Discussion: The North American Union

Exactly and it absolutely disgust me that my tax dollars go to this BS. If the NAU is allowed to come into existence it would make this phenomenon even worse.

How so? We've been interfering in the affairs of the Western hemisphere for well over 100 years now due to our beleif in the Monroe Doctrine. Basically everything would still be the same.

How do you know that? Think about the future of this country also. I believe, based on history, that this country will not be as powerful (in the future) as it is today. All countries and civilizations fade.

With out the NAU. The only way to ensure our country's survival, make us an Economic Powerhouse again, and Balance the Budget is The FairTax. This will make the Nation Strong enough, it could never "fade" away, unless we as a people do it.

It is very disturbing. If this was going to help the American economy and the surrounding countries, why wouldn’t the government be more vocal about it?

Exactly. This is just a situation where Elitist who think they know how we would wish to lives our lives, who think that they are smarter than us, who think that they should control of our daily lives are doing this for us. They don't think that we need to know about it, it's a surprise. "Happy 232th Birthday America, we Sold you out!"

Your tax dollars are already going towards the common defense of Canada considering that they're a part of both NORAD and NATO. Your tax dollars also go towards the defense of Japan and South Korea, Australia and New Zeland since they're part of our ANZUS alliance. And don't forget the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxemborg, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Poland, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Hungary, Turkey, Greece, Bulgaria, and Romania because they're a part of NATO.

And lets not forget all that military assistance we give to Israel, Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Georgia, the Philippines, Taiwan, and many others where they're not obliged to help us back.

Most of what you listed is called Foreign Aid. Hit was a big hit during the 90's. I hope that you don't tell me that that is ok that Clinton did that, but Bush can't send Foreign Aid?

How so? We've been interfering in the affairs of the Western hemisphere for well over 100 years now due to our beleif in the Monroe Doctrine. Basically everything would still be the same.
The Monroe Doctrine just state that all Olde World Powers Militarally Must leave the New World alone. Or they will meet the rath of the the United States. That to me sounds good enough. We don't need a NAU. We don't need someone to Answer to. The Government Should Answer to the People, not some NAU representative!

What's even more disturbing is that Bush did this without a single vote, and not a shred of news has been heard about this. How is it that the President of our country can merge our country with two other countries without a SINGLE vote???
Wasn't it you who would defend about voting for Bush in the first place?! LOL! Hate to say I told you so about that snake but...............eh, why bother saying it. :o

I'm saying that no Latin American nation would join it because they would be too fearful of the United States' political power and it would be the one controlling everything.

Correct.

But you know what will most likely happen then? An important building in the US will mysteriously get attacked by 'dangerous' groups residing within these Latin American nations, and the US will have an excuse to walk in there, destroy the Latin American governments, and erect their own Political Leaders who happen to support American 'diplomatic' policies, especially those that support a North American Union.

This isn't blasphemy. It's no 'consipracy theory', it's happened so many times before. It's happening now. And it will happen again, and again until the agenda of the world's powerful elite has satisfactorily completed it's task.

I think Chavez fears that any leader after him may be a pawn of the US's power elite. This may explain why he wants to stay in power indefinitly, fearing his country may fall into the hands of people who will not look out for the best interest of his people.

Wasn't it you who would defend about voting for Bush in the first place?! LOL! Hate to say I told you so about that snake but...............eh, why bother saying it. :o

There are certain actions Bush has taken that I agree with. This obviously isn't one of them, and for me this is a deal breaker.

And you're right - you shouldn't bother saying it. The other candidate would have been much worse than Bush.

There are certain actions Bush has taken that I agree with. This obviously isn't one of them, and for me this is a deal breaker.

And you're right - you shouldn't bother saying it. The other candidate would have been much worse than Bush.

way to talk hypothetically. we are talking facts. bush is not a good president, he never should have been president, and he continues to ruin this country.

thanks for your vote man. you plunged america into a black hole it will never climb out of.

I think Chavez fears that any leader after him may be a pawn of the US's power elite. This may explain why he wants to stay in power indefinitly, fearing his country may fall into the hands of people who will not look out for the best interest of his people.

No Chavez wants to stay in power indefinetely because he wants to become a democratically elected dictator.

There's a difference between just having unlimited terms and extending them and having those along with being able detain citizens without charge during a state of emergency (which he can declare anytime), redrawing the political map as he sees fit and handpicking local leaders (getting rid or more of his opposition) and other undemocratic elements.

With out the NAU. The only way to ensure our country's survival, make us an Economic Powerhouse again, and Balance the Budget is The FairTax. This will make the Nation Strong enough, it could never "fade" away, unless we as a people do it.
All those can be done without a North American Union, but competing better with the rising economies of Russia, China, and the European Union, a North American Union is necessary.

Most of what you listed is called Foreign Aid. Hit was a big hit during the 90's. I hope that you don't tell me that that is ok that Clinton did that, but Bush can't send Foreign Aid?
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that we've been providing military aid and having alliances with other countries for a long, long time that providing common defense with Mexico and other Latin American nations in a North American Union would make no difference to what we have now.

The Monroe Doctrine just state that all Olde World Powers Militarally Must leave the New World alone. Or they will meet the rath of the the United States. That to me sounds good enough. We don't need a NAU. We don't need someone to Answer to. The Government Should Answer to the People, not some NAU representative!
We've been using the Monroe Doctrine to interfere in Latin America even when no outside Old World power was involved.

Also, you still don't understand how a continental union works. Member nations are still soverign nations responsible to their own people and responsible for their own affairs, not to the union. How the hell are you people not getting this.

No Chavez wants to stay in power indefinetely because he wants to become a democratically elected dictator.

There's a difference between just having unlimited terms and extending them and having those along with being able detain citizens without charge during a state of emergency (which he can declare anytime), redrawing the political map as he sees fit and handpicking local leaders (getting rid or more of his opposition) and other undemocratic elements.
Hippie- I really have no idea what you just said. Chavez closed down opposition Radio. His election is rumored to be riddled with Voter Fraud, he wants to re-write the Constitution.

Hippie- I really have no idea what you just said. Chavez closed down opposition Radio. His election is rumored to be riddled with Voter Fraud, he wants to re-write the Constitution.

I just said that TBadora is wrong that Chavez wants to get rid of term limits for Venezuela and it's people so it won't become an American puppet state.

He's doing it so he can become a democratically elected dictator and in effect get rid of democracy legally. He's doing it for his own personal gain, not Venezuela's.

All those can be done without a North American Union, but competing better with the rising economies of Russia, China, and the European Union, a North American Union is necessary.

The Fairtax Statment was directed to Justin, not you. But a Fairtax would make this country economically powerful ten folds to where we are today. If we are already there defense-wise, why even bother? I believe that we need less government. Not More, and especially not another layer of Government. We barely have control of the People in Washington now, why increase the Governmental Burden we Americans have? We are doing better than Russia anyway. If you break up the EU, we are doing better than most of those individual countries anyway. I do business with people in the EU, it aint all roses and sunshine just because the Euro is worth more than the Dollar. I have people in the Netherlands begging for my business. If their economy is so much better than ours, why are they begging?

Two of the most powerful political parties in the UK want out, The Labor Party and the Conservative Party. How often do they agree? Have you read the critism from the people in Europe that don't want to be apart of this Union? Read about Euroscepticism. They talk about the very thing you deny. They LOST THEIR SOUVEREIGNITY.

way to talk hypothetically. we are talking facts. bush is not a good president, he never should have been president, and he continues to ruin this country.

thanks for your vote man. you plunged america into a black hole it will never climb out of.

No President is truly measured until *after* he/she is out of office. Bush will be the same way. People hate the war in Iraq right now, but in 5 - 10 years who knows how our involvement will have changed things for the better.

As to my vote, Gore or Kerry getting elected would have been FAR worse for this country than Bush, imo. Of course, that's without consulting a crystal ball so I could know for sure ;).

When it comes right down to it, for the most part, I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter who we elect - they all suck. Bush just happens to suck *more* (in my opinion) because of this NAU crap.

No President is truly measured until *after* he/she is out of office. Bush will be the same way. People hate the war in Iraq right now, but in 5 - 10 years who knows how our involvement will have changed things for the better.

As to my vote, Gore or Kerry getting elected would have been FAR worse for this country than Bush, imo. Of course, that's without consulting a crystal ball so I could know for sure ;).

When it comes right down to it, for the most part, I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter who we elect - they all suck. Bush just happens to suck *more* (in my opinion) because of this NAU crap.
We are paddleing the same boat. Bush was great for his response to 9/11. He was great for the Tax Cuts. If this NAU comes to fruitian, he's out in my book. He's already a little on my badside for not embracing the Fairtax.

the blind ignorance in this thread is ridiculous, much less in the country.... enjoy it....

Our military might has nothing to do with our governance. The last 20 years has certainly proven that.

America still thinks it's the most powerfull country in the world.The European Union and the Russian Federation would now tend to differ,i still don't belive this.A secret union being made,what would be the gain from all this?

We are paddleing the same boat. Bush was great for his response to 9/11. He was great for the Tax Cuts. If this NAU comes to fruitian, he's out in my book. He's already a little on my badside for not embracing the Fairtax.

Bush was ******ed with the damn tax cuts. You don't cut taxes when you're at war on par of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Bush was ******ed with the damn tax cuts. You don't cut taxes when you're at war on par of Afghanistan and Iraq.
If you want to pay more to the government. Write a check. They'll take it. I like not having to pay anymore than before.

What's with the avvy?

its the symbol for the band Bad Religion. not my favorite band or anything, but i think the symbol says it all. im not against religious people per say, but the organized religions and what they tell people to do (more the structure than the belief), how they control all of them, its just ridiculous and its no longer just religion, its a number of Bad Religions.

oh and if you believe in creationism... well sorry... but i consider you an idiot who ignores the facts.

(oh and many more than just 'christians' use the cross as a symbol of faith)

The NAU/Amero conspiracy theory has been around for a few years (hell, this isn't even the first thread insisting that it's going to happen). I still don't buy it.

the blind ignorance in this thread is ridiculous, much less in the country.... enjoy it....

Agreed!.......except with your avatar. :p How people can make dumb comments about someone being worse than Bush is beyond me. Dude started a unnecessary war, gas has tripled since he's been in office, economy's in trouble, he's got the whole world pi$$ed at us but you mean to tell me it could have been worse if Kerry or Gore was in?! Unfreakinreal! :whatever:

I would be completely in favor of doing it. Europe has already done it. South America and Africa are doing it. And it would be very convienient for us to have a single currency with Mexico and Canada.

A currency union and forming a North American Union would not threaten our soverignty. We'd still be an independent nation with our own laws with our own traditions with our own government. What it would really do is make us more integrated in a more connected world, provide convienience for us with a common currency, and it's done wonders for Europe.

Exactly, last time I checked members of the EU have maintained their sovereignty.

okay. i've just about had it with this government. and country. i'm forming my own faction of COBRA. who's with me? the first to join up gets to be Destro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"