Disney Infinity Platform

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Iceman, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-15/disney-sees-profit-from-jack-sparrow-playing-with-buzz.html

2. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Disney Infinity sounds intriguing especially with all the franchises that it's crossing over. I wonder if they'll add in Marvel, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars with the lot that has already been announced.

EDIT: And I think this is going to put a serious dent into Skylanders.

3. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

It sounds great. There's many things and many ways they can go about it. If they add or promise Star Wars and Marvel franchises, then I'll have to buy it lol.

4. TX85 Registered

Skylanders But with tons of Disney&Pixar characters!?..I like it,I bet there saving Marvel&Star Wars for DLC.

5. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Would be the perfect platform for showcasing the variety and sheer number of awesome characters Disney now has control over. If/when they add in the ones you mentioned EVERYONE will have to get it!

6. TX85 Registered

I wonder IF it'll be kinda expensive as Skylanders

7. Soapy Registered

Are they only doing modern Disney stuff in this?

8. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Disney Infinity will launch at $75 with the main game, three figures (Captain Jack Sparrow, Mr. Incredible, and Sully), three play sets (Monster's University, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Incredibles), and the base. A three pack of figures costs $30. And individual figures cost $15. Pretty similar to Skylanders in these regards.

Where Disney Infinity differs is that they offer packs of power disks for $5 and will offer expansions of the game (Nightmare Before Christmas, Toy Story, Cars) for $35. They aren't going to be making multiple sequels to this game, it's going to be continually expanding and getting bigger. This is different than Activision putting out $75 sequels every year.

9. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

I think in the end, Avalanche is going to try to include as much stuff as possible. 1993's the Nightmare Before Christmas was shown in the trailer, so it's not just recent stuff. I would be surprised not to see Star Wars, Marvel Comics, Indiana Jones, the Muppets, Alice and Wonderland, the Mickey Mouse Gang, the Little Mermaid, Gargoyles, and whatnot.

10. Wolfwood Shasta McNasty

I'd get this so that I could introduce the world of Monster's Inc to Jack Skellington. :o

11. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

12. TX85 Registered

Pretty cool trailer

13. X Knight Straight Edge

so wait.....this is a stand alone system??

or do you have to plug it in to a PS3 or 360 console??

14. TX85 Registered

The game is a console disc

15. X Knight Straight Edge

oh, I see.

16. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

I loved the trailer, and it's an interesting concept. I would play the heck out of this game if I had the money to buy packs. 75 is just pretty steep for me. Seriously this is like my dream game, but I can't buy all that stuff

17. Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Very cool trailer, I'm really intrigued by this. But will have to wait and see. Kinda wish it wasn't about the figures and just a disc based game.

18. X Knight Straight Edge

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict............Disney will release Princess figures and use that to attract girl gamers..........lol

although, imagine the possibilities..........

A Super Smash Bros style game featuring the Disney Princesses to see once and for all which Princess reigns supreme!!!

19. Mrs. Sawyer Registered

Same here, I probably won't buy it until I know Star Wars and Marvel packs are coming.

20. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I was watching Bloomberg TV recently & they were talking about the most bankable characters and the Disney Princesses were right at the top with Star Wars next. I don't know why Disney wouldn't put ALL their properties into this thing.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/disn...-brand-characters-DhOuYMGtTymbnzcnWaG_LQ.html

21. Donut Registered

22. X Knight Straight Edge

yeah, I caught that Bloomberg report, too.

That's why when that one Disney exec, or whoever he was, said after Tangled that Disney was done with princess movies and that girls don't want to be princesses anymore, I was like..........WTF!!!???? :wow: :doh:

obviously..........:o

23. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah I worded that funny looking back. It was more an "I don't know any reason why they wouldn't" ..as in I'm confident every Disney property will be in at some stage.

That movie was awesome & I thought it did ok at the box office?

24. X Knight Straight Edge

Tangled IS AWESOME!!! one of my favorites ( if not my favorite )!! lol

and yeah, I thought it did pretty well, BO-wise and critics-wise, too.......

I guess Disney perceived the prior film, Princess and the Frog, as a "failure" or not performing as well as they thought ( even though, from what I understand, that didn't do too bad, either ).

apparently, they thought the word "princess" was so toxic, that's why they changed the name of Rapunzel to Tangled, and had the marketing focus more on Flynn, to attract the "boy audience." Not enough boys went to see Princess and the Frog cuz it had the word Princess in its title, I guess.........:huh:

fortunately, it seems that Disney exec who said no more princess movies either didn't get the memo, or Disney had its sense knocked back in, because their 12th Princess, Princess Anna, will make her debut in their next computer animated film, Frozen, this November.........and I'm sure she'll be coming to an Infinity platform near you, too.

no more princess movies........bull****!!! :o

#24 X Knight, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  25. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I don't know much about Princess & The Frog so I guess either it's not been marketed properly or...is it a full on Disney classic with the same quality as Tangled?