Did Superman really beat the Hulk?

I still have that Treasury Edition, and it reads fine... a nice tale during a simpler time in comics.

&^$&, fanboys have sure gotten more annoying over the years...

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

Or just more discerning. There are plenty of ways for Batman to take down the Hulk a bit more plausibly. Kicking him seems like lazy writing regardless of the time.

I'm sure batman has energy absorbing tech. Combine that with a keen psychological edge he could drain the hulk and or talk him down.

Ya know, just a little defense of that story (that I never read), but with all that martial arts trainin' and his knowledge of body weak points, Bats could take down hulk. Certain areas, no matter how strong ya are, are always vulnerable.

Yes just like the Inhuman Karnak with his 1 ton strength and his recognising the weakest spot power was able to do....hmm oh wait he was not able to phase him :rolleyes:

Hulk vs Superman is not really a battle because it could be witten in many ways. Just like against the Sentry, he can be demolished or he can just win depending on who the writer is and what the scenario demands. Hulk should not win against opponents who can displace him away from him but sometimes he does and that is the comic book universe. He also of course loses sometimes to justify a story such as getting strangled by a serpent.

Or just more discerning. There are plenty of ways for Batman to take down the Hulk a bit more plausibly. Kicking him seems like lazy writing regardless of the time.
maybe the writers just were not into the project. just kind of phoned it in.

Some of them are actually not too bad. The Punisher/Batman crossovers are actually neat. Azrael basically out-Punishers the Punisher in the first one, and then Frank comes back to Gotham expecting AzBats again but finds the real Batman instead and promptly gets his ass kicked. Plus the second one was drawn by John Romita, Jr. :up:
I just won that JRjr crossover on Ebay.I was like :wow: JRjr Batman and Joker!

Sweet. His art's not as refined back then, and the inker sometimes looks like he just scribbled shadows in, but it all works together to give the comic a really dark, gritty feel. It's drool-worthy. :up:

Did Superman really beat the Hulk in the Marvel versus DC crossover?

I ask this because technically I don't thinkthis question has really been answered.
In the 1970's or 80's Superman/Spiderman crossover Superman and the brute Hulk fought to a stand still.

earthcrossoverall13.jpg

In a later version somewhere 2005 or 06.Superman once again fought the brute Hulk and again it was a draw each one winning a victory over the other
38424372_9d5f5b4ae9_o.jpg

In the Marvelversus DC crossover Superman beat the Hulk but it was the professor Hulk not the brute Hulk not the "Hulk Smash!!!"Who in my opinion is the real Hulk.
It is the strongest version of the Hulk.
The professor Hulk is substantually weaker since Banner has some control.
In my opinion I think Marvel did this as a loop hole.

Dc-vs-marvel.jpg

So Superman VS.Hulk The real Hulk anyway.If so the answer has to be a stand still.If not then:

Superman Vs.Hulk

52577_90b7faaf86cb9459a3edb4feba650f38_rs_vw.jpg

The reality is this question has never really been answered.
OKAY WICH OUTCOME DO YOU GUYS THINK WAS BETTER?
Altough the comic were they square off was cool in the above comic.
Hulk vs.Superman.
I always felt the early 1970's or 80's crossover Superman/Spiderman II was more accurate since they kind of fought to a stand still.
Superman said "When I'm ready no force on earth can moveme" and Then Hulk said "That's okay because the madder I get the stronger I get".Which would have eventually lead to the entire universe callapsing in on itself.
I would like your guys opinion of which was the best portrial of the battles.Or maybe you feel it hasn't happened yet.If not how do you think it should go?

Say it ain't so 'Corp...this seems eerily reminiscient of the 500 page debacle that was "Strongest in the Marvel Universe" thread. It ended up being a "who can beat the Hulk" thread instead. Ah, the wonderful days of DACMAN.

I think Superman should take the Hulk.
I think after a while he would just get sick of the fight, or he would be to concerned about innocent bystanders and either grab hulk and fly him into space and leave him there, or he would belt him out of the atmosphere.
Now if Doomsday fought the hulk, we can only assume that those two would just rage and destroy everything in site for days on end.
Say it ain't so 'Corp...this seems eerily reminiscient of the 500 page debacle that was "Strongest in the Marvel Universe" thread. It ended up being a "who can beat the Hulk" thread instead. Ah, the wonderful days of DACMAN.
whatever happened to that thread? I used to go in there and just marvel at the fanboy froth he made.

This thread's been pretty normal so far. If all vs. threads were like this, I probably wouldn't spew bile every time I see one.

I think after a while he would just get sick of the fight, or he would be to concerned about innocent bystanders and either grab hulk and fly him into space and leave him there, or he would belt him out of the atmosphere.
Now if Doomsday fought the hulk, we can only assume that those two would just rage and destroy everything in site for days on end.

whatever happened to that thread? I used to go in there and just marvel at the fanboy froth he made.

Probably worked himself up into a heart attack inducing frenzy. That or his computer crashed because of all the massive Hulk page scans he was trying to download.

Probably worked himself up into a heart attack inducing frenzy. That or his computer crashed because of all the massive Hulk page scans he was trying to download.
lol sad but true.
So not to be that guy...but which superman are we talking about here. pre-crisis planet mover, or post-crisis breaks a sweat mountain mover?

Superman's been gaining power again lately. I don't think he'll move planets anytime soon, but he's basically the strongest guy in the DC universe at this point. It kind of sucks.

Actually, he is a planet mover at this point. Strongest in the DC? I don't know. We still haven't seen exactly what Morrison is doing with the resurrection New Gods yet. After the last showing of Orion and Darksied, they pretty much dwarfed Supes. Course that could have changed...

Superman's been gaining power again lately. I don't think he'll move planets anytime soon, but he's basically the strongest guy in the DC universe at this point. It kind of sucks.
i've been noticing that a little too. I only read Action as far as super books go, but I've seen a change in the last couple of years. I was just wondering if we were doing away with space and time here and just saying the hulkliest hulk vs the most powerful sun blowing out superman or as they are now.

Well, this was circa 1981 (pre-Batman can defeat God :whatever: ), and the Joker convinces the Hulk that they are buddies (on account they coth have green hair :woot: ) and lashes him out on Batman... after a few dodges from Hulk's big smashing hands, Bats throws a bunch of gas pellets while he's down (of course, he places a gas filter in his mouth), and the Hulk claims that "Bat-Man thinks Hulk too dumb, but Hulk can hold his breath" and takes in a bunch of air... at the same time, Batman, crouched down in a doggy style position, mule kicks the Hulk in his gut, making him take a breath and rendering him semi-unconcious enough to turn him back into Bruce Banner.

A typical kick would not have had much effect, but if you can picture Bats on all fours, and donkey kicks out, if would have had some kind of impact...

:yay:

a donkey kck from all 4s from Thor or Supes yes BUT a NORMAL Human being? AHHHH NOOO! I love Batman BUT Hulk is Hulk!!! Just like those poorly veiled Hulk fanboy written battles in WWH that Batman vs Hulk fight is just poorly veiled Batman fanboy written fight!

a donkey kck from all 4s from Thor or Supes yes BUT a NORMAL Human being? AHHHH NOOO! I love Batman BUT Hulk is Hulk!!! Just like those poorly veiled Hulk fanboy written battles in WWH that Batman vs Hulk fight is just poorly veiled Batman fanboy written fight!
very possible, but on the plus side it gives us something to talk about here.
Plus it steams the pants off the hulkboys, and that is always amusing.

Isn't that how it should be? :confused:
I don't think the strongest guy in the universe should be a protagonist with his own title. Superheroes occasionally need villains to be just a bit stronger to pose a threat. Magic, Kryptonite, and telepathy get a bit old if they're the only things you can throw at Supes. Sometimes you need a guy like Doomsday, who can just physically outclass him.

I don't think the strongest guy in the universe should be a protagonist with his own title. Superheroes occasionally need villains to be just a bit stronger to pose a threat. Magic, Kryptonite, and telepathy get a bit old if they're the only things you can throw at Supes. Sometimes you need a guy like Doomsday, who can just physically outclass him.

Or you could just have stories where brute strength doesn't solve every problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"