Disney+

I watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame a few days ago for the first time in years. It's pretty good save for most of the parts with the gargoyles, specifically the way out of place sidekick song that doesn't belong but has to be in there because Disney. :o

Yeah, my single biggest gripe with Hunchback is the gargoyles. They just don't fit and the sidekick song was a particularly big mistake. And it's not the song itself as much as where they placed it in the story.
Paris is being burned down, people are dying, Frollo is going insane - it's not the time for a wacky comedy song. It should have occurred far earlier in the story if they really felt it was needed.

I think if they'd dialed back the gargoyles by 50% and moved the song to somewhere a lot earlier, it would have been much better.

Why the absolute **** is the 60s Spider-Man cartoon not on this service??

Yeah, my single biggest gripe with Hunchback is the gargoyles. They just don't fit and the sidekick song was a particularly big mistake. And it's not the song itself as much as where they placed it in the story.
Paris is being burned down, people are dying, Frollo is going insane - it's not the time for a wacky comedy song. It should have occurred far earlier in the story if they really felt it was needed.

I think if they'd dialed back the gargoyles by 50% and moved the song to somewhere a lot earlier, it would have been much better.
Disney really had a lot of hubris when it came to Hunchback. They had a string of hits from The Little Mermaid to The Lion King and figured they could do anything at that point. I don't know how you take a dark-ass Victor Hugo book and turn it into an animated family film without it being an absolute trainwreck but they did it, Burger King kids meal toys and all.

I only got Disney + for the Star Wars and Marvel content. Since Mandalorian ended I havent spend much time on there.

Disney really had a lot of hubris when it came to Hunchback. They had a string of hits from The Little Mermaid to The Lion King and figured they could do anything at that point. I don't know how you take a dark-ass Victor Hugo book and turn it into an animated family film without it being an absolute trainwreck but they did it, Burger King kids meal toys and all.

I think the main successes of Hunchback are the music, which is fantastic, and the voice cast who all did an awesome job. Tom Hulce can sing, who knew?? I also really liked the way they handled Clopin, who might be Disney's first strictly amoral character.

I watched The Hunchback of Notre Dame a few days ago for the first time in years. It's pretty good save for most of the parts with the gargoyles, specifically the way out of place sidekick song that doesn't belong but has to be in there because Disney. :o

But Hunchback, while nowhere near as popular as The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast, is still pretty well known since it's part of the Disney Renaissance. If you want a real underrated gem, check out Bedknobs and Broomsticks. It's like Mary Poppins bkobut with a battle between Nazis and an undead army of ghost soldiers in walking suits of armor.
Seen Bedknobs and Broomsticks way too many times. Definitely worth a watch. I have to get around to seeing The Apple Dumpling Gang at some point because my Mom loves that one.

Disney Insider's first episode is alright but I really like these type of shows on the service and so I'll be checking out the future episodes!

Last edited:
Why the absolute **** is the 60s Spider-Man cartoon not on this service??
There's a few episodes that could be considered culturally outdated/racist stereotypes, still don't see why they can't add it. They own it. Get rid of the insensitive episodes or put a disclaimer.

They already have a disclaimer they've been using for those things on their older cartoons, so I doubt that's the reason.

I'm craving the 67' series to be added bad. I can't recall what those controversial moments/episodes are.

So how many mcu films are still not available in D+?

I think Infinity War and Antman and the Wasp are the two that’s left (they should come to D+ in the summer) Both Spider-Man films and TIH won’t be coming though...unless some deal gets cut with Sony and Universal

I think Infinity War and Antman and the Wasp are the two that’s left (they should come to D+ in the summer) Both Spider-Man films and TIH won’t be coming though...unless some deal gets cut with Sony and Universal
Oh that sounds Marvelous. How about the foX-Marvel movies?

Logged in this morning. Lots of choice on there so far. Started with Ducktales and then went onto Gumi Bears!!! Re-living my Saturday mornings!! haha.

Enjoying it so far especially The Mandalorian but watched the new Jungle Book the other night as still hadn’t seen it and enjoyed it a lot.

Enjoying it so far especially The Mandalorian but watched the new Jungle Book the other night as still hadn’t seen it and enjoyed it a lot.
Yeah the Jungle Book and Cinderella are the main reasons I take no issue with these live-action remakes. When done well, they're very worthwhile, imo.

I just started The Runaways. So far so good. I've only watched the first 2 episodes.

I watched Aladdin again. The Will Smith one.

Yeah the Jungle Book and Cinderella are the main reasons I take no issue with these live-action remakes. When done well, they're very worthwhile, imo.

Yeah Cinderella won't be for me :D:. But I think the live action Lion King will be next.

BTW Flickchick, was trying to find the thread for Jungle Book 2016 and couldn't find it anywhere, are some threads getting deleted as had this problem with a couple of others as well.

I just started The Runaways. So far so good. I've only watched the first 2 episodes.

I watched Aladdin again. The Will Smith one.

Runaways I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons, hope Season 3 comes to Disney Plus UK soon.

Yeah Cinderella won't be for me :D:. But I think the live action Lion King will be next.

BTW Flickchick, was trying to find the thread for Jungle Book 2016 and couldn't find it anywhere, are some threads getting deleted as had this problem with a couple of others as well.
As far as I know, nothing's been deleted, but the migration to the new server wreaked havoc on the archiving and search function, so it only shows really old (or in some cases really recent) results. The tech folks are aware of the issue so hopefully it will work again soon. But right now I guess the only way to find the Jungle Book thread is to manually wade back through each page of the Misc. Films board, which I'd imagine would be pretty time consuming.

As far as I know, nothing's been deleted, but the migration to the new server wreaked havoc on the archiving and search function, so it only shows really old (or in some cases really recent) results. The tech folks are aware of the issue so hopefully it will work again soon. But right now I guess the only way to find the Jungle Book thread is to manually wade back through each page of the Misc. Films board, which I'd imagine would be pretty time consuming.

Thanks for the info FC yeah I don't want to wade through all those pages so I will wait for the issues to be sorted.

Is the live action Cinderella on Disney+? Last time I looked it wasn't there.

Given the $15 million being spent on The Mandalorian per episode, and the three MCU shows that are on the way, I think there could've been a lot more potential for The Lion Guard if it was released on Disney+ instead.

I didn't think it was badly animated like a lot of people did; but if there was a higher budget for the animation, and the show was treated as a legitimate franchise entry instead of being 'for preschoolers', it could've had a far larger fan base - and could've been a comeback for 2D animation.

A concept for a show that could've been very popular, piloted before the actual release of Disney+ by a mere four years... And the final product will forever make Chicken Little feel like Green Book, although it did give birth to my favorite character in the franchise ever, Jasiri. :yay:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"