Dinah Laurel Lance/Katie Cassidy Thread

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Primal Slayer, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan Registered

Even Thea grew as a character, and Roy helped her to deal with the anger inside her. That's stuff I wanted to see for Laurel, but more focused, to be someone that vents her anger and frustration in the gym. So you can actually see she has the stuff to be an ass kicker. But no, the writers have her **** up every way possible, and drown her sorrow in booze.

2. Coconut1214 Registered

I meant it feels like she's on a different show. But maybe they should move her to Flash. So she can start over in a new city.

3. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I wouldn't be surprised if that was to happen if Dinah Laurel leaves Starling City for Central City.

4. Justin Registered

They completely re-tooled Thea... 6 months later and she's running her bar, in an adult relationship and acting like it, having realistic human emotions about her mother, has less screen time, the actress is maximising the time she does get. Thea was already growing on people at the end of S1 if i remember right, and now it's cool to see her learn to fight etc..

Laurel, I dunno.. it's like the writers wrote her into a hole and she's not a good enough actress to get out of it. As others have said, you can only pull off a downward spiral/despair storyline with a character that people actually care for. Like if Felicity started popping pills and things, that would work.

TL;DR they wrote Thea to be more likable, and wrote Laurel to be less likable. And Thea's actress is better than KC.

5. Boy Scout Registered

I thought they did well with Laurel in State v. Queen.

6. Nathan Registered

The problem is that when they give her stuff to do, like in this episode, it's just to make people dislike her more. At some point, people will wonder why she is even there, when she is causing nothing but trouble. Laurel really is lacking a lot of purpose this season. Everything she does causes her to spiral even more, and to drift completely apart from every friendly person on the show.

7. Boy Scout Registered

Eh. I don't have enough energy to hate her right now. As long as she doesn't make the show actively worse by instigating pointless angst or melodrama (or by becoming the Black Canary), I don't give a **** what happens to her or what she does.

8. kane9321 oakland's finest

I just want her to die...can I get that

9. Coconut1214 Registered

She was useless and didn't do or add anything to the show. If they removed her the episode wouldn't have missed a beat.

10. Human Torch Registered

I'm one of the few that actually liked her going after Arrow in the beginning of the season.It's the most purpose she's had in the entire series (even if the motivations were half *****).Everything else they've had her do so far,is either nonsensical (trying to send Moira to the chair) or grating (pills N booze).

11. regnak Registered

Supposedly all of the current story arcs which would include Laurel's should be over by the mid season break. I say supposedly because there is a 3 part interview with one of the show runners on You Tube that it has reportedly been said in. I say reportedly because I don't feel like watching a 30 minute interview just to confirm that one thing. And new story arcs are supposedly to begin.

12. Ryder Registered

TRUE STORY:applaud

#112 Ryder, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  13. DrRocket Registered

Also there have been rumours of her not getting along with the cast, might be true or it's just rumors

14. geetard Rebirth

Is it just me, or there's something with Katie's face in the latest episode? During the court break scene when she talks with Ollie, I just couldn't stop noticing she had no weight in her facial structure (skinny). Her face was "more full" in previous episodes and in S01 for that matter.

15. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I thought the same thing.

16. DrRocket Registered

^ yeah, she is getting really thin.

17. qcore Registered

I think they should completely remove her off the show and I wouldn't care a single bit.

18. DrRocket Registered

So after watching a few Katie videos, I can say I actually like the actress, she seems cool but with that said I still hate laurel.

19. regnak Registered

That means that it is a writing problem, which can be corrected.

20. Nathan Registered

I still think it's partially an actress problem too. When you notice that she has basically only 3 expressions, I think that's a problem.

21. DrRocket Registered

Well, all she needs to do is play like her character on supernatural, which was a badass

22. regnak Registered

Maybe that is what the breakdown is leading to, everyone who is a vigilante on this show is somewhat crazy. Maybe they think she needs to get some crazy in her before their plans for Laurel are implemented.

23. DrRocket Registered

^ but let's not forget she still needs to be trained and that is one of the biggest roadblocks, if she is to become Oliver equal and or superior she needs to train for at least 3 solid years, all out.

With that said, she needs an attitude change I think. Not cryface, not whinny but cool, fearless and ozzing awesomeness. If her attitude was more akin to ruby I'm on board. All can be done by just telling Katie to play a character like ruby.

24. Nathan Registered

Eh, from what I've seen, she always came across like a b***h. There are different levels of badass. And her Supernatural characters was on the nasty side, because she was supposed to play a demon that doesn't take crap from people.

25. The Valeyard Registered

I hope they re-cast Laurel for S3. It's their best bet.

Cassidy was simply miscast in the role. She doesn't have the range for a role like this. Not that acting is a big deal on the CW, but even by the low standards of the network.. her performance is still bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.