Discussion: Illegal Immigration and Other Citizenship Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
could somebody answer this question for me? In Arizona had the law gone into effect would immigrants have been in prison with the regular population? And what safeguards were in place to prevent a teenager who looks old for his or her age from being in prison with adult rapists and murderers? I'm hoping for an informed opinion,k preferably accompanied by a link.

that's oddly specific, but I would gather when/if someone is detained due to not having ID or questionable citizenship, the authorities would do their best to determine their proper age so they can be placed in the proper facility

They aren't citizens, therefore they are not protected by our Constitution....far as I'm concerned they are invaders into this country and should be treated as such
The constitution doesn't only grant rights. It also grants restricions on what the federal and state governments can and can not do to people. The government is not allowed to issue punishments that are too severe for the crime. that is not a right of a citizen. It is something the government isn't allowed to do.

Also if the suspect is a citizen they have the right to due process before you convict and punish them for the crime of being an illegal immigrant. You can't just assume they are guilty untill proven innocent. Not to mention any country that would do such a thing would deserve severe economic sanctions for human rights violations. I don't care which country does it. It could be ours or another. Any country that does that ought to have severe sanctions.

and sanctioning the US does what?? sanctions are for poor countries who don't have ****

Still cracks me up how this debate seems to mostly center around "Mexican" illegal immigrants. While they make up the bulk of illegal immigrants in this country they're not the only ones.

I think the last figure I saw was that 80-something percent of illegal immigrants entering this county are from Mexico and South America. That means that nearly 90% of people illegally entering this country are doing so through the Southern border.

that's oddly specific, but I would gather when/if someone is detained due to not having ID or questionable citizenship, the authorities would do their best to determine their proper age so they can be placed in the proper facility
That's not what I meant. I wasn't talking about people who are detained while they check their status. According to the law that is temporarily on hold in Arizona, if you are convicted of being an illegal immigrant you sit in prison for 6 months. Then you are handed over to the federal government.

If a teeanger looks old or tall for their age they'd ocasionally end up in prison with adult rapists and murderers. I guess Governor Jan Brewer think's it's okay for a 13 or 14 year old kid to lose their virginity to a 50 year old pedophile.

Just imagine being 13 in prison with adults. Think of how scared you would be. If that law had gone into effect I 100% gurantee support for it would have dropped to less than 45% within a year, as the results and implications of the law made their way onto the news. Most conservatives would have continued to support it, but most of America would have been ashamed of what we had been doing.

The U.N. could stop us from importing oil and gas.

How?? with what force??

That's not what I meant. I wasn't talking about people who are detained while they check their status. According to the law that is temporarily on hold in Arizona, if you are convicted of being an illegal immigrant you sit in prison for 6 months. Then you are handed over to the federal government.

If a teeanger looks old or tall for their age they'd ocasionally end up in prison with adult rapists and murderers. I guess Governor Jan Brewer think's it's okay for a 13 or 14 year old kid to lose their virginity to a 50 year old pedophile.

Just imagine being 13 in prison with adults. Think of how scared you would be. If that law had gone into effect I 100% gurantee support for it would have dropped to less than 45% within a year, as the results and implications of the law made their way onto the news. Most conservatives would have continued to support it, but most of America would have been ashamed of what we had been doing.

but you still have to be processed, so I would guess a part of that is determining the persons proper age so they can be placed in the proper facility

its not like you go right from the courthouse to prison...usually you'll go to a jail or some similar holding facility while you are sentenced and its determined what facility you go to...at least thats how it is in Connecticut

also, with the UN based in NYC, diplomats love their free parking, diplomatic immunity, and all the little perks that come with their position

Don't even get me started on all of that ****....I read a book a few years back on all of those perks, how much we put into to the UN budget, how screwed we get 90% of the time....how people are nice to the US face, but behind our back stab us constantly....yet use all of what we have in NYC, free of charge. PISSES ME OFF....

How?? with what force??

but you still have to be processed, so I would guess a part of that is determining the persons proper age so they can be placed in the proper facility

its not like you go right from the courthouse to prison...usually you'll go to a jail or some similar holding facility while you are sentenced and its determined what facility you go to...at least thats how it is in Connecticut
that's what I'm asking. how do determine how old the person is if they don't have a birth certificate? In connecticut it would be a little different because they weren't actually sending immigrants to prison. Prison is going to be a little different from jail. Prison is where people are beat and raped.

Last edited:
It is obvious that I am my daddy's daughter....

My sister tried to tell me I was adopted. It was obvious I wasn't...nor am I the Milkman's baby....lol

Don't even get me started on all of that ****....I read a book a few years back on all of those perks, how much we put into to the UN budget, how screwed we get 90% of the time....how people are nice to the US face, but behind our back stab us constantly....yet use all of what we have in NYC, free of charge. PISSES ME OFF....

yep

that's what I'm asking. how do determine how old the person is if they don't have a birth certificate? In connecticut it would be a little different because they weren't actually sending immigrants to prison. Prison is going to be a little different from jail. Prison is where people are beat and raped.

I would assume a Spanish speaking officer or official, or if their public defender speaks Spanish would speak with them to discover their age and inform them of what's going on

so basically nobody knows. just a few guesses. It is possible that people aren't going to be believed when they say they are a minor. Based on the way Arizona does things they will assume that people lie and say they are a minor to get easier treatment, and to combat the problem they will just make it easier to stick minors in prison with adult rapists.

I'll try to research myself to find out what the procedures were going to be. But based on the way Jan Brewer governs which seems to be pretty heartless, I'm guessing the safeguards were about as weak as the safeguards to prevent racial profiling.

There hasn't been any news on this front in about two weeks. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the crap hits the fan again...if you know what I mean.

There hasn't been any news on this front in about two weeks. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the crap hits the fan again...if you know what I mean.

Sharp, fast fans lining the borders so that it blows people away and chops them up if they get close. GENIUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"