Disney+

I'd like to be able to cancel my subscription if they keep doing this nonsense to films, but the fact is Disney+ has movies in 4K that arent on disc yet, and they are going to be releasing star wars and marvel material. Theyve got me by the shoet and curlies and they know it.

VagueOilyGecko-size_restricted.gif

I'd like to be able to cancel my subscription if they keep doing this nonsense to films, but the fact is Disney+ has movies in 4K that arent on disc yet, and they are going to be releasing star wars and marvel material. Theyve got me by the shoet and curlies and they know it.

VagueOilyGecko-size_restricted.gif

IMHO it's still a good argument for owning physical media, if only to preserve the original unedited versions of things.

But I mean just to your point, we can't even get X-Men: The Animated Series on Blu-ray, but at least here, we have a way to watch it complete and in order.

Anyone else been experience lag or just D+ cutting off completely? I have to hard re-boot my PS4 when it comes up saying there is no internet signal.

IMHO it's still a good argument for owning physical media, if only to preserve the original unedited versions of things.

But I mean just to your point, we can't even get X-Men: The Animated Series on Blu-ray, but at least here, we have a way to watch it complete and in order.

Is X-Men TAS any better quality than the dvds?

It somehow looks even worse than I'd imagined when I read about this. :funny:
I thought, "how bad could it be? They are the ones behind some big time CGI spectacles." Then I saw it. B-movies with shoestring budgets do a better job.

saw martin princes butt in an episode last night

To me, the proper thing for Disney to do would be to give fans the option to watch slightly edited versions of these and then provide the unedited versions with a mild warning.

Look they already have warnings about culturally insensitive material in the older movies and cartoons. Fans do not like it when you shadily censor their content like this.

Disney is a family company, they try to keep a balanced in keeping that image in tact. Unfortunately most other companies aren’t that consistent. Especially 20 century Fox, which they’ve acquired. Censorship is unfortunately needed since you have a family base site that is primarily for kids, however is also accessible for families and adults to enjoy.

They have Hulu for the slightly more adult content. No censorship necessary.

Disney is a family company, they try to keep a balanced in keeping that image in tact. Unfortunately most other companies aren’t that consistent. Especially 20 century Fox, which they’ve acquired. Censorship is unfortunately needed since you have a family base site that is primarily for kids, however is also accessible for families and adults to enjoy.
I fundamentally disagree, and that's without me thinking that American ideas of what is "family friendly" is completely absurd. Pandering to protective parents is not an excuse for censorship. If a movie doesn't fit their precious "image", then don't put it on the service.

But the most outrageous part is just how flagrantly sexist it all is. As others have already mentioned, male butts are apparently just fine for "the children", but those darn female seductresses have to cover up with digital fur technology! :o

Anyway, all this made me very happy to see Netflix's stock eclipse Disney today. So much for everyone who insisted Disney+ would "end" Netflix.

Anyway, all this made me very happy to see Netflix's stock eclipse Disney today. So much for everyone who insisted Disney+ would "end" Netflix.

Because they have no parks, no cruise lines, no ESPN, no blockbuster movies in cinemas...
Netflix does still have a lot licenses titles (see how popular Despicable Me is at the moment)
This will end when HBO Max, Peacock,... will be competitors.
Netflix has Stranger Things, but besides not much (unless they make another Tiger King)
The Witcher was not the new GoT and was outshadowed by Mandalorian when it was released

Price of stock is a really, really poor way to evaluate the value of a company.

To me, the proper thing for Disney to do would be to give fans the option to watch slightly edited versions of these and then provide the unedited versions with a mild warning.

Look they already have warnings about culturally insensitive material in the older movies and cartoons. Fans do not like it when you shadily censor their content like this.

Yeah they could. Vudu has a Family Play option that allows the viewer to watch a film without material that they find inappropriate. But Disney is too much of a contol freak and a nanny to do anything like that.

Last edited:
I wonder if they havent added the fourth pirates film to D+ because of the mermaids being nude with visible breasts?

On Stranger Tides was on Disney+, it came off with a few other films like Home Alone because of other licensing deals.

Then don't put Splash and Simpsons on Disney+.

They should obviously protect the family brand, but they need to loosen up a bit otherwise they just don't narrow the customer base, but risk alienating a great number of people. One thing I am certain of, Rickey Strauss and Agnes Chu are out of their depths and completely inadequate. They need to be replaced just as a broad signal call for change. It's understandable to be overly cautious when you launch a service which you know a lot of families will purchase right off the hop, but now it's about growing beyond that built-in demo. Hulu will be the place for adult content, but I don't expect it to ever be the driver of all their streaming platforms like Disney + is (maybe ESPN if they put the major sports on the app), so it's important they get it right. Iger was supposed to fix the strategy before he reclaimed the CEO role, so it's anybody's guess how long a course correction may take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"