Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 3

That herd immunity might take a century or more to happen too. Especially if this virus keeps mutating like it has.

I don't know exactly how long, but I read somewhere that they expect 80 percent of the people in FL will get the virus and some that don't will certainly be vaccinated....probably almost all of them. It's true that mutations happen, but that doesn't necessarily mean that those who get this strain won't be protected from the next one. Of course it doesn't mean it WILL offer protection either.

There are a lot of variables and this one is still mutating a lot but one disease (I forget which exactly) took roughly 100 years to get to a "herd immunity" level where it was not constantly, periodically flaring up and causing mass deaths. COVID might take a decade and it might take a century.

I hope it is sooner than later because the antivaxxer crowd is going to be a reservoir for this for a long time to come.

Unvaccinated animals as well since coronaviruses are zoonotic. There's been speculation that Omicron came from infected rodents like rats rather than an evolution from Delta in humans. Other animals have been found to be infected with COVID19 as well - deer, snow leopards, etc.

Oh man…….Please tell me I’m dreaming.
I need Kate McKinnon's Hillary Clinton to push Jim Carrey's Biden over and say I'll take the reigns here grandpa back to the senior center for you.

PA unions looked at Sinema and Manchin and said

another-thor.gif

I was thinking about who might be a successful presidential candidate for the Dems and what about Jon Ossoff? Of course, it doesn't really matter WHO the president is unless the party has fairly firm control of the senate and the house........

Daily Kos - [Arizona] Rep. Gallego slams Sinema's bogus 'principles' and calls Kevin McCarthy a 'moral coward' (liberal blog)

Gallego explained that part of what is so noxious about Sinema’s speech and stance against voting rights is that voting rights should not be considered a partisan issue in the first place, regardless of whether or not Sinema wants to be thought of as a centrist or some kind of faux-moderate. “This is not a progressive thing. There's nothing progressive about being pro-voting rights. It's actually a very American patriotic thing and the fact that she's using an archaic rule to find the constitution to stop voting rights is very problematic for a lot of Arizonans of all political persuasions.”

Gallego continued to point out that for the people who voted for her, a majority of Arizonans, Sinema “is really disappointing.” When played a clip of Sinema’s speech where she claims to “support” the legislation that she is unwilling to vote for but is scared of the cultural divisiveness of … oh, who cares what b.s. she’s hurling out there. Gallego generously calls the sentiment “naive” before pointing out that Sinema seems to have forgotten her pretend ethical position on the filibuster back when she moved it aside to raise the debt ceiling. “So when it’s convenient to Wall Street she has a new set of principles, but when it comes to underlying legislation that has been the bedrock of our democracy, then she somehow goes back to these ‘ancient principles.’”

After playing the infamous clip of then-candidate Sinema back in 2010 railing against Sen. Joe Lieberman and the abuse of the filibuster, Gallego explained that he began his Democratic political career alongside Sinema. “The only consistency about Kyrsten Sinema’s roles and positions is inconsistency.” The CNN moderator, willing to go about 1 inch deep here, tells Gallego that Sinema probably believes this political position is popular, to which Gallego replies that “she is 100 percent missing the mark.”

Business Insider - Sen. Kyrsten Sinema's filibuster speech has reenergized progressive efforts to find someone to primary and oust the Arizona Democrat

Last edited:
PA unions looked at Sinema and Manchin and said

another-thor.gif

Fetterman could go ALL THE WAY and be a like a positive Trump, merging the the free floating Populist Rage with Progressive energy to pass real reform and cause real reckoning for bad actors AND do it all in a package that appeals to the Blue Collar Whites and the Prog College types while IMO not scaring off older moderates too much.

On the other hand... There may be reasons union leadership did what they did and Fetterman is not as electable as I assumed? To me though I relish the thought of Fetterman being on a debate stage with any GOP candidate for any office.

Axios - America's youth goes left

They've been to the left of RepubliQans for a long time. They are more racially diverse than older American voters.

It's all a matter of margins and running that margin up. Bad news is it goes down after peaking and 2020 may have been the peak for a while.

Fetterman is definitely who I want. I'm disappointed to see he's not getting union support, considering how pro-union he is.
I've learned unions are usually structured so that ultimately the union leaders make major decisions like endorsements even if the members want something done differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"