Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 3

I'm sorry but I actually saw a Progressive actually attack Warren because she's not a real Progressive but a Social Democrat and how terrible that ideology is... What?

There’s no pleasing them TBH.

I hate how instead of being looked as the bridge between the groups, they’ve dumped her in the damned if you do, damned if you don’t group.

They fail to realize how much of a cult of personality they are in.

To be fair, a lot of people in cults don't realize it.

There’s no pleasing them TBH.

I hate how instead of being looked as the bridge between the groups, they’ve dumped her in the damned if you do, damned if you don’t group.

They fail to realize how much of a cult of personality they are in.
They were arguing that Warren being a social Democrat was a terrible thing and how flawed the ideology is when they liked Bernie who by all definition is a social Democrat.

A reminder, Cuomo may have been solid during the crisis, but he is still kind of a ****ty Dem.

Healthcare workers that went to NY amid pandemic have to pay state income taxes, Cuomo says

I understand that this was probably already in place, and is especially important given the international nature of NYC. But, this is still kind of ****ty.

I thought this was standard across all 50 states. That if you work in a state and make a paycheck you pay income tax to that state and the state where your residence is.

I thought this was standard across all 50 states. That if you work in a state and make a paycheck you pay income tax to that state and the state where your residence is.
Well I think the idea is that they came of their own free will to handle a pandemic so maybe they should have some form of exemption?

I mean, yeah. I understand how that is standard for most states. But, it just feels kind of wrong, to call for help, and take the taxes.

Oh I agree they should be exempt. In fact I think income taxes should have stopped for everyone the moment quarantine began.

The Democrats' Response to the Murder of George Floyd: More Police Violence!

The Democratic Party has seen the same videos we have. They have watched George Floyd’s agonizing murder just like us. They have seen the same cop cars, trucks, and semis run into peaceful protesters in Minneapolis and around the country. The response of this “lesser evil” party has been to line up on the other side of the barricades.

While Trump’s bravado, threat to use the military, and attack on peaceful protesters in Lafayette Park in Washington, DC have received the most attention, it is Democratic Party governors and mayors who are spearheading the brutal police repression of George Floyd protests. With few exceptions, every baton attack, tear-gas canister, and rubber bullet is ordered by representatives of that party.

Everyone knows that the racist system of capitalist policing is not a new issue. Police brutality against blacks, Latinos, and the poor generally has a long history. All major cities have horror stories of police violence, of black men and women being extrajudicially executed by the state. For decades, the Democratic Party has ruled many of these cities as a “one-party” state. There is no serious Republican opposition because the ruling class does not need it. The Democrats serve the capitalist system faithfully, and are dutiful functionaries as the capitalists make huge profits from the working class. In fact, one could argue that at present, the Democrats are the primary party of the US ruling class in general, with the Republicans serving as a rabid auxiliary.

When it comes to defending capitalist property relations, the Democrats make sure that they appoint police chiefs, district attorneys, and other enforcers of law and order who can do the job. There have been only Democratic mayors in Minneapolis since 1978. In fact, it is widely considered one of the most liberal Democratic cities in the country. They have had forty-two years to use that seat to reform the police. Instead, they have used this mandate to militarize the police so as to better protect private property. What else is needed to prove that “reforming the Democrats” is a dead end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"