Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 based on The Secret Wars?

I think for the hardcore Marvel fans we're not gonna see it as catching up to DCUO, but rather coming out with a better alternative for us. And hell, I think the story of DCUO really sort of limits your creativity in creating a hero/villain in some ways.

That's one thing I don't have to deal with in CoH. Their "big guns" are guys like Statesman and Positron, who I can fully ignore the existence of if I want to. But when I share a world with Superman and Batman or Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four, I have to conform to their preset limits in that world.

I hope they'll change the gameplay if we see a MUA3. Doing something similar like DCUO would be great. DCUO plays kinda similar to the XML/MUA series, what they do different though, is to give everyone different combo sets.

In XML/MUA, everyone has the same stun, sweep and uppercut combo. Doesn't matter if they are Ironman, Spider-Man, Wolverine, etc. In DCUO, a martial artist will execute a completely different attack, than a hand blaster.

A combo I love in DCUO, as a handblaster, I fire two normal beam attacks, hold the button for a charged attack and with another tap of the button I'll hurl a giant energy ball. And that's just a normal combo, using my primary combat skills and not my powerset, which lets me throw fireballs, ignite or detonate people.

That would be really cool if they came out with another game but I remember being on this board for a year waiting and waiting.

MUA2 was delayed about a year and there were characters that were left out that would have made the game better:

Silver Surfer
Black Bolt
Vision

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"