Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues III

Status
Not open for further replies.
^The KKK is really not much to worry about anymore. They were only a violent group during Reconstruction and then through a resurgence in the 1915 when The Birth of a Nation was released. Once Civil Rights legislation passed they were not much of an issue anymore.

I would use "sleeper cells" more so than the KKK....the KKK has been so marginalized that it is pretty much null and void......but "sleeper cells" we seem to find a group monthly. Thank goodness we are finding them....

The KKK hasn't been relevant ever since that debacle with Clayton Bigsby.

Oh god, the Clayton Bigsby incident really destroyed those guys, for the better.

Business Bites: Are we facing a global recession?

If Chinese and German manufacturing is decreasing think about the effects on the flow of US consumer products made cheaply in Asia and then sent overseas to stores in America. This could hurt retail, logistics, and other places of the economy in general.

This is also why I think China will not think the US is giving them enough demand or is upset they caused the start of the global recession they will start giving manufacturing precedence to their own domestic based corporations and then selling at higher prices to US businesses. The same is true for India, Thailand, and Taiwan.

Business Bites: Are we facing a global recession?

If Chinese and German manufacturing is decreasing think about the effects on the flow of US consumer products made cheaply in Asia and then sent overseas to stores in America. This could hurt retail, logistics, and other places of the economy in general.

This is also why I think China will not think the US is giving them enough demand or is upset they caused the start of the global recession they will start giving manufacturing precedence to their own domestic based corporations and then selling at higher prices to US businesses. The same is true for India, Thailand, and Taiwan.

Well hell Japan already does that too us....and the Tariffs are out the ass there....

I think it's fair to say the days of America's lone status of being the world's biggest military and economic super power are really in the death throws here. It's been too corrupt for too long to survive on top much longer.

You're being overly dramatic. We are far from alone when it comes to economic problems.

All major countries are making mistakes left and right.

Unemployment has risen to 8.3% in July while June's numbers were revised down.

^I love that. In order for the trickle down theory to even work your country has to have an upperclass that is willing to create jobs for the sake of the people and philanthropy and not for their own profits. It turns out in America all the rich people are just even more greedy than we imagined and the Federal government still keeps giving them handouts.

^I love that. In order for the trickle down theory to even work your country has to have an upperclass that is willing to create jobs for the sake of the people and philanthropy and not for their own profits. It turns out in America all the rich people are just even more greedy than we imagined and the Federal government still keeps giving them handouts.

Really, all of them? Every single one of them? Wow....that is something....

^That one I am going to stand by even if it's 67% because if America's wealthy really wanted to end the world's problems it would have been done a long time ago.

^That one I am going to stand by even if it's 67% because if America's wealthy really wanted to end the world's problems it would have been done a long time ago.

:dry:....ok.

I wouldn't be surprised.

There's a good chance that the US and Western Europe might need to come to terms with a decade of high unemployment and low to no growth. We've lived off the bosom of the Chinese and artificially low credit for long enough, this might be the beginning of us weaning ourselves off it. And it might take a long time.

Sometimes I feel like we feel the high growth, low unemployment, low taxes and low interest rates are owed to us. They aren't. More and more we're seeing that politicians are pawns in a game largely dictated to by international markets and global trends.

The Federal government might as well declare a state of national emergency, we are already over 100% of the GDP to Federal debt ratio. As much as it won't get dealt with because of an election year the US is dangerously close to default and bankruptcy is already inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"