originally bought just to see Captain Marvel beat up Superman (Thats how much I disliked Supes back then) and I hate it when Marvel Fanboys say that Superman is dumb and overpowered yet in the same breath they will rant about how "Insert Hero" is so much stronger etc.

When will it end? How come Marvel extremists hate Superman being powerful at all?

Come to think of it...that's one thing I hate about Marvel. Now, when I say hate I don't mean "hate"...but it's one of the things that makes me turn away from the Marvel Universe. What I'm talking about is the immense amount of heavy hitters; they have too many to count. I think DC is more balanced.

Course, could be cause I like the more human characters but still...I think there are too many cosmic, all powerful, heroes and villains and such in Marvel that it is a huge turn off. The only Marvel comic I collect is Daredevil. I like Spidey, but my bro collects that series. Also, whenever I'm curious I can glance at his X-Men stuff.

Because just like Tommy Morrison, no one is certain that he's HIV negative and they don't want to hit him hard enough to draw blood!

Because just like Tommy Morrison, no one is certain that he's HIV negative and they don't want to hit him hard enough to draw blood!

Awww poor guy. What are the scared they gonna catch the DC? Please, Marvel has been TRYING to for years! OOHHHHHHHHH snap I went there.:woot:

Tommy Gun FTW.

And actually, tons of Marvel's heavy hitters lack heart at all. Or so some believe.
Hulk, Thor, Hercules, and Cap are some of Marvel's heaviest hitters. All of them have a great amount of heart.

Come to think of it...that's one thing I hate about Marvel. Now, when I say hate I don't mean "hate"...but it's one of the things that makes me turn away from the Marvel Universe. What I'm talking about is the immense amount of heavy hitters; they have too many to count. I think DC is more balanced.

YES!! You have said something monumental! There is no one on this board that can name every single cosmic entities Marvel has.....nor the omega level mutants.....nor the Gods.....nor the just plain ovepowered characters. That really annoys me also. I'm not even counting the fact that nearly every Marvel Hero has been nigh-omnipotent so many times it makes me sick.:oldrazz:

Power sure,heart I doubt.
You don't sound partisan at all. Perhaps you'd have more fun at the DC boards.

Most of your above arguments against Marvel are equally applicable to both universes. I'm happy for you that you have a preference.

Because Superman is so much better than all of Marvel heavy hitters.

That`s right.Technically there is no Marvel hero or heroine who can truely stand up to him...and i dont want to hear people say the Sentry can.He`s a mock of Superman.

The answer to this topic is simple.
Superman is more popular than marvels heavy hitters.
Thor and Superman I can see going bacwards and forwards with defeating each other.
Sentry would demolish him depending on his mindset, but I doubt they'd ever write it that way.
Hulk also has a good chance, but I see Supes winning most of their fights.

But because Superman is most wanted by majority fans to win, he does.

And characters that actually are more popular than Superman in marvel, are nowhere near his level of power.
Thats my take on it.

The answer to this topic is simple.
Superman is more popular than marvels heavy hitters.

Just what I was about to say. This is the real reason. Popularity means everything. It's why Lobo lost to Wolverine in the crossover, and why Batman beat Hulk in a crossover a long while ago. The more popular said character is, the more that said character will win when battling other heros.

Sloth is absolutly correct.

But Lobo lost to Logan 'cause Lobo is a punk. A salad tossing punk.

And Batman would always beat the Hulk. Reason conquers all.

He's reached that level of being an icon and a symbol ,he isn't just a superhero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"