Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

73142481007-getty-images-1471877555.jpg

Thats how crazy things are.
The Group that goes "You should be shot and killed" tries to claim the group that goes "We want your child to be their best self and follow their dreams, be happy etc" is the evil of the two...and somehow finds people that agree with that.

All this, especially the Transgender hate currently going, boils down to One group going "We want you to be happy whoever you are" and the other going "I want to actively harm you and end your life because you are not a human to me that deserves to live."

Hate crimes are totally okay if you have enough money and the target of your hate is an acceptable minority.

Budlight took one for the (business) team and inocculated others from the boycott virus going around conservative circles.

I'd say that was Target rather than Bud Light.

Bud Light - well, according to articles - was a brand that leaned heavily conservative. The sales started to drop, so the company wanted to expand its demographic - leading to the right becoming snowflakes and there weren't as many liberals interested as initially hoped for.

That is to say - the only reason Bud Light was hit was because its demographic always leaned conservative and sales were already in decline.

Target on the other hand - initially caved in to conservatives, were then met with double the backlash; meanwhile other companies didn't cave into being targeted, such as Walmart, and saw profits increase over pride month.

Basically - they can only impact companies or products that already have a conservative bent (which isn't many, ergo why 99% of their boycotts fail).

Adding: article goes into Bud Light being a conservative brand that got hit because - it was a conservative brand. Many other articles went into this, but this was the easiest I could find.

Last edited:

Meanwhile this man, Mark Kern, has been attempting to harass non-straight, non-white, and non-male video game developers (and characters) out of that industry.

GKZovcuXkAA7Dsz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"