Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

And that is what they say. Now, lets see what they do.

See: polygamy and child marriage.

I don't think the main Mormon Church allows polygamy or child marriage anymore. There is that break-away sect that does but that is a seperate group at this point.

You will pardon me if I have issues with taking the big organized religion at its word.

It's Chicago so it is already halfway there. Which is why there is hope this woman can turn it around. She already has started working on that.

giphy.gif

Mormons themselves are apostates, so big woop.

Mathew 7

3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

Israel Folau: Rugby Australia 'intends' to sack full-back after social media post
_106408647_israel1.jpg

Rugby Australia and the New South Wales Rugby Union say they intend to terminate Israel Folau's contract after a social media post by the full-back in which he said "hell awaits" gay people.

Folau, 30, has 73 caps and was expected to play at this year's World Cup.

"He does not speak for the game with his recent social media posts," the governing bodies said.

"In the absence of compelling mitigating factors, it is our intention to terminate his contract."

Rugby Australia and the NSW Rugby Union, which is responsible for Super Rugby side NSW Waratahs, said they have made "repeated attempts" to contact Folau and he has failed to get in touch with either organisation.

"Israel has failed to understand that the expectation of him as a Rugby Australia and NSW Waratahs employee is that he cannot share material on social media that condemns, vilifies or discriminates against people on the basis of their sexuality," the governing bodies said in a statement.

"As a code we have made it clear to Israel formally and repeatedly that any social media posts or commentary that is in any way disrespectful to people because of their sexuality will result in disciplinary action."

Australia's sponsor Qantas, whose chief executive Alan Joyce is openly gay, said Folau's post was "really disappointing".

"These comments clearly don't reflect the spirit of inclusion and diversity that we support," the airline said.

Provided the link if anybody wants to read the whole article

Good thing they are dropping his sorry hypocritical ass.

kake1.jpg

(Haven't been posting here so pardon this if it's a repost)

Last edited:
You missed a profanity there but yeah, this is exactly what people knew the conservatives and religious righteous would pull.

kake1.jpg

(Haven't been posting here so pardon this if it's a repost)

Had a quick scan and from what I can tell this is from a year ago and did not go well for him.

LGBT groups denounced Rohrabacher for the remarks, and the National Association of Realtors, which had previously donated to Rohrabacher's re-election campaigns, condemned Rohrabacher, halted all of its financial support for him and repudiated its past donations to him. After Rohrabacher's constituents unseated him in favor of Harley Rouda, The Advocate praised the results and condemned Rohrabacher.

Im not religious in the slightest but if we are going allow religious freedoms then tbh I understood the cake issue to a degree but this sounds like a case of getting an inch and trying to take a mile. Seems like nobody really stood for this. Plus one look through his Wiki and it sounds like he was dirtier than a teenager's browser history.

If you've been watching since 1996 you pretty much already knew Ratburn's deal.

Awful administration does awful things. They are ever searching for the next terrible thing to do. If they could they would probably make being homosexual a jailable offense.

Just remember this isn't just fine for his voters, they laugh at those that fight against it. Those that have to suffer through it.

But....if their marriage is legally officiated, their kid is not "out of wedlock".

How is it even legal to just refuse to recognize a legal marriage?

Because of "teh gays"!!!!

I seriously can't stand being under "Christian rule" in this country. Whether some want to admit it or not, I would say Most homophobic views are due to so called religious "morals/values". Organized religion needs to die off and we need 100% separation of church and state...which sadly will never happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"