1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Disney+

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by spiderman2, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (she/her)

Tim Allen will come for you via Twitter. :o

2. Albright No soup for you!

Let him come

3. Teelie Jokerface

40ish minutes or so.

4. DarkKnight88 Registered

5. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (she/her)

Lord have mercy that the last thing you see is his weird beard before he comes. :o

6. LoganPool Fear is Not My Guide

I never expected a show like the Santa Clauses to mimic Avengers: Infinity War...

When "the magic of Christmas" gets to a dangerously low level, elves literally start turning to dust (or, in this case, glitter), just like after Thanos snapped his fingers. They even went as far as having one elf mimic Peter Parker by saying "Santa, I don't feel well. Something's happening."

7. Albright No soup for you!

Disney Announces Reduced Movies & TV Output for 2023

So with the incoming price rises, the add tier we‘re getting less content than this year? And this in times where money is worth less because of the results of inflation and energy costs.
    I guess I‘ll cancel my annual subscription and come back for monthly subscriptions, when good stuff will be released…

8. Teelie Jokerface

That is one reason I never do yearly subscriptions for streaming. They can and will just yank things or reduce content on a whim to drive up profits.

9. Albright No soup for you!

Another reason is, that Disney hasn’t officially announced any new release date besides Mandalorian and Bad Batch for 2023.
    Its not 2020 any more, where a new season the Mandalorian (though cool of course) creates enough excitement for subscribers.
    We only know that Secret Invasion will come sometime in spring.

10. DarkKnight88 Registered

I hope they start releasing these things on physical media soon. I know they want exclusive access to their streamers, but even just releasing the first season 4K of Mandalorian would go a long way.

Teelie and Drizzle like this.
  11. Drizzle Registered

I would buy them but I've given up hope at this point. It's been three years since Mando S1 and given how their theatrical releases have been hitting Disney+ weeks before a physical release the writing's on the wall that physical media isn't a priority in their eyes.

12. NotNickFury Registered

I wouldn't bet on it, unfortunately. I get why, the companies want to attract people to the services first. But at the same time, people do still consume physical media and it's nice to have access without an internet connection.

It's why I respect that Netflix will occasionally put out shows on Blu-Ray like Stranger Things, House of Cards or, for awhile, the Marvel Netflix shows. Same with DC shows like Titans, Doom Patrol, and Swamp Thing also getting physical releases. I feel like if Disney wanted to do physical releases for their shows, they would have by now. Because I'd absolutely watch shows like The Mandalorian on Blu-Ray if that was an option.

Teelie, DarkKnight88 and Drizzle like this.
  13. Teelie Jokerface

And given how we have seen, nothing on streaming is necessarily always going to be there (ala HBO Max removing content from the internet) I prefer to keep physical media so I can watch something without having to hunt for what service has it or whether it is still even available to stream.

And Disney is notorious for it's "vault" method of holding content hostage on physical media. I feel it is only a matter of time before they begin vauling their digital too.

Drizzle likes this.
  14. Drizzle Registered

You never know, but I like to think that their vault method won't ever apply to their streaming library, at least not for the big draws like the Disney Animation classics, Pixar, Star Wars or Marvel. It's interesting to think about how many potential sales they missed out on by taking heavy hitters like Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King off the home video market for years at a time with that practice.

15. DarkKnight88 Registered

I could see them eventually making a more expensive option like Disney + Vault, where they’ll put some older seasons of shows in, or the older animated films, and make you pay extra kind of deal to access it.

16. Snow Queen Maybe Someday (she/her)

I'd like blu-ray/4K right away of course, but I could understand and work with something like "a year after the series is over" at least. Please. I beg of you.

17. Drizzle Registered

Don't go giving them ideas now. :o

18. Sithborg Gundam Utena

Just laughing with how Netflix just announced a My Hero Academia adaptation.

19. Shinobi Shaw The Upstart Black King

I just finished watching the Beauty And The Beast 30th Anniversary special, and dare I say, I liked the performances MUCH better than the lifeless live action remake.

Very well produced. HER, Josh Groban and Shania Twain did their thing.

20. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I liked when she pulled out that electric guitar at the end during the final number. But overall the special was boring

21. Pennywise Registered

22. Albright No soup for you!

looks good, probably everything what will come within the first half of 2023.
    Then again January will be a drought phase (except the last 2 episodes of Willow and maybe BP2)

23. Sithborg Gundam Utena

Bad Batch.

flickchick85 likes this.
  24. Albright No soup for you!

I didn’t forgot it, I just didn’t mention it…

25. Albright No soup for you!

I bet, we haven’t heared much regarding to January because Wakanda Forever will be released within the first 2 weeks. It was similar with Thor and MoM