Arrow Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic (?) :woot: :

First Poster For THE SCRIBBLER Starring ARROW's Katie Cassidy

Are you intrigued by the idea of a graphic novel adaptation which features actresses beating the bejesus out of each other and stars Katie Cassidy (Arrow), Eliza Dushku, Gina Gershon, Michael Imperioli, Billy Campbell, Michelle Trachtenberg, and Sasha Grey?
xnma.jpg

According to Stephen Amell, episode 7 will focus on Dinah Laurel.

Quick, someone post the Darth Vader "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" pic.

With as much flashbacks as this show does, it would be nice to get a flashback pre boat going under to when everyone was "happy" since we haven't seen Happy Laurel since the series began.

Ok so this ep made clear that Laurel thinks Moira will be convicted and sentenced to death. She got her boss to offer life after joining the case. I am sure people will still say she did wrong though.

Ok so this ep made clear that Laurel thinks Moira will be convicted and sentenced to death. She got her boss to offer life after joining the case. I am sure people will still say she did wrong though.

There will always be some "sin" she is yet to commit.

Can't wait to see what next:sleepy:

Actually, I didn't hate her in this episode. I like that she was actually trying to HELP Moira in her own way, and her scenes with Quentin and Oliver were actually pretty good. She also seems to finally be recognizing her own problems, so that's an improvement as well. I can't wait until she finds out about Sara.

I hope they bump off Sara and send Felicity to the Flash with Barry Allen. The hatred for Laurel/KC by Ryder and the rest of the Olicity nuts I have seen since I started watching back in August is insane.

I dont even like Oliver/Felicity in a romance way, you are just looking for excuses to dismiss valid opinions:whatever:. There are lots of people out there who dont pair Oliver/Felicity but truthfully dislike Katie Cassidy's acting or lack of. The negativity concerning her terrible acting has become widespread and more common now, lots of fans are growing restless about her not growing or improving as an actress. Believe it or not I have always been trying to spare the character and actress from some of the venomous comments and opinions she is getting now, all I have been saying all along is coming true, face the truth, you can no longer deny it, nor the show and I would hope the actress is at least self aware about this too, she sucks at this job and needs to find a new career.
The "worst" for her has happened, It came as no surprise of course, Caity Lotz outclassed Katie Cassidy in every way possible. She did in 2 episodes what Katie Cassidy could not do in a 26 episodes, how humuliating it must be. Its harsh but it is the damn truth. The worst actually for her maybe coming, Caity could potentially replace Katie and her booted off the show. Many fans have been saying for a while and still are that there need to be changes. The problem is the show and the actress have done nothing to improve her potrayal, this is the consequences of pretending everything is fine and nothing is wrong, like you are doing now regnak.

At this point, I just want the character gone.

Videos of Caity Lotz break dancing doesnt help :(

;)

I like how certain people blame Olicity for the fact the people don't like Laurel, conveniently ignoring the fact that Laurel wasn't particularly liked even before Felicity first appeared on the show.

Man, it's like Laurel wants to intentionally burn every bridge she has. If we weren't following TV logic, she would have already recused herself from the case. But no, she has to go after Ollie's Mom, and do it viciously as well. You know, if you don't want to do it, you have a choice. But the writers looove the drama.

I thought this was her best episode actually. She did a good job, but still lost, which is going to make her hate her life even more.

Mid season finale = Laurel dies/has a breakdown/kills someone.. calling it now.

I agree that it's one of the better Episodes and fleshes her out a bit, but I still think it was utterly stupid for her to stay on the case. What kind of person would try to prosecute their best friend's mother?

^ that would be cool. Is something wrong with Katie Cassidy? She Seems super thin right now.

I agree that it's one of the better Episodes and fleshes her out a bit, but I still think it was utterly stupid for her to stay on the case. What kind of person would try to prosecute their best friend's mother?

I get that.. I think she felt like it was better her than anyone else though, like she went to the prison to tell Moira she didn't wanna have to use her evidence and stuff.

I genuinely think the writers are writing Laurel to make people dislike her. Why? I have no clue, but if the fans start hating a character they are supposed to love, then a clever writer would write scenes to endear them to you. They seem to be putting Laurel in situations where people are just going to dislike her more.

Either they're heavily failing with the way they are writing for her or this is intentional. Because, yeah she's a bad actress, but continuosly putting her against the MAIN GUY and his family is just gonna get her hated.

^ that would be cool. Is something wrong with Katie Cassidy? She Seems super thin right now.

I haven't noticed it before. Because honestly, I just constantly sigh and roll my eyes whenever Laurel is on. But yeah, she seems awfully thin in the face. I know we all rag on the character, but I really hope Cassidy isn't letting the complaints get to her. That's the last thing I want, to make an actor feel bad.

^ well her appearance has changed thoughtout the first season. First she was all hot and what not, then her face started getting puffy and round (think I might have read she was using Botox, which would explain the puffiness) and now her face is really gaunt.

Does she look the same out of the show?

Maybe it's just makeup and things, to show that Laurel isn't doing too good right now? I mean every single episode someone asks her if she's feeling okay.

If I was Katie Cassidy, I'd be pissed that my character has pretty much become useless on this show now. I don't know what the writers are doing, but they haven't fixed what they admitted was a problem with her character last season.

It's been 29 episodes, it should not take that long to make a lead character be relevant to the plot.

A downward spiral/redemption arc only works when people care about the character in the first place. Making people hate her even more isn't going to make people suddenly like her when she decides to do something.

If I was Katie Cassidy, I'd be pissed that my character has pretty much become useless on this show now. I don't know what the writers are doing, but they haven't fixed what they admitted was a problem with her character last season.

It's been 29 episodes, it should not take that long to make a lead character be relevant to the plot.

A downward spiral/redemption arc only works when people care about the character in the first place. Making people hate her even more isn't going to make people suddenly like her when she decides to do something.

Have to agree on this one here. They had a season and a half to move her forward towards becoming Black Canary. Last year, she was an attorney. This year, she's still an attoney.

The writers aren't doing a good job with Dinah Laurel compared to the other characters.

She is probably just happy enough to be getting a constant paycheck. But she is probably bored as hell reading those scripts. I can only imagine what is going on in her mind when she sees/reads an actress coming in to player her sister and get everything her character was suppose to get.

Have to agree on this one here. They had a season and a half to move her forward towards becoming Black Canary. Last year, she was an attorney. This year, she's still an attoney.

The writers aren't doing a good job with Dinah Laurel compared to the other characters.

And at least in Season 1, she tried to make a difference. Fight for the people that couldn't fight for themselves. Working with the hood. Now she may be working for the DA's office, but what has she actually done till now? Leading a manhunt against the hood, trying to get Ollie's mom on death row.

They manage to do something useful with literally every other character on the show, but Laurel is just staying behind, and they keep making her more and more unlikable.

They manage to do something useful with literally every other character on the show, but Laurel is just staying behind, and they keep making her more and more unlikable.
Yep, they admitted that she was too far removed from the main plot last season, so this season she's so far removed from the main plot it feels like she's on a different show. I don't understand the logic in that.

Last edited:
Yep, they admitted that she was too far removed from the main plot last season, so this season they decided to put her on a completely different show. I don't understand the logic in that.

Is she going to be moving to The Flash?

But one thing that bugged me was the entire Laurel prosecuting situation. Not only did it seem foolish that she would agree to do it, there's NO friggin way a DA would have her on the case to begin with! And they certainly wouldn't have her take lead once the other prosecutor was abducted.

Now, I haven't disliked Laurel as much as some people seem to around here. In S1 I didn't really mind her at all. However, she has definitely had the least amount of significant development. She's basically stayed as "Ollie's true love" despite the writers not showing us why she is. She just hasn't been given a lot to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"