Discussion: MSNBC And Other Left-Leaning Media Outlets

I have never heard of that happening, but hell it's the New York Times and Washington Post, the two most liberal papers out there....certainly isn't surprising.

So I don't know if this has been mentioned but Keith Olberman is bringing back his show but it is now on Current. I'm not happy about this.

Edit:never mind, its in the first post on page 38. Seriously though, I thought he'd be gone for longer. That and I dont like most of the changes to Current over the past year or so.

So I don't know if this has been mentioned but Keith Olberman is bringing back his show but it is now on Current. I'm not happy about this.

Edit:never mind, its in the first post on page 38. Seriously though, I thought he'd be gone for longer. That and I dont like most of the changes to Current over the past year or so.

it's Current...nobody really watches that channel much

I am so sick of this crap...there is no good media outlets anymore. You either have pro right or pro-left. Where is the unbiased media outlet??

CNN is the closest you'll get to "center of the line" political coverage on tv.

Last edited:
I was watching the MSNBC analysis of the GOP debate the other day and Rachel Maddow's round table discussion of the meeting of the minds featured Ed Shultz, Al Sharpton, and Lawrence O'Donnel...haha really? Rachel should have done it by herself.

Sad day for our planet when Ed Shultz is given a prime time slot.

I am so sick of this crap...there is no good media outlets anymore. You either have pro right or pro-left. Where is the unbiased media outlet??

Aside from NPR (which Franklin Richards already pointed out), there is the PBS NewsHour program (originally "The News Hour with Jim Lehrer"). It's longer, has no commercial interruptions, and shows both sides of the issue.

Your local PBS station should have it.

I was watching the MSNBC analysis of the GOP debate the other day and Rachel Maddow's round table discussion of the meeting of the minds featured Ed Shultz, Al Sharpton, and Lawrence O'Donnel...haha really? Rachel should have done it by herself.

I did watch their analysis and I have to say that despite their biases, Shultz, Sharpton, and O'Donnell did a somewhat decent job as analysts.

Aside from NPR (which Franklin Richards already pointed out), there is the PBS NewsHour program (originally "The News Hour with Jim Lehrer"). It's longer, has no commercial interruptions, and shows both sides of the issue.

Agreed. They seem to show no reluctance to criticize regardless of what side of an issue anyone is on. To my mind they are about as impartial as it gets.

That's the key here. No commercials equals no corporate sponsor to influence the content of the story. That is what the other media outlets are lacking.

Al Gore fired Keith Olbermann.

Nuff said :funny:

Can't be for his political views. You can't get much more left than Current TV.

I don't get why he would. Doesn't Obama politically jive with him more than McCain. Shouldn't he be jollier or something. Whole thing is bizarre.

I don't get why he would. Doesn't Obama politically jive with him more than McCain. Shouldn't he be jollier or something. Whole thing is bizarre.

I kinda notice that when a certain side is in power, their pundits tend to be a bit more *****ey in a sore winner kind of way. When Bush was in power, the liberal pundits were the more intelligent and respectful personalities while the conservative ones were jackasses. With the rise of Obama, it was the conservative pundits that toned down (with the exception of Beck) while the liberal pundits act like jackasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"