Discussion: MSNBC And Other Left-Leaning Media Outlets

I like Current...it has some interesting programs on it.

I'm a big fan of the channel as well....Vanguard is probably some of the best investigative journalism being done on TV today....but for Keith Olbermann to go from big cable news to there....it's funny

I don't think so. I wouldn't call Howard Stern going to Sirius a failure. He banked and now he has full control of his content. I presume Keith got a similar deal.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

it's a bit different....Sirius is now the lone provider of satellite radio in the US....he left a saturated and stale market in morning drive time radio and went to a place with very little competition

Keith going to Current is like going from dating Jessical Biel to dating Kate Micucci

I don't think so. I wouldn't call Howard Stern going to Sirius a failure. He banked and now he has full control of his content. I presume Keith got a similar deal.

Big difference. Howard went to Sirius because Sirius offered him a great amount of money and freedom, more than he ever could on terrestrial radio due to the FCC. Olbermann went to Current because MSNBC was fed up with his **** and arrogant ass. Howard brought people to Sirius XM, while only the most diehard are going to follow Keith to Current.

And with Olbermann you can't help but pity him because he originally started out as a leftist Bill O'Reilly. Sure he was a bit arrogant, but he was very intelligent and presented an opinion that you could respect and he had a sense of humor such as his Worst Person in the World attacking people who kinda deserved it. But then after Obama got elected he essentially went to Glen Beckian levels of jackassery. Instead of simply presenting progressive viewpoints, his opinion and humor turned into nothing but an attack on right winged figures whose only crime was that they belonged on the different side of the political spectrum. He acted as if he was above the rules and that MSNBC revolved around him.

Howard was rewarded for his work, he was still going up. Keith on the other hand was rewarded for being an ass who was on the decline.

I don't think his numbers were declining that much. He was still the number one show on MSNBC. And I'd like to see how much cash he's getting off this gig. I bet Gore is paying him out the wazoo.

Being the #1 show on MSNBC is not saying much...

Yeah, they are loosing all of their good people to other networks...

I don't think his numbers were declining that much. He was still the number one show on MSNBC.
Olbermann had a terrible year in 2010, not because of his ratings but because he looked like such an ass. Jon Stewart ripped him a new one, he was kicked off his show because he violated the rules set by NBC News, he looked like a fool during the 2010 midterm elections, etc.

It's not that his ratings were poor, they were rather good, it's that NBC News was fed up with his ********. He was getting more and more arrogant, he thought that he was above the rules, while he established MSNBC as the Fox News for Progressives, he was giving MSNBC the same reputation that Fox News had, and overall he was a dick. NBC News just had enough of it.

And I'd like to see how much cash he's getting off this gig. I bet Gore is paying him out the wazoo.

I know that he was given an equity stake in Current and he's being paid handsomely for what Current can afford. It's a damn shame, if we had the Olbermann during the Bush Administration he would have totally deserved it, but instead Current is rewarding the Olbermann of the Obama Administration.

But there's a reason why Current took him....no one else wanted him. He was done with NBCUniversal, Time Warner doesn't want CNN to go the route of Fox News and MSNBC, and Olbermann's political leanings go against what News Corp. established with Fox News. And overall, Olbermann of the past couple of years he was extremely unprofessional. That's pretty sad considering that he was a ratings success.

Last edited:
CNN isn't necessarily going the way of MSNBC or Fox, but they are loosing their best and will be left with the mediocre, or those that are more celebrity than reporter. As far as business news they are at the bottom of the barrel...

that sounds like a trainwreck/planecrash/Titanic waiting to happen

OBAMA’S COVERAGE WAS HISTORIC

I wonder if this year will be the same...

Article is much longer, and shows Fox bias as well thought not quite as pronounced, so read the entire article at the link...

Obama’s 68% positive press is the strongest showing CMPA has ever recorded for a presidential candidate, since we began monitoring election news in 1988. He easily eclipsed previous leader John Kerry’s 59% positive evaluations on network news in 2004. Conversely, McCain’s tally of 33% positive evaluations was the worst showing since George H.W. Bush received only 29% positive press in 1988.
Averaged across the all elections since 1988, broadcast network coverage of the six Democratic presidential nominees has been evenly balanced – 50% positive vs. 50% negative press. The average coverage of the six Republican candidates has been 34% positive vs. 66% negative, a margin of 2 to 1 negative.
Obama’s 2 to 1 lead in good press also held true for the candidates’ issue coverage, which includes evaluations of their policies and proposals. A slight majority (53%) of statements about Obama’s policies and proposals were favorable, compared to one out of four (24%) favorable comments about McCain and one out of six (16%) favorable toward Palin. The combined totals were 52% positive issue coverage of the Democrats and 24% positive toward the GOP.

Last edited:
That is when Anne has meeting with Satan so Monday is out.

i read somewhere that they are actually friends....I have this odd feeling they've had relations, but I could see them being friends when the cameras are off

i read somewhere that they are actually friends....I have this odd feeling they've had relations, but I could see them being friends when the cameras are off

There was a rumor that they dated, but I've never read that it was proven...

She has spoken about them being friends...she actually is friends with alot on the other side of the aisle.

I don't know the guys name, but one of the liberals that Hannity has on his show is one of his best friends...I've seen him on there a couple of times, they have knock down drag outs....but when someone was questioning Hannities charity, this guy went after the guy, totally took up for Hannity. So I have a feeling a lot of what we hear and see is a bunch of bull ****...lol

And the Palin obsession continues . . .

Newspapers Ask for Reader Help to Analyze the "Palin E-mails"

The New York Times

The Washington Post

Come on, does anyone honestly believe that they aren't looking for dirt?

Did this call go out to "analyze" any documents related to Obama . . . what little he's actually released?
What about reading the massive Obamacare bill?

Has either paper actually asked readers before for help in "analyzing" masses of documents? This is the first I've heard of it . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"