Discussion: Gay Rights XVI - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's never wise to question a judge's authority. That's a quick way to jail, and judges can extend jail sentences so this could get much worse for her. And the longer she sets in county the more her chances of an ass beating increase. She is naive and playing with fire.

She needs to just quit. I mean for ****s sake the law doesn't bend to her will or her beliefs. And she sure as **** isn't entitled to my tax dollars.

I'm not one for petitions but I'd sign a petition at change.org to get this ***** removed from her position.

Kim Davis Won't Resign, Plans to Appeal Contempt Ruling

1416041384182124434.jpg

http://gawker.com/kim-davis-wont-resign-plans-to-appeal-contempt-ruling-1728812528

How delusional is her lawyer?

As much as I believe that jailing her is excessive, this lady makes it really, really, really hard to defend that position.

Oregon Judge Refuses To Perform Same-Sex Marriages

The judge says marrying gay couples would violate his religious freedom.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55e9e757e4b03784e275d182?utm_hp_ref=tw

I wonder how many divorced people he has allowed to marry? The filthy hypocrite.

Religious freedom does not give public servants the right to refuse to uphold the law. When they are on the bench they serve the tax payers. When is someone going to get this fact through to them. They should kick this guy off the bench.

Yeah, it's never wise to question a judge's authority. That's a quick way to jail, and judges can extend jail sentences so this could get much worse for her. And the longer she sets in county the more her chances of an ass beating increase. She is naive and playing with fire.

I dunno, as much as I despise her, she looks like she could be one of those people who goes to prison and their inner badass becomes unleashed in its native habitat. Five days in and she's like Red from OITNB.

Well, let's not go nuts. Kim Davis has yet to kill anyone. Far as we know.

I'm no expert on law at all, but where are opponents of gay marriage getting that gay marriage still isn't legal in Kentucky and that SCOTUS can't pass new laws?

In the past Republicans have often bemoaned "activist judges", but they generally accepted the rulings. Now they seem to either really not understand the way the US judicial system works, or outright disagree with the very notion that there should be a supreme court who has final say.

http://www.queerty.com/another-kentucky-clerk-vows-to-die-fighting-against-gay-marriage-20150831?utm_source=bb82&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=artname&utm_content=11_2

“I think that’s a travesty to think that just because he don’t see it this way or his opinion is to let same-sex marriage go and it’s all right that us as Christians, we as Christians just don’t have rights anymore? That’s wrong, sir. That’s not right… It’s a war on Christianity. There is a travesty taking place with that Supreme Court ruling was completely unconstitutional, completely unconstitutional. They have no right to tell us, the state of Kentucky, that our law that was voted with what was 70 percent of the people that it was wrong, they had no right.”

“Our law says ‘one man and one woman’ and that is what I held my hand up and took an oath to and that is what I expected. If it takes it, I will go to jail over — if it takes my life, I will die for because I believe I owe that to the people that fought so I can have the freedom that I have, I owe that to them today, and you do, we all do. They fought and died so we could have this freedom and I’m going to fight and die for my kids and your kids can keep it.”

439.gif

I'm no expert on law at all, but where are opponents of gay marriage getting that gay marriage still isn't legal in Kentucky and that SCOTUS can't pass new laws?
Can SCOTUS pass laws? I thought their job was to interpret law and see if if laws and policy are Constitutional. They basically set precedent.

You know what's ironic about all this is that she's not even a Republican, she's a liberal who happens to hate gays. Which makes all the conservatives casting their support for her look even more stupid.

Can SCOTUS pass laws? I thought their job was to interpret law and see if if laws and policy are Constitutional. They basically set precedent.

I think that may be an issue of semantics. SCOTUS rules, which becomes law in effect.

You know what's ironic about all this is that she's not even a Republican, she's a liberal who happens to hate gays. Which makes all the conservatives casting their support for her look even more stupid.
She's a democrat sure but a liberal? I don't know.

So according to Westboro Baptist Church, no divorce is ever legitimate, and if you remarry, you're committing adultery on your first husband.

How's the internet back in those 1800s?

1418971787773734034.jpg

http://gawker.com/kim-davis-for-president-scenes-from-a-pro-kim-davis-1729059086

300 or so idiots turned up with idiotic signs for a free the other idiot rally. Some of the signs at the article are so stupid they make my brain hurt

Looking at that group I'm reminded of this:

Detective Rustin Cohle: What do you think the average IQ of this group is, huh?
Detective Martin Hart: Can you see Texas up there on your high horse? What do you know about these people?
Detective Rustin Cohle: Just observation and deduction. I see a propensity for obesity. Poverty. A yen for fairy tales. Folks puttin' what few bucks they do have into a little wicker basket being passed around. I think it's safe to say nobody here's gonna be splitting the atom, Marty.

I like to think people are fundamentally good creatures. But then you see these people, and you wonder. It's not ISIS or Nazis that make me lose hope in humanity. It's these dull degenerates.

People who say courts cannot pass laws do not understand our legal system. Common law is a thing and it impacts people's daily lives in far more meaningful ways than statutes.

They don't understand it as well as you might think. They preach and obsess over Levitical laws, but they ignore a lot of the rest and the entirety of the New Testament, and only interpret the bible literally with absolutely no sense of genre, author intent, context, culture, or history. In short they are ignorant due to a lack of education. If they knew anything about church history and the development of Christian doctrine and the Bible, and the Church Fathers they wouldn't be preaching what they preach and behaving the way they do. They are about as Christian as a rapid dog.

I like to think people are fundamentally good creatures. But then you see these people, and you wonder. It's not ISIS or Nazis that make me lose hope in humanity. It's these dull degenerates.

They're the kinds of people you're willing to give Hannibal Lecter a free pass for eating.

So according to Westboro Baptist Church, no divorce is ever legitimate, and if you remarry, you're committing adultery on your first husband.

How's the internet back in those 1800s?

I might be wrong, but I think they're wrong on this because I distinctly remember reading in the New Testament how it was actually ok to divorce if your spouse was an adulterer. Then you would be free to remarry while they're future marriages would be a sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"