Discussion: Global Warming, Emission Standards, and Other Environmental Issues - Part 1

Very true. Those dollars will be meaningless when your home is either running out of water or being washed away in a storm. :(
That’s what gets me. People won’t do diddley to stop climate change because it will harm the economy. What the heck to they think will happen if we continue to do nothing? At this point I just want to tell the economy worshippers that I’ll let the stock market crash to save some trees. Their rage would be totally worth it.

That’s what gets me. People won’t do diddley to stop climate change because it will harm the economy. What the heck to they think will happen if we continue to do nothing? At this point I just want to tell the economy worshippers that I’ll let the stock market crash to save some trees. Their rage would be totally worth it.
They will find out one way or the other, probably when it's too late. :(

They’ll never admit that they were wrong or that whatever is happening is man made. I give up.

I think it’s a generational thing. My parents and their friends were born right after the Depression, so nothing matters more to them than saving money. I want to shake them and scream that the Depression ended nearly a century ago but they won’t agree.

Big corporations don't care. They're going to find it hard to spend all that money when they can't breathe.
It makes me crazy when people hear about Arctic ice disappearing and being ok with it because it opens a new trade route. Totally missing the point. I guess at this point we should just accept that most people don’t care about climate change or think it’s a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"