Disney Buys Marvel!

It would be worth it!! You just have to topple an oppressive communist government to do it. :( Not gonna happen short of an alien invasion or zombie apocalypse.

You'd still have to deal with the massive amounts of media piracy as well.

First time posting on this subject. I was so upset when I first heard. But then when I thought about it, Comics are in serious trouble and well with Disney being behind Marvel, they aren't going anywhere now.

apparently, and this is merely rumor at this point, Disney is expected to lay out their plans for Marvel sometime this spring or summer

apparently, and this is merely rumor at this point, Disney is expected to lay out their plans for Marvel sometime this spring or summer

Hmm... SDCC '10 perhaps? I wouldnt be surprised...

As long as it includes a Gargoyles comic by Greg Weisman with a great artist, it'll be worth the wait. :o

But it would make me so happy... :csad:

Hmm... SDCC '10 perhaps? I wouldnt be surprised...

As long as it includes an on-time Gargoyles comic by Greg Weisman with a great artist, it'll be worth the wait. :o
Fixed that for you. We've already gotten Weisman Gargoyles comics from Top Shelf that were pretty good, but unless they can nail Weisman and his artist(s) down to a somewhat consistent schedule--not necessarily even monthly, just something consistent--I'm not even going to bother. I really got into the Bad Guys mini that Top Shelf was pooping out one issue for every half-dozen months or more, and now it's probably never going to be finished. I don't need that kind of heartbreak again. :csad:

One thing than needs to happen here is Spectacular Spider-Man being picked up for at least another 26 episodes. The best Spider-Man adaptation of all-time deserves better than just two seasons.

One thing than needs to happen here is Spectacular Spider-Man being picked up for at least another 26 episodes.

well Disney XD did air the unaired 2nd season episodes....if that gives any hope...

I say commission one more season for the hell of it

Well, we'll definitely be getting more cartoons, if not necessarily more Spectacular Spider-Man. I hope the pendulum swings back to more faithful animated interpretations of the characters, though. I don't need to see more Iron Man: Armored Adventures-style pieces of crap.

One of the very few shows I couldn't even make it through one episode of. I mean, I suppose it might be a cool story about a tween who gets to wear armor and be a superhero if you know virtually nothing about Iron Man. But I know plenty about Iron Man, so I just couldn't get past the fact that the tween revamp robs the show of some of the best aspects of Iron Man--namely, Tony Stark's entire womanizing *****ebag-with-a-heart-of-gold persona.

show of some of the best aspects of Iron Man--namely, Tony Stark's entire womanizing *****ebag-with-a-heart-of-gold persona.

With that kind of description in mind, I honestly don't know how they could have cast the IM movie better. Robert Downy Jr brings so much baggage with him already, he feels like TS before the camera even starts to roll.

Yeah, I think that's why a lot of us were excited at the mere mention of his name when he was cast. :hehe:

I never did get around to watching Spectacular Spider-Man, so the only decent Marvel cartoon I've seen lately has been the Squaddies.

im trying to like SSM but its too much with the HS drama and the art still bugs me

Since we're getting a Tron comic here soon.... I want my ****ing Gargoyles, Marvel. :o

Is the Tron one by Marvel? I think a Gargoyles comic could happen they're doing Ducktales & Darkwing comics right now.

Aren't Ducktales and Darkwing Duck under Boom comics though?

Is the Tron one by Marvel? I think a Gargoyles comic could happen they're doing Ducktales & Darkwing comics right now.

Yeah Marvel's doing Tron and I think Marvel would be the one that would do Gargoyles.

The Boom/Disney comics apply to the Muppets, Pixar, and Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck characters (which Darkwing Duck and Uncle Scrooge fall under) and I don't see Disney wanting to expand upon that considering that they now own their own comic book company, hence why we're seeing Marvel publish Tron and CrossGen.

It'd be great to see a Pirates of the Caribbean comic.

A jack Sparrow comic would probably sell very well.I might pick up the Tron comics.

I want to see an American Dragon : Jake Long comic book. Maybe have him join the Young Avengers or the Runaways.

I probably wouldn't read a Pirates of the Caribbean comic. The only real appeal of it is Depp's performance for me. And Keira Knightley's easy on the eyes, too. ;)

But I would definitely check out another stab at a Gargoyles comic. Although Weisman's experiences with Marvel and Disney might prevent him from participating in it, which would probably doom it to failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"