Discussion: Gay Rights XVI - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when people say they "tolerate" gays. It sounds so condescending and ignorant.

I'm sure the KKK would say they "tolerate" black people as well.

Think of this definition of tolerate before you use that word to describe how you feel about a group of people:

-accept or endure (someone or something unpleasant or disliked) with forbearance.

By saying you tolerate someone, you're plainly saying that what they are or what they do is unpleasant, disliked, bad, etc.

Using the word tolerate to talk about gays is just rude.

The constitution needs an amendment saying that no religion has a right to supersede or suppress another citizen's rights.

Religion shouldn't be the only thing protected from interference. How bout we protect people in general from archaic laws and ideas telling them who they can love, date, and marry.

The constitution needs an amendment saying that no religion has a right to supersede or suppress another citizen's rights.

Religion shouldn't be the only thing protected from interference. How bout we protect people in general from archaic laws and ideas telling them who they can love, date, and marry.

You can't do that. That would mean that people wouldn't be able to oppress, ridicule or commit violence against others for any reason that they could hide behind. :o

It's inevitable this happens whenever you have a belief system so much focussed on male primacy. Like Craster's Keep in ASOIAF.

I guess at the Family Research Council, all the actual research is done in the dark with cold, clammy hands.

Fairly accurate.

Fairly accurate.

For all the boobies on that show, it's one of the best lessons for men as to why feminism has generally benefitted more people than traditional patriarchy has.

Even beyond their anti-gay shtick, I've always found their rules/guidelines for the daughters kind of appalling. "Always dress modestly! No kissing or hugging before you're married! Chaperones at all times! But once you're married, GIVE HIM AS MANY BABIES AS HE WANTS IN RAPID SUCCESSION! NO BIRTH CONTROL!!!!"

Don't you dare have a dirty thought in your head or fool around before marriage if you're a woman but if a boy knocks up a girl then 'boys will be boys' while the girl is a ****e. :whatever:

I have spent the better part of my life proudly being a ****e haha

Ah, I get it, all those times you keep posting in the lounge saying "Great day at work, I made X number of dollars" makes more sense now. :ninja:

200x200px-ZC-e6faa2e5_OhSnapBlackKid7478154.gif

Gay marriage being legalized in Ireland of all places is a pretty big deal.

Indeed. First country by popular vote, too.

It might be a bit early to say this, but congratulations Ireland nonetheless.

BTW, if I ever get married, this is what I want at the wedding.

So now Northern Ireland is the only place in the British isles to not have Gay Marriage. Awkward.

It's especially momentous as Ireland was the last Western country to decriminalize homosexuality in 1993.

I bet the Catholic Church is having a coniption fit over Ireland. I wonder if the Pope will excommunicate the whole country?:funny:

This bit:

Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends,” Josh, 27, says in the statement. “I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life.”

Don't you just love how it's all about him and his life being ruined and not the kid's lives that he ruined?

Last edited:
Don't you just love how it's all about him and his life being ruined and not the kid's lives that he ruined?

Those weren't kids, those were girls, who were put on Earth by the Duggars' false god to serve the men in their family, so really, no harm could possibly come to them. Since in their culture women and girls are inferior, and since their bodies are not their own but are property of magical sky-Zeus, molesting them is basically the same level of wrong as Jason Biggs screwing that apple pie. It all makes sense in a twisted way.

Plane tickets from London to Ireland on Friday night sold out. So many people going back to Ireland just to vote on Same Sex marriage. Hoizer left the Ivor Novella awards in London to go back to Ireland and vote.
I bet the Catholic Church is having a coniption fit over Ireland. I wonder if the Pope will excommunicate the whole country?:funny:

They have lost in a few of countries with a strong Catholic presence now with Spain, Argentina and Ireland.

Last edited:
58% of the Republic didn't vote tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back