Die Hard 6

I haven't even seen the movie, but from what I'm hearing, I'm not sure another Die Hard is even a good idea. I'll withhold my final opinion until after I've seen the latest movie, but this series might be done.

Some of your suggestion would be a good start for getting the series back on track, though.

Die Hard 4 didn't make you think that? Man this movie must be terrible.

I think every DH sequel except With a Vengeance can be classified as misguided. :o

Must-haves:

1. Single location, a la Die Hard and Die Hard 2
5. The villain doesn't take Mclane seriously
6. Clever villain deaths

I think these three would certainly be good touchstones to start off with, the McClane banter with the villain is important and totally missing for DH5.

7. Action sequences should be edge-of-your seat, but should not make Mclane superhuman

He's pretty much performed superhuman acts in all the movies.

Would-be-cool-to-haves

1. Holly Mclane back
2. Lucy Mclane back

John reuniting with Holly at the end would be a nice way to finish things off.

I think Die Hard 4 was FUN but misguided.

Die Hard 4 was good. Best reviewed in the entire series, too. Critics and the General Audience/Fans loved the heck out of it. The Unrated version is the way to go.

Should've left it at 4. 5 is way too many...way too many times for this guy to have gotten mixed up with some bad guys.

John reuniting with Holly at the end would be a nice way to finish things off.
Indeed. I refuse to accept a Die Hard movie as a "final" Die Hard movie until Holly McClane appears. I actually think it could be nice to have just one scene with the whole McClane family together, but that might be pushing it.

Indeed. I refuse to accept a Die Hard movie as a "final" Die Hard movie until Holly McClane appears. I actually think it could be nice to have just one scene with the whole McClane family together, but that might be pushing it.

Setting it during Christmas would certainly help with getting that done. At least it would make sense that way

Here's what I think will happen.

Mac Guy and John's daughter are getting married. That will bring back all the old cast members including Holly and John's son. Then Gruber's Son hijacks everyone and it's up to John and family to stop him. Seems like something a hollywood hack writer might cook up. :)

I never liked how John McClane is a NYC cop... but he's only in NYC in 1 of 5 movies. He's constantly taking action outside of his jurisdiction lol

1. Keep Marco Beltrami, he's just gotten into the "Die Hard" feel I think
2. Hire a good writer
3. Don't try to follow trends and get a script marketable to the youngsters
4. Hire a good director, who's no yes man, who has the balls to stand up to Bruce Willis and question his take
5. Don't push the movie into production once you've got the very first draft; that's how "A Good Day to Die Hard" felt. Many ideas you could've used to make a great movie, none of them used well. Like they didn't bother working things out once they had gotten the main points of the plot. The plot itself wasn't all that shabby. But they didn't bother to work it out to a proper script.
6. Would it be too much to at least consult with ANYONE from the creative team involved in the first three pictures?
7. How about starting by hiring a good producer? This last movie, which was greenlit under the Tom Rotham regime by the way, was produced by someone who was once the worst exec on the Fox lot.

Last edited:
Setting it during Christmas would certainly help with getting that done. At least it would make sense that way
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - like John is invited to have Christmas dinner with the family at the end or something.

How about he witness a crime boss killing someone and the mafia is trying to kill him so he doesn't testify.Or you can have his daughter witness it.

Would be a bit anticlimatic, wouldn't it? After all the **** he's been through.

The entire mob, then..... Still doesn't convince me. Especially with them being after him because he or his daughter have seen a murder. What could be a good starting point, however, would be him investigating on something seemingly simple, which spirales out of control. But I'm still not convinced.

I'm going to go into A Good Day to Die Hard pretending that the non McTiernan directed Die Hards are actually movies within the Die Hard universe based on McClane with the real McClane sitting at a desk job playing solitaire counting down the days until retirement, where he'll go on an epic fishing trip with Al and Zeus on an awesome new boat he bought from the royalty checks he gets from the Die Hard films.

That also means there's a world where Die Hard 2 is appreciated for the unabashed action masterpiece that it is.

As for the sixth. It's been my childhood dream to have McClane in a single location, systematically having to take out terrorists played by other action stars, led by Arnold Schwarzenegger as the third Gruber brother. It brings the series themes full circle by actually having John McClane, the blue collar every man having to use his wits going up against the Ubermensch action stars he was conceived as a counterweight to in the first place.

Last edited:
What about him and his whole family is on vacation and they find buried treasure that some pirates(guys with guns)want.

How about he is retired,but works as a security guard working the graveyard shift in a museum.Then this group of people break in trying to steal a valuable artifact.

How about he reunites with his wife and she suffers a stroke and it becomes "Amour"?

How about he partners up with Ashton Kutcher and they both fight Demi Moore?

DIE HARD FOREVER

Plot: John McClane's ex partner Joe Leland is destroying his good name in media, kidnaps his family and friend in a high story skyscraper with some of the toughest mercs guarding them. It's up to McClane to Die Hard Forever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"