Did Superman really beat the Hulk?

Did Superman really beat the Hulk in the Marvel versus DC crossover?

I ask this because technically I don't thinkthis question has really been answered.
In the 1970's or 80's Superman/Spiderman crossover Superman and the brute Hulk fought to a stand still.

earthcrossoverall13.jpg

In a later version somewhere 2005 or 06.Superman once again fought the brute Hulk and again it was a draw each one winning a victory over the other
38424372_9d5f5b4ae9_o.jpg

In the Marvelversus DC crossover Superman beat the Hulk but it was the professor Hulk not the brute Hulk not the "Hulk Smash!!!"Who in my opinion is the real Hulk.
It is the strongest version of the Hulk.
The professor Hulk is substantually weaker since Banner has some control.
In my opinion I think Marvel did this as a loop hole.

Dc-vs-marvel.jpg

So Superman VS.Hulk The real Hulk anyway.If so the answer has to be a stand still.If not then:

Superman Vs.Hulk

52577_90b7faaf86cb9459a3edb4feba650f38_rs_vw.jpg

The reality is this question has never really been answered.

OKAY WICH OUTCOME DO YOU GUYS THINK WAS BETTER?
Altough the comic were they square off was cool in the above comic.
Hulk vs.Superman.
I always felt the early 1970's or 80's crossover Superman/Spiderman II was more accurate since they kind of fought to a stand still.
Superman said "When I'm ready no force on earth can moveme" and Then Hulk said "That's okay because the madder I get the stronger I get".Which would have eventually lead to the entire universe callapsing in on itself.
I would like your guys opinion of which was the best portrial of the battles.Or maybe you feel it hasn't happened yet.If not how do you think it should go?

Just for the record in "Superman/Spiderman II", Superman's strategy was to tire out the Hulk, so he let him pound on him. Although they made it seem like the end of the battle "was in doubt", after Superman eliminated the annoying drone that was used by Doctor Doom to make Hulk angry, the Hulk admitted that he was too tired to continue the battle, therefore Superman actually won that conflict. As for the second match, I seriously doubt that Superman would have lost even if the match weren't decided by popular vote.

The three Superman victories on the official comic crossovers are a tribute to the fan base and the heroism of Superman and don't explore the real potential of either character. For an idea of what would happen you must look at the Marvel equivalent to Superman, Sentry. He has super speed, flight, shoots energy from his eyes and hands, and flies at light speed and has "the power of a million suns." He's taken on Galactus toe to toe and has survived in the middle of the sun. Here's what happened when Hulk fought Sentry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKYkMRG4mj8

Last edited:
Here you can see Hulk deflecting Nightcrawler's sonic boom, which destroys everything in Nightcrawler's cosmos. Although since this was a deflection of Nightcrawler's power I will say, considering Newton's 3'rd law of motion- that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, the destruction of the cosmos is only half attributable to Hulk. Hulk's power had to exceed Nightcrawler's to deflect it, and then the outgoing force exceeded the original (a combination of both), which destroyed Nightcrawler's cosmos. Still, enough force to destroy half a universe says something MAJOR, and this is a damn good argument for Hulk not to lose to Superman.
Hulk_nightcrawler_2.jpg

Hulk_nightcrawler_3.jpg

Now I've already mentioned Hulk's fight with Sentry, the closest Superman equivalent in the Marvel universe, but Sentry is not the only one with similarities to Superman. The Gladiator is arguably very close. In fact Gladiator's name, Kallark, is a combination of Superman's Kryptonian and human names: Kal-El and Clark Kent. Just look up his powers and some of his feats. According to Wiki: Gladiator possesses a number of superhuman capabilities as a result of his unique alien physiology including superhuman strength (capable of shattering a planet),[10] superhuman speed, stamina and durability (capable of withstanding an explosion equivalent to a supernova);[40]reflexes; heat vision (stated as "hotter than a star");[41] frost breath[42] and is capable of warp speed flight (measured as "a hundred times thespeed of light").[40] Gladiator's abilities increase and decrease in accordance with his level of confidence[43] and he is vulnerable to a certain form of rare radiation.

Here we see Hulk not only defeating Gladiator, but thrashing him without using his radiation weakness, but with plans on using radiation to finish him off. I'm sorry, this creature with this ability to defeat Sentry and Gladiator (the Hulk), is not falling with ease to Superman. These are good arguments that Hulk could beat him, although I'm only arguing that Hulk and Superman share victories, some to Kal, and some to Banner.

3342690-gladiator..jpg

Further evidence that Hulk is not someone to be trifled with, that Superman would be in the fight for his life. As I stated, in issue 450 Dr. Strange surmises that Hulk absorbs enough energy to destroy himself and take the entire universe, EVERY DIMENSION, with it. There is no limit to the power that the hulk can receive (except that which takes EVERYTHING out). Again, the proof is in the pudding so here you go.
2998022-5762557368-29795.jpg

Here is how Hulk feels about super speed
2057551-1678238_hulk_vs_qs_super.jpg

And here you see that modern incarnations of Hulk have him with super speed of his own (in case it's hard to tell the blur in the upper left pane is Hulk at super speed)
Hulk_has_superspeed_2.jpg

And here you see that modern incarnations of Hulk have him with super speed of his own (in case it's hard to tell the blur in the upper left pane is Hulk at super speed)

Not saying the Hulk isn't fast but Superman has raced and kept up with the Flash (aka the guy who can run faster then the speed of light). The Hulk's no where remotely in that league, he would be hit a couple of thousand times from a guy who as strong as him (if not stronger) before he could even react. Also Superman's much smarter than vast majority of versions of the Hulk that are out there.

Superman's an alien. Close thread.

I've heard all of the arguments about Superman and Hulk's various powers and limitations, but a clash wouldn't come down to those. They can both regenerate/absorb punishment to the point of being nearly immortal. A fight between the two should logically go for hours or days.

In the end, Superman's personality would cause him to lose. He would try to keep being the hero to those around him. No matter what version of the Hulk weren't talking about, he has a dark side that would grow more vicious and less concerned about the anything other than his opponent. That would be Superman's downfall.

My God, Man.
I would have thought that a logical answer, plus one that doesn't insult fanboys of either character would be impossible.

And you manage to do it in a couple of short paragraphs.

Nicely done.

Has the "he will just throw Hulk into the Sun" cliche happen yet?

Not saying the Hulk isn't fast but Superman has raced and kept up with the Flash (aka the guy who can run faster then the speed of light). The Hulk's no where remotely in that league, he would be hit a couple of thousand times from a guy who as strong as him (if not stronger) before he could even react. Also Superman's much smarter than vast majority of versions of the Hulk that are out there.

I've already addressed all of that, Sentry and Gladiator are both faster than Superman and Hulk beat them both. Both Sentry and Gladiator have strength feats that are comparable to Superman. These arguments meant diddly squat when they tried to face the Hulk because in the end no matter how many powers someons has Hulk eventually increases past that point. If Superman couldn't be taken down then Doomsday shouldn't have been a character intended by DC. And while Doomsday didn't actually kill Superman the difference here is that Hulk wouldn't have had a strength stopping point and would have eventually bested Doomsday's strength and that regenerative rest would have instead ended up a death for Superman IMO.

My God, Man.
I would have thought that a logical answer, plus one that doesn't insult fanboys of either character would be impossible.

And you manage to do it in a couple of short paragraphs.

Nicely done.

Has the "he will just throw Hulk into the Sun" cliche happen yet?

You know whenever someone brings that up I simply bring up the fact that Hulk can not only survive in space but he also survived a supernova. If Superman threw Hulk into the sun then he just executed all of man because this wouldn't kill Hulk but what it would do is with the superheat cause super anger and strength beyond recognition. I've already posted a picture of Hulk's handclap taking out an entire universe. If he could do that he could destroy multiple suns with his handclap. Throwing Hulk into the sun would be the equivalent of executing the entire population of earth, and also not a smart move for Superman because then there is nothing to recharge him.

I'm sure batman has energy absorbing tech. Combine that with a keen psychological edge he could drain the hulk and or talk him down.
This is how Stark brought the Hulk down, with a satellite that shot a beam that zapped the gamma rays away. This happened right after Hulk beat Sentry (one of the Superman equivalents) and was about to destroy the earth in worldbreaker mode. This would be the only way Batman, Superman, or anyone could take Hulk down. Problem is he can instantly transform back into Hulk because he absorbs gamma rays constantly so even if you zap out all the gamma if you don't keep the beam going it does no good.

H6Tx0VU.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Got these out of storage.

Last edited:

Hey Sox, what issue is that bottom clip from?

I've already addressed all of that, Sentry and Gladiator are both faster than Superman and Hulk beat them both. Both Sentry and Gladiator have strength feats that are comparable to Superman. These arguments meant diddly squat when they tried to face the Hulk because in the end no matter how many powers someons has Hulk eventually increases past that point. If Superman couldn't be taken down then Doomsday shouldn't have been a character intended by DC. And while Doomsday didn't actually kill Superman the difference here is that Hulk wouldn't have had a strength stopping point and would have eventually bested Doomsday's strength and that regenerative rest would have instead ended up a death for Superman IMO.
You see, that's the problem, Marvel writers are very one-sided when it comes to this character, Hulk may be taken down once by a not so amazing threat and then the next second defeat somebody vastly superior to him just because: "LOL he's the Hulk, Hulk Smash". Doomsday's very much like the Hulk as he too gets stronger into the fight, yet nowadays Superman can handle him without having to die.

Superman easily beat Hulk in Marvel vs DC. Put a whoopin on his ass.

Superman, Sentry, Gladiator... all those guys should be able to easily defeat Hulk. They all are so fast they could just grab him and fling him into space before he could even react. Unless the writer decides to give Hulk faster than light reactions for some silly reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"