Discussion: Racism - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then yeah we definitely agree on both counts - wrong whoever does it and whites crying racism without even acknowledging what is and has been going on for minoroties for years. Especially those acting like "stop crying victim, look at minorities beating whites."

Then yeah we definitely agree on both counts - wrong whoever does it and whites crying racism without even acknowledging what is and has been going on for minoroties for years. Especially those acting like "stop crying victim, look at minorities beating whites."

Bingo!

A little background on me for you:
I'm white. I grew up in a town known far and wide as being very racist. A haven for the Klan, in fact. I grew up in a home and with family that were passively racist. They wouldn't say anything to someone's face but I knew a lot of n***** jokes. I've seen the offending side of it very clearly and looking back, I am ashamed it didn't upset me sooner. But, when your world is small, it's hard to see outside of it. Luckily, I was able to rise above it and shed those ideals and in a weird way, I'm proud to be embarrassed by that time in my life. I even managed to somewhat force them out of some of my family by marrying a Puerto Rican woman who already had a black daughter. I can tell the old ways are still lingering in my family, kind of like herpes. Hides for years but, occasionally, shows up as an ugly cold sore. This election brought out a few.

Bingo!

I'm white. I grew up in a town known far and wide as being very racist. A haven for the Klan, in fact. I grew up in a home and with family that were passively racist. They wouldn't say anything to someone's face but I knew a lot of n***** jokes. I've seen the offending side of it very clearly and looking back, I am ashamed it didn't upset me sooner. But, when your world is small, it's hard to see outside of it. Luckily, I was able to rise above it and shed those ideals and in a weird way, I'm proud to be embarrassed by that time in my life. I even managed to somewhat force them out of some of my family by marrying a Puerto Rican woman who already had a black daughter. I can tell the old ways are still lingering in my family, kind of like herpes. Hides for years but, occasionally, shows up as an ugly cold sore. This election brought out a few.

Did that drive them crazy?

After the Civil Rights movement, the people who were against it continued to live on, and have families. Some woke up and become genuinely good people, some were just..pretending to be tolerate. Playing nice.

After the Civil Rights movement, the people who were against it continued to live on, and have families. Some woke up and become genuinely good people, some were just..pretending to be tolerate. Playing nice.

I suggest to watch Imperium starring Daniel Radcliffe, inspired by real life accounts.

An FBI agent goes under cover to find a nazi terrorist.
All throughout the movie you're led to believe it's the angry shouting nazis doing it. When in reality, not at all. It was the guy who came off like your neighbor - family man, nice manners, wife and kids nothing separating him from a lot of us.... Turns out he was the terrorist. Basically the most threatening among them know how to hide very well.

My beef is with the media and race baiters. Everyone goes crazy when a white guy kills a black guy but no one cares when a black guy kills a white guy...in the media and society. White race baiters and racists are called monsters and bigots but people like Al Sharpton are applauded and given a show on MSNBC. It's a double standard. Now people are worried about white racists and bigots being empowered under Trump and here we have video of the opposite. Does anyone care? No. Why? Because the bad past makes it ok to push white guilt and complacency to racism against the majority because they need to learn how it feels for a minority? All white people are racists. They ALL need to feel it.

That reminds me of the Michelle Obama quote from the election race: "When they go low, so do we...to teach them how it feels."

I thought the quote was "when they go low, we go high"

I think republicans were a million times angrier about a small handful of white cops being hurt then are abiut the almost daily occurrence of white cops murdering black people who in many cases only committed the crime of being a little argumentative.

My beef is with the media and race baiters. Everyone goes crazy when a white guy kills a black guy but no one cares when a black guy kills a white guy...in the media and society. White race baiters and racists are called monsters and bigots but people like Al Sharpton are applauded and given a show on MSNBC. It's a double standard. Now people are worried about white racists and bigots being empowered under Trump and here we have video of the opposite. Does anyone care? No. Why? Because the bad past makes it ok to push white guilt and complacency to racism against the majority because they need to learn how it feels for a minority? All white people are racists. They ALL need to feel it.

That reminds me of the Michelle Obama quote from the election race: "When they go low, so do we...to teach them how it feels."

Dude, if you can honestly look someone in the face today when Trump brought an anti semite (and that's just today alone) in as Chief of Staff and say that he's not employing bigots. You really have powerful blinders on. And that's not even mentioning V-homophobic-Pence among a heck of a lot of others.

Yeah. Trump apologized. I was ready to ease up on him while staying alert and focus on the hate groups and those in his employ more. Then I woke up and he basically literally appointed a Nazi to be Chief of Staff not even ten hours after his apology. Now either the guy knows what he's doing or he's a ****** who can't see the ramifications of his actions, both ways you put it - it's dangerous.

Last edited:

What she actually said was "when they go low, we go high".

Just to keep things semi-honest in here.

Pretty sure the actual quote is when they go low we'll make we need legal and everyone will be too high to care. :o

"When they go low, we get high." ~ Michelle Obama

Dude, if you can honestly look someone in the face today when Trump brought an anti semite (and that's just today alone) in as Chief of Staff and say that he's not employing bigots. You really have powerful blinders on. And that's not even mentioning V-homophobic-Pence among a heck of a lot of others.

Yeah. Trump apologized. I was ready to ease up on him while staying alert and focus on the hate groups and those in his employ more. Then I woke up and he basically literally appointed a Nazi to be Chief of Staff not even ten hours after his apology. Now either the guy knows what he's doing or he's a ****** who can't see the ramifications of his actions, both ways you put it - it's dangerous.

No, preibus is chief of staff....

Bingo!

Bro, I'm glad you went through what you did. It shows maturity in you and how you relate to others. It kills me when people say whites are beaten like minorities but we don't whine about it. It doesn't make it right. Glad there are people like you in the world who can separate the forest from the trees. :up:

What she actually said was "when they go low, we go high".

Just to keep things semi-honest in here.
Good post! Just a little bit of truth goes a long way! That one word changed that entire post/lie.

Bro, I'm glad you went through what you did. It shows maturity in you and how you relate to others. It kills me when people say whites are beaten like minorities but we don't whine about it. It doesn't make it right. Glad there are people like you in the world who can separate the forest from the trees. :up:
Thanks.

It's not that all whites want to kill all black people.

But racism is not a deal breaker to most of them which gave way to amoral and nihilistic choices in leadership.

It's not that all whites want to kill all black people.

But racism is not a deal breaker to most of them which ultimately lead to amoral and nihilistic choices in leadership.

I don't think it's that. I think they honestly don't see it as racist. There's a disconnect between white people and people of color when it comes to racism and how they perceive it. I don't think that perception gap is racism but it is a lack of understanding of one another's world view.

Pretty sure the actual quote is when they go low we'll make we need legal and everyone will be too high to care. :o

I'll endorse that. Put cannabis oil in the drinking water so everyone calms the **** down.

I don't think it's that. I think they honestly don't see it as racist. There's a disconnect between white people and people of color when it comes to racism and how they perceive it. I don't think that perception gap is racism but it is a lack of understanding of one another's world view.

Or some (or alot) of people think white nationalism could benefit them so they play dumb until the perks kick in.

I'll endorse that. Put cannabis oil in the drinking water so everyone calms the **** down.

Weed also makes people question arbitrary traditions and authority.

It's not illegal because it's physically dangerous. It threatens people who benefit from stupid rules and blind indoctrination.

What he said! When I was growing up, telling jokes that made fun of minorities, we never thought it was racist, just funny. Looking back now, oh yeah, totally racist but, to my younger ignorant mind, I didn't see it. It's like Clint Eastwood was saying about how, in his day, it wasn't racist. It was but, they didn't see it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"