Disney's Wreck-It Ralph - coming 2012

I think it was wise to keep the cameos to a minimum, since it allowed the original characters to be more developed (plus, Felix and Ralph are stand-ins for Mario and Donkey Kong).

Plus as some have pointed out, a lot of popular video game characters, weren't so prominent in arcades anyway.

They're probably saving something like that for a sequel.

I hope so. I'd definitely love to see all the video game heroes take on an evil army. Kinda like in Kingdom Hearts II. When you were getting overrun by a Heartless army and Disney, as well as Final Fantasy characters, were taking part in the fight.

I think it was wise to keep the cameos to a minimum, since it allowed the original characters to be more developed (plus, Felix and Ralph are stand-ins for Mario and Donkey Kong).

Plus as some have pointed out, a lot of popular video game characters, weren't so prominent in arcades anyway.

Not saying other characters should have taken over the Movie. But it would have been cool had they done something more vital than just stand around. Like a bug getting Hadokened, when it tries to eat Ralph. That's all.

I'm actually watching it with my daughter right now. For the ump-teenth time! We love it!

I'd wager that part of the reason the cameo characters weren't featured more heavily was due to licensing fees. I imagine the more those characters are on screen, the more Disney had to pay to Capcom, Sega, Nintendo, and the others.

I know Mario would have been a grip to have onscreen for a full minute.

It would have been neat if Felix had an old rival, the way Mario had Sonic. But I don't think they thought that far ahead.

I'm actually watching it with my daughter right now. For the ump-teenth time! We love it!

I'd wager that part of the reason the cameo characters weren't featured more heavily was due to licensing fees. I imagine the more those characters are on screen, the more Disney had to pay to Capcom, Sega, Nintendo, and the others.

Nintendo was rumored to be asking for too much for Mario…

Now though, they totally want a piece of the action.

Finally saw this last weekend, loved it! Definitely agree that it should have won the Oscar over Brave, which was visually fantastic but hampered by a meandering narrative.

I would have given it the award for the Oreo joke alone. :)

I hope so. I'd definitely love to see all the video game heroes take on an evil army. Kinda like in Kingdom Hearts II. When you were getting overrun by a Heartless army and Disney, as well as Final Fantasy characters, were taking part in the fight.

Not saying other characters should have taken over the Movie. But it would have been cool had they done something more vital than just stand around. Like a bug getting Hadokened, when it tries to eat Ralph. That's all.

i think you have the right idea for the cameos, have some major set piece at the end with huge fight and just focus on raplh trying to get through with cameos appearing at the side

Nintendo was rumored to be asking for too much for Mario…

Now though, they totally want a piece of the action.

kinda screams the whole barbie and toy story thing

sonic spin attack, mario jumping on things or something to clear his way

Last edited:
I loved the product placement. I think it was great how King Candy was eaten by the virus and miraculously shows up at the end as a mutant.

Last edited:
The virus thing you can attest to Candy's already ****ed up code from the previous hints. He may have manipulated the Cy-Bug's code.

The virus thing you can attest to Candy's already ****ed up code from the previous hints. He may have manipulated the Cy-Bug's code.
His manipulation to the code has to be done in the flies room, as he did in every instance he did previously in the movie. To manipulate the Cy-Bug's code he would have to go back to that room to recode the Cy-Bug like he did before in all of his previous alterations to the grid. He didn't have magical powers to change the grid at a whim, it was shown he went to the code room where he did all the altering previously. But how did survive the virus's jaws?

Last edited:
It was previously stated that the Cy-Bugs became everything they ate. So essentially, since King Candy was a sentient being with an already tweaked code, he merged with him, while still retaining the basic instincts of the cy-bug.

Are people seriously debating the logistics of a kids movie about living video game characters.

You forget where you are all of a sudden?

I bought it quite recently, and the logistics of such a world are on my mind at the time.

Just watched it today, was a very good movie, with them stating that Penélope was an accident waiting to happen i thought the Glitch could cause her to disappear at any moment, or something like that.

About King Candy, those bugs absorb whatever they eat, they are mindless and only multiply and conquer, Candy's code was already f**** up, i doubt he would be able to create a perfect code for this game to his appearance when he's not even part of the game, after being caught in the glitch he was even more unstable, being absorbed and taking over the bug makes sence, he still had their characteristics after all. Does everything really have to be explained? It's not as if it was a complete "where did this come from" moment, the bugs taking characteristics was already foreshadowed in the movie.

It's not Pixar, so the chances of it being any good is slim.

I thought that too, but it wasn't, Disney has been surprising me, their last 2 3D films have been good enough to even rival the first 11 Pixar films. Not so happy about the idea of a sequel, but if they can bring a film as good then i'm open to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"