Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 3

All these governors like Cuomo, Newsome, etc are being more presidential than our ostensible president.
Even the GOP Govs in the Midwest (Holcomb and DeWine) are taking this seriously and responsibly. This is really bringing out the difference between the Trumpists and everyone else.

I bet there are some supporters of Trump who are uncomfortable with his current direction.

Yeah, kind of surprised that there are some red states taking it very seriously. W. Virginia especially.

Sorry, but I don't buy that doing nothing is the best way Obama could be helping. This is Democrats in a nutshell: we dare not put up a fight at all.

I'm just saying it should be people like Biden and Sanders. Show the people how a president should act

The problem is Democrats and Progressives aren't really offering and alternative and an endgame plan to Trump.

Trump claims there's an , "expiration date" to the closures , stock market crashing, people out of work etc., while Democrats and Progressives say this can go on indefinitely. Voters like stability and certainty.

The idea of instability and uncertainty is not an appealing long term option .

Fair or not, when Trump frames/spins the debate as " getting people back to work, saving peoples 401k's , and preventing a depression" , the Democrats counter argument must acknowledge the economic fear and insecurity the most people are feeling as the shutdown goes on, and must assure people that there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Dismissing it, or downplaying it allows Trump to paint Democrats and Progressives as "Elitist and out of touch with peoples lives and fears".

Voters in a crisis will go to someone who appears strong but very wrong, as opposed to a party which may be right but appears weak with no end goal.

The goal is to make the hospitalization and death numbers go down, and until they peak and sustain a decline, the next step can't begin.

Last edited:
Biden is not fit. There is more then enough evidence of this. That doesn't mean he can't win. If anything, he should be the favorite right now. But God is his health clearly deteriorating. Which means we are going to have two people competing for the Presidency with obvious cognitive decline. It's just too bad Liz Warren is a woman and Bernie is angry. Clearly unfit.

I'd vote for her, but gurl needs to chill with her hands movements.

Just heard that the DNC is postponing its presidential convention until
August. (New York Times)

Is voting by mail likely to be tamper-proof? I’ve never really thought about the ins and outs. That’s fine if it’s reliable and easy to ensure no cheating.

I've done it three times (2016 general, 2018 midterms, 2020 primary). No problems.

I've done it three times (2016 general, 2018 midterms, 2020 primary). No problems.
I’ve done it as well. From our side it’s just filling out a ballot, sealing it and posting it, I just don’t know much about how tamper-proof it is if someone wanted to try and unduly influence the result. I assume and hope that is is a solid method. I just hadn’t really looked into it before.

I’ve done it as well. From our side it’s just filling out a ballot, sealing it and posting it, I just don’t know much about how tamper-proof it is if someone wanted to try and unduly influence the result. I assume and hope that is is a solid method. I just hadn’t really looked into it before.

To be fair, after I have the ballot filled out and envelope notarized, I take it directly to my local office or USPS mailbox. I don't take any chances.

And where I live (North Carolina), it reports when they receive your ballot and whether it's a valid return. Then after the election is done and certified, it'll indicate whether you filled out a Democratic or Republican ballot (if it's a primary).

To be fair, after I have the ballot filled out and envelope notarized, I take it directly to my local office or USPS mailbox. I don't take any chances.

And where I live (North Carolina), it reports when they receive your ballot and whether it's a valid return. Then after the election is done and certified, it'll indicate whether you filled out a Democratic or Republican ballot (if it's a primary).
Oh right. That sounds great. Thanks for the info. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"