Disney Buys Marvel!

It would be worth it!! You just have to topple an oppressive communist government to do it. :( Not gonna happen short of an alien invasion or zombie apocalypse.

You'd think DiDio would've lost his job by now, considering all of the restructuring that's been going on at DC lately.

I honestly think if it wasn't for Geoff Johns doing such great work under his watch, Didio would be fired. lol

You'd think DiDio would've lost his job by now, considering all of the restructuring that's been going on at DC lately.

DC's problems really go beyond DiDio if you ask me.

Wonder Woman's problems have resulted in Heinberg being unable to turn in his scripts on time and Amazons Attack certainly didn't help much.

Characters like Aquaman and Hawkman are regarded as a jokes due to past interpretations of the characters, hence why DC is reluctant to make books on them. Getting big name writers like Geoff Johns (who is rumored to eventually take on Aquaman), Grant Morrison, etc. can help fix that.

Superman's biggest problem is the simple fact that Superman doesn't star in his comics for the time being. I think that was a risky gamble on DC's part and it failed. I think things will improve on that front in Superman #700 where Superman returns in the book freaking called Superman.

DC's characters aren't being promoted properly due to the ineptitude of Warner Bros. (who are poorly promoting almost all of their characters like the Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera, etc.) which doesn't create as much brand recognition that there should be. DC Comics' restructuring into DC Entertainment is supposedly meant to deal with this aspect.

And this is a problem for Marvel as well, but I think that DC really needs to improve upon distribution and obtain more licensed properties. Disney and Warner Bros. should try and obtain smaller publishers like Boom (which holds the licenses for Pixar, Muppets, and Mickey Mouse characters, making it a perfect fit for Disney), Dark Horse, Dynamite, etc.

Without turning this into a Marvel vs DC debate, i agree that DC really really needs to work on character promotion. If you look at marvel, the general public is more familiar with their characters because they promote them better. Look at the 90's, Spiderman, X-men, Ironman, Hulk, Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and the Avengers all had their own tv shows. Yeah not all of them were successful but they at least made people aware of the characters. DC has only had a Batman, Superman and Justice League cartoon. While all those cartoons kick ass, they need more solo series for people like Wonder woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Green Arrow, and maybe even Aquaman.

I wont even start talking about the movies, you get the point. lol

DC has a strong list of promotional properties... for Batman. He's had black & white serials, a movie, a TV show, a cartoon, another movie, another movie, another cartoon, a cartoon movie, another movie, another movie, another cartoon, another cartoon, another movie, another cartoon, another movie, and another cartoon.

Meanwhile, Wonder Woman and the Flash have had... a TV show. Woo!

I didn't even think about this till now. Once Disney starts making Marvel cartoons we'll never see them on dvd.:csad: Look at X-men they only needed one more vol, and they didn't finish. Most of their shows only need one more vol.

Look at DC, they have old stuff like almost every season of Super Friends on dvd, and they even have the Plasic Man cartoon.

well they need to put the 60's Batman series on dvd

cant they see there is money to be made in them

I didn't even think about this till now. Once Disney starts making Marvel cartoons we'll never see them on dvd.:csad:
You say that as if we're getting them on DVD right now. X-Men Evolution was (oddly enough) a Warner Bros. production, and (if you'll excuse my slang) ain't naaah DVD on the shelf.

You say that as if we're getting them on DVD right now. X-Men Evolution was (oddly enough) a Warner Bros. production, and those season 1-2 DVDs got discontinued as soon as they axed the show. I don't know if a third season DVD set was released, but I'm pretty sure the fourth season never saw a DVD at all.
X-men Evolution got a third season on dvd. Least all the episodes are on Hulu.

And Lionsgate while taking their time are at least going to put out all of W and the X-men and that Iron Man cartoon.

Disney has no clue how to sell season sets of shows. Even their most popular show fail to get more then one season set and a few vols. They are pretty good at putting almost all of a lot of their shows online though.

Last edited:
X-men Evolution got a third season on dvd. Least all the episodes are on Hulu.

And Lionsgate while taking their time are at least going to put out all of W and the X-men and that Iron Man cartoon.

Disney has no clue how to sell season sets of shows. Even their most popular show fail to get more then one season set and a few vols. They are pretty good at putting almost all of a lot of their shows on dvd though.
Damn. You caught me before my more succinct edit.

And you've got a point. I mean, when Hannah Montana can't get a decent DVD boxset...

Girls just don't have any interest in watching it on dvd I guess. Lizzie Mcguire had the same problem. Had only one season.

Look at their animation from the 80s and 90s. Gargoyles, The Tick, Ducktails, Talespin, X-men, ect, only need one or two more vol to finish the series. Disney has no interest.

no i was more like asking why you were looking for a Hannah Montana boxed set

Why can't Hannah Montana get a decent DVD boxset? No clue. I tried looking for one for my sister when I was Christmas shopping, but it looks like they released only the first season on DVD, then decided to stick with a bunch of small releases with only a couple of episodes on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"