The Guns thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the NRA referred to the marches, or those organizing them - largely HS kids as "violent radicals"

I hope all these kids can start something that will finally make a difference and get some common sense gun legislation passed...

Decided to check out the gathering in D.C. today. Not because I lean one way or the other on guns- doesn't really interest me much- but mostly to take photos. It's always interesting when there's a huge crowd in downtown Washington, whether it's this, the inaugurations, the Rally to Restore Sanity, and so on- at least that I've attended.

Very unique signs, these crowds. And clearly a lot of folks love their Spongebob memes. Gonzalez, obviously, was the highlight, and so was Ariana Grande...for some reason. I think the crowd went more for Grande than they did Miley Cyrus.

SERIOUSLY...?

"The latest attack came from Colion Noir, a host on NRATV who took to the airwaves on the eve of the Parkland teens-led March on Washington, telling them: “No one would know your names” if a student gunman hadn’t stormed into their school and killed three staff members and 14 students."

.....This is one of those moments when you wish you could reach out, grab someone and respond:

Well, you were apparently already a media personality, and I did not know your name....until you made a fatuous ass of yourself, just now.

At least these kids are trying to accomplish something worthwhile.

I`m a gun owner, and I support these kids` activism and initiative.

I can imagine her saying "hold my gun while I explain how violent these victims of school shooting are" without a hint of irony.

I hope all these kids can start something that will finally make a difference and get some common sense gun legislation passed...
You mean like the Stop School Violence Act and Fix NICS Act that were both in the latest omnibus?

Do you mean all of it being purely cosmetic? Because it looks nice but it really does not do much as far as gun regulations go.

To be fair to the kids, a ****ton of them will hit voting age in the next five years. If they all vote regularly for what they want then there will be big changes sometime in the next decade in many ways.

Wow, as evidenced by today, George Soros has much deeper pockets than I thought.

Went to The March For Our Lives movement (also watched two films as part of a film festival) today. Saw so many active and engaged teenagers. Makes me think the future's in good hands.

Wow, as evidenced by today, George Soros has much deeper pockets than I thought.

If I am going off the right wing media complex, he must have spent close to a trillion dollars on his political endeavors by this point. lol

Went to The March For Our Lives movement (also watched two films as part of a film festival) today. Saw so many active and engaged teenagers. Makes me think the future's in good hands.

I hope you're right. :)

It has been so great to see my generation mobilizing with these marches. I can speak firsthand that the stereotype of millennials and under being apathetic towards civic engagement was most certainly rooted in reality. But it seems we're finally waking up. I can only hope it lasts and carries over to the voting booth, because if it does then Time's Up for the sold out politicians keeping us stuck in the past.

Look, I think we all had a right to be worried after the Tide Pod thing...

But, I think why the next generation is able to move on this is because of things like this.

https://twitter.com/2nickels/status/977594934743232514

I did not have to grow up with active shooter drills. I cannot even imagine how that will shape their views. Though, I think we got a good idea today.

It has been so great to see my generation mobilizing with these marches. I can speak firsthand that the stereotype of millennials and under being apathetic towards civic engagement was most certainly rooted in reality. But it seems we're finally waking up. I can only hope it lasts and carries over to the voting booth, because if it does then Time's Up for the sold out politicians keeping us stuck in the past.

Technically I think kids under the age of 18 aren't Millennials :p

Most people would categorize Millenails with people born from the early 80s to the late 90s

I believe the NRA referred to the marches, or those organizing them - largely HS kids as "violent radicals"
[FONT=&quot]
Jesus. When did it all go wrong with the NRA? Fundamentally, the organization's concept is great & harmless - promoting family-friendly gun culture. But in the past few decades they have turned into an extremist ideological organization that has prevented common sense gun-control legislation from being implemented at every turn.

I honestly don't think all their members share their extremist values, but sheesh, many of them must be getting brainwashed through misinformation.[/FONT]

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]
Jesus. When did it all go wrong with the NRA? Fundamentally, the organization's concept is great & harmless - promoting family-friendly gun culture. But in the past few decades they have turned into an extremist ideological organization that has prevented common sense gun-control legislation from being implemented at every turn.

I honestly don't think all their members share their extremist values, but sheesh, many of them must be getting brainwashed through misinformation.[/FONT]

That's just it... "When did...?" You hit it on the head just words later: "The past few decades..." The slow motion car crash that has been the extremist Conservative/Libertarian/Evangelical take over of the GOP has been going on in front of our noses for at a minimum, 40 years and shifted into high circa the 1994 Gingrich "revolution". But it's been happening for all to see for a long time. There were those that kept warning also for those decades that this, what we are living with now in the form of a belligerent fool as the president was INEVITABLY the result of the decades long race to the lowest common denominator that has been the politics of the Republican party.

So... In other words like with all the modern disasters visited on this country and world by the credulous and resentful voting base that keeps screwing us all over, this was predicted, loudly and often for years and years. And yet... Here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"