Discussion: Racism - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to say this now, lets keep this civil, or the hammer of Malice will reign down with little or no mercy here.

Here are my thoughts.

Is the US Racist?
Depends, I think it depends on the age of the person. I think the younger the crowd, the less racist you get because of experience. I am 33, I grew up with blacks/whites/latinos/asians, you name it. It never dawned on my honestly growing up, that there was a "difference."

I never experienced segregation, the riots of the 60's and the things of that nature. Those that experienced those turbulant times, may have a different perspective. Some may be like me, and dont care about race, but some, frankly put, are stuck in their old ways. Most likely they wont change.

Is Racism affecting the primaries?
I would have to say YES. Like explained before, some people will not look past it. I personally like Obama, I would not vote for him because of policies...same as Hillary...

Has Obama, because he is Black been given a pass for more the Primary?
Personally, I feel he was treated quite differently than the other candidates in the beginning. Since the US has never seen a black candidate before that had ANY chance of getting a nomination the press were a little confused on how to treat him.

I think now, especially since he is winning, the press is really realizing, um, they dont have to treat him differently, as we have seen by recent events.

Well, those are my thoughts.
Controvercial or not, they are my thoughts on what I see.

The question isn't whether the US as society is racist as much as whether the USA has structural and institutionally racist policy and practices, which it does.

The question isn't whether the US as society is racist as much as whether the USA has structural and institutionally racist policy and practices, which it does.

I would say they more tribalist then racist

I agree with that but the thing thats chaps my backside is for example the few police and police departments where racism was or is found is perceived as a nationwide epidemic when it isnt true. There is racism on both sides of the law but the media and idiots like DL Hughley want to pretend its all one sided. Ill stick to my belief that the only way racism goes away is if the generations that replace each of us accept each other more and move on together in all aspects.

I just think right now in todays society its just going to be too hard to rid of racism especially with the machine feeding it.

I don't even know why this thread is even open. It the same thing every time their is a race discussion. Whites tell blacks how bad they are and they commit crimes and all the other stereotypes and blame blacks for all the evils in this country as well as other minorties and they do t feel nothing is wrong and all in the minds of blacks. Blacks have valid points about race but they blame th system and the white man for a lot of things that are no longer justifiable like 70 percent of black households are headed by single black mothers, the drop out rate of blacks are a few that black parents can and should resolve.

When there is actually an intellectual conversation about race and what areas can be addressed and how to solve the issues then I'll engage in a conversation about race .

No longer justifiable? Are there poppy fields in the 'hood'? How about laboratories for processing cocaine? Firearm factories?

Last I checked those are located in Afghanistan, Bolivia, Israel, and Austria.

So if contraband related crimes are what minorities are getting stuck in the system for how does said contraband make it into our communities?

Are these things also located in white communities? If they are why are arrest statistics higher for minorities despite that same contraband having a place in white communities?

Something to ponder.

Same with respect, if you dont respect a cop you never met before or know approaching you then how can you expect him to respect you in return. Respect and hardwork is earned period.

Does the cop have to respect "you" whom s/he has never met before or know?

Does the cop have to respect "you" whom s/he has never met before or know?

Of course they do its a two way street not one way. If a cop ask for your license and registration and you answer with attitude how do you expect the rest of the conversation to go? It may not always go that smooth but this is basic common sense.

I would say they more tribalist then racist

I agree with that but the thing thats chaps my backside is for example the few police and police departments where racism was or is found is perceived as a nationwide epidemic when it isnt true. There is racism on both sides of the law but the media and idiots like DL Hughley want to pretend its all one sided. Ill stick to my belief that the only way racism goes away is if the generations that replace each of us accept each other more and move on together in all aspects.

I just think right now in todays society its just going to be too hard to rid of racism especially with the machine feeding it.

The issue is that it is implemented in a top-down fashion, there are unspoken and unwritten discursive practices directly related to race in the USA. Just because there are a finite number of incidents doesn't mean it's not a prevalent belief in many American institutions.

It's not one-sided, but the fact that a lot of black America's options are diminished due to how institutions deal with them reproduces and enables the maladaptive environments that make bad statistics associated with black America a cyclical phenomenon maintained by American legislation.

So if enough white folk quit there jobs and sell rocks on the street corner then it will be legal?

I assume he was being facetious. Most drug dealers in the country are white.

So if enough white folk quit there jobs and sell rocks on the street corner then it will be legal?

It won't become legal but you can bet there will be more avenue's offered to help reduce addiction, in fact it's already happening now.

Crack cocaine has been plaguing the African-American community since the 80's with very minimal support from our country and government to help stop it. Now that it's reaching out to the suburbs and affecting affluent, white teenagers and young adults it's treated as a rising epidemic.

Last edited:
It won't become legal but you can bet there will be more avenue's offered to help reduce addiction, in fact it's already happening now.

Crack cocaine has been plaguing the African-American community since the 80's with very minimal support from our country and government to help stop it. Now that it's reaching out to the suburbs and affecting affluent, white teenagers and young adults it treated as a rising epidemic.

Funny how that double standard works.

When it's black or hispanic folk they're labeled as criminals and superpredators.

When it becomes a white problem addiction is a disease associated with mental illness.

Funny how that double standard works.

When it's black or hispanic folk they're labeled as criminals and superpredators.

When it becomes a white problem addiction is a disease associated with mental illness.

Or just simply kids that made a mistake. :whatever:

Crack cocaine has been plaguing the African-American community since the 80's with very minimal support from our country and government to help stop it. Now that it's reaching out to the suburbs and affecting affluent, white teenagers and young adults it's treated as a rising epidemic.

Im not sure where your stats are coming from but centers are setup all over the country assisting in drug addiction for all races and sex. If you choose not to see them or pretend they dont exist then thats on you. Hell in baltimore centers have a good presence along with the clinic concentra. Not too mention a brand new CVS that burned to the ground during the riots was finally reopened recently but the original point of why the cvs was located there was to help the community there of predominately black get medicine they needed. I wouldnt be surprised if during that time the cvs was out if people turned to illegal drugs because the next closes pharmacy was quire a distant.

Heres the video of the local idiot cutting hose while firefighters were trying to save the cvs in his area. Is this acceptable or is he misunderstood?

[YT] g1zUMVT7Hg0[/YT]

Of course they do its a two way street not one way. If a cop ask for your license and registration and you answer with attitude how do you expect the rest of the conversation to go? It may not always go that smooth but this is basic common sense.

Honestly I wouldn't blame someone for having an attitude if he's profiled. I've been through it and it's not a good feeling to get grilled by a cop for no reason. When I lived in Columbia, SC I got pulled over basically because I was a black guy wearing a black bandana on my head driving a nice car. I have an afro and some days when I don't feel like combing that mess I would just throw a bandana on my head and call it a day. So about a couple of miles from my home I get pulled over for no reason. The cop who pulled me over just waited in his car and I'm sitting there like WTF. I thought maybe he was running my plates but then a second cop shows up. So a lot of **** is running through my head and I'm a bit on edge when the cop comes up to my window. He gets my license and registration which he only looked at for a few seconds and then while giving me an intense glare asked me where I was coming from, where I was going, how long I lived in the neighborhood, what I did for a living, etc...**** that was honestly none of his business while the other cop is looking around in my car like I was supposed to have something. When I realized I got pulled over for nothing I could have lost my cool or been sarcastic because I was boiling inside but I kept a straight face and answered his stupid questions. What I didn't know at the time was a gang called Folk had started up in Columbia and wouldn't you know it...they wear black bandanas on their heads to signify which set they're from. The cop didn't tell me any of this. I had to find out online for myself. So basically he saw a black guy with a rag on his head in a nice car and pretty much thought I fit the profile of a gang banger or drug dealer when I was the furthest thing from it.

I agree with that but the thing thats chaps my backside is for example the few police and police departments where racism was or is found is perceived as a nationwide epidemic when it isnt true.

:hehe: at "few". It is and has always been a problem in this country. Saying otherwise is self delusional nonsense.

There is racism on both sides of the law but the media and idiots like DL Hughley want to pretend its all one sided.

What do you mean "both sides of the law"? Are you talking about criminals or just people who aren't cops on "the other" side? Either way it is very disingenuous to pretend that one side doesn't have more power than the other.

What you said about Hughley isn't true. Maybe you meant idiots like Rudy Giuliani like to pretend its all one sided, heh.

:hehe: at "few". It is and has always been a problem in this country. Saying otherwise is self delusional nonsense.

What do you mean "both sides of the law"? Are you talking about criminals or just people who aren't cops on "the other" side? Either way it is very disingenuous to pretend that one side doesn't have more power than the other.

What you said about Hughley isn't true. Maybe you meant idiots like Rudy Giuliani like to pretend its all one sided, heh.

Everyone whos not a cop. Cops have power yes theres no denying that.

DL is making money off this situation, pimping his book every tv appearence

Everyone whos not a cop. Cops have power yes theres no denying that.

DL is making money off this situation, pimping his book every tv appearence

You mean good ol' Rudy, the guy who sold out (because he grew up with those guys) Italian organized crime in NY and got out of it with his hands clean and a couple terms as mayor, doesn't get paid to call protesters terrorists on CNN?

You mean good ol' Rudy, the guy who sold out (because he grew up with those guys) Italian organized crime in NY and got out of it with his hands clean and a couple terms as mayor, doesn't get paid to call protesters terrorists on CNN?

Hes no different ethier I meant to say him too. There all oppurtunist, racism sells in the media and you can make money off of it sadly.

BLM is going to become to valid civil rights issues what Islamic radicals have become for Islam. Their initial validity and concern is being hijacked by extremists that are going to sap all legitimacy from their cause and actually have the opposite of effect of alienating them from society even more.

Also; this is a sentence I never thought I'd read: "A police cruiser was firebombed outside a mosque in Florida".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"