• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 3

The fact that Virginia went red when it’s been blue for a few years isn’t a good sign for the next Presidential election. It’s amazing how quickly people forget what life is like under Republicans. Our nation continues to grow dumber because we elect officials that prefer we stay that way.

The fact that Virginia went red when it’s been blue for a few years isn’t a good sign for the next Presidential election. It’s amazing how quickly people forget what life is like under Republicans. Our nation continues to grow dumber because we elect officials that prefer we stay that way.
This is what happens when you have no platform. When the strongest point in your favor is not being Trump. People can continue to be delusional about this. Keep complaining simply about Sinema and Manchin. The issue is the Dems as a whole, and how they stand for nothing.

Centrist, enjoy the passing of the crap bill. Then enjoy the murder in the 2022 midterms and praying that Trump runs again, so the party has something to actually run on. Because if the Dems don't have their boogeyman, they have no idea what to do. And in no world is that sustainable platform.

Last edited:
If Trump was president, McAuliffe would have coasted into the governor's position. That's the irony.

Yeah, McAulliffe was a bad candidate. Add in he tried way, way to hard to go on the 2020 playbook of anti Trump, when he is not on any ballot.
The worst thing for Trumpism is Trump. The allure to right is clear, and Trump's charisma got it off the ground. But he makes it completely unpresentable. All they need is a little bit better presentation and it will do them wonders. Especially with nothing in their way. We are truly and royally ****ed.

This is what happens when you have no platform. When the strongest point in your favor is not being Trump. People can continue to be delusional about this. Keep complaining simply about Sinema nd Manchin. The issue is the Dems as a whole, and how they stand for nothing.

Centrist, enjoy the passing of the crap bill. Then enjoy the murder in the 2022 midterms and praying that Trump runs again, so the party has something to actually run on. Because if the Dems don't have their boogeyman, they have no idea what to do. And in no world is that sustainable platform.
How could the Democrats pass a better bill, no matter whose fault it is?

How could the Democrats pass a better bill, no matter whose fault it is?
The first issue was how they ran in 2020. Making each election in 2020 a binary choice. They did this while backing establishment Dems to support in primary after primary. Look at how they handled Nina Turner this year. Backing the candidate preferred by Republican donors. What kind of plan is that?

As to the bill itself. Biden and all of party leadership has been weak on it from the start. Why separate the bill? To appease the Republicans in the party? Why give into everyone of their demands and in the process act like everything is going well? That what you are doing is great work? Why show you are willing to do as little as possible? How is this an election strategy?

The Dems are enshrining their lack of willingness to do damn thing, and then ask people to vote for them. Their inaction makes for a voting block who wants nothing to do with the Republicans, but don't trust you to do anything. The lack of enthusiasm is one hundred percent down to the Dems, who play this game of acting like they are happy with whatever they end up ****ting out, no matter how bad. They could at least be getting ****ing angry. Pass this thing with protest. But nope. They just let Manchin crap on all the politicians and policies that are actually attractive to younger voters, while continuing to support the old ways.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think I take it back. McAuliffe didn't run a 2020 campaign, he ran the same campaign Newsom ran with the recall. Shockingly, it didn't work. His dismissal of the racist crt panic cost him, as well.

Which god, we are going to be so inundated with barely concealed racism from the GOP.

Honestly, I think I take it back. McAuliffe didn't run a 2020 campaign, he ran the same campaign Newsom ran with the recall. Shockingly, it didn't work. His dismissal of the racist crt panic cost him, as well.

Which god, we are going to be so inundated with barely concealed racism from the GOP.
It worked for Newsom because of the state. It's solid blue. Virginia isn't, and he had nothing to offer. The CRT stuff only works because the Dems aren't motivated to vote. That motivated Republicans. What was there to motivate the Dems?

Not really surprised by this at all. Not sure the Democratic staff playing false-flag cosplay in and of itself would translate to votes against them as such, but it certainly reinforced a narrative already in play. I think Maher kinda nailed it on his show, you say "I don't think parents should get a say in what we teach their kids", there's kinda no coming back from that. That hits home not just with the Trumpies, but basically any of the normies that may be undecided. Hell, maybe even a few oldschool Bill Clinton-type voters.

McAuliffe doubling down on it all a second time kinda screamed "I know I've lost the parents, I'll try and just keep the unions by playing that up further, hopefully that'll get me over the edge" too. Seemed like the calculation.

Not sure what that "Trump and Youngkin have been doing campaign events together!" soundbite was all about yesterday either, once that got fact-checked as false it probably didn't help.

Kinda don't know jack about Youngkin personally, but at least he sorta seems more boring-dorky-Mitt-Romney type regular Republican than one of the salivating crazies. Seems the difference in California was they legit ran a crazy against Newsom, here the normies could get on board with the potential alternative. Nobody who's not nuts was ever voting for Elder, whereas here it was a far broader thing.

NJ shouldn't have been as close as it was, either. Thinking Sabato's probably onto something, this has 2010 vibes to me. Some of it's self-inflicted, some of it's not, but either way it wouldn't surprise me if Joe's a lame duck in that second term, if this becomes a bellweather going forward.

Last edited:
Thank goodness the Lincoln Project was there in Nazi cosplay. Made all the difference, really.
Might have worked if they hadn't been identified as staff members and fake nazis.

You say that like it's only not-okay because they got caught. It was a dumb move regardless.

Still not sure it moved the needle much though, the gap was closing pretty hardcore for weeks prior. Sounds more like the curriculum and the proverbial middle-finger to parents is what sealed things. That's going to draw the ire of more than just red-hats.

I'm not surprised to see McAuliffe lose this. Hell, he had it coming, and I say this as someone not a fan of the guy. He could've had this sewn up weeks ago if not for a lot of his remarks, and the parents thing definitely didn't help. You think the Democrats would bring out Obama if this was an open and shut race? Hell no. But McAuliffe made it tighter. Plus, bringing up Trump constantly didn't help.

I get that Trump brings out the opposition in big numbers, but the amount of ads I saw comparing Youngkin to Trump was amusing at times. Trump didn't run for Governor of Virginia. He was never in Virginia. But McAuliffe wanted that anti-Trump coalition to turn out. In a non-eletion or midterm year, shouting "Trump Trump Trump" from the rooftops only gets you so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"