• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Disney's Wreck-It Ralph - coming 2012

Thankfully no.

Well, that's not fair. I kind of liked the third Aladdin movie.

Direct to VHS doesn't count as "Disney animated canon".

Yup, what Thundercrack said.
And I agree, I like some of the DTV movies.
Cinderella III for instance LOL :woot:

The Aladdin sequels are pretty much an extension of the animated series.

The aladdin sequels are cannon to my knowledge and are separate from the aladdin tv show. Return of jafar came out before the tv show.

They even got robin williams to come back for the last one.

The short, Paperman, was also incredible and should win an Oscar.

Walt Disney Animation Studios have only ever released 1 sequel in it's official canon, and that was The Rescuers Down Under.

If Wreck-It Ralph has amazing legs, and odds are it will, I'm positive Disney will put a greenlight for a theatrical sequel or TV series. But there won't be a DTV animated sequel, as Disney has thankfully ditched that DTV animated sequel tendency in the past few years.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Frozen too (Disney's re-telling of The Snow Queen). First it was gonna be hand-drawn, then the film was put on ice (no pun intended), then it was revisited and given the greenlight; albeit with an animation change (CGI) and title change :oldrazz:

If it turns out as good as Tangled, then it should be another notch in Disney's in-house CGI animation cap. Pixar seems to be floundering these days.

The short, Paperman, was also incredible and should win an Oscar.

Agreed! I absolutely loved that short! Was not expecting that! :wow:

I would love to see a full-length feature employ that exact same technique of blending CG with traditional hand-drawn animation.

If it turns out as good as Tangled, then it should be another notch in Disney's in-house CGI animation cap. Pixar seems to be floundering these days.

Brave isn't that bad, so I don't think it's fair to call Pixar "floundering". Cars 2 is imo their worst effort ever though, so I hope they won't greenlight Cars 3 and just keep making money off merchandising and their new Carsland attraction over at California Adventures Park.

With Cars 3 they can add billions more.

I think Pixar has peaked since Toy Story 3.

Wreck-It Ralph was better than Brave.

I liked Brave. I just think they should have kept the original title, because the bear thing threw people off.

To me this is on par with any Pixar movie...as for the short at the beginning...that was better than any short i've seen Pixar do. I was in awe the whole time.

It was gorgeous and heart felt. I want a movie in that style. Just gorgeous.

Just got out.

From the short film to the movie itself, the whole thing was just fantastic. Good story, heart, animation, etc.

Going in, my only reservation was Venelope and more so Sarah Silverman as the voice. I was afraid she'd be annoying but she was actually very cute and charming.

Outstanding...definitely up there with what Pixars churned out the past few years.

Finally got to seeing this and loved every minute of it. One of my favs this year.

I saw it today and liked it, but I was a little disappointed that most of the film was spent in the candy game. I was kind of expecting/hoping that Ralph's adventure would lead him through a series of different games. Perhaps they'll explore it more in the sequel. None the less, I still enjoyed it and it was very funny.

Just saw this film. Loved every bit of it. Possibly my favorite animated film of the year. I did love brave too though.

I have just returned from seeing this movie. I absolutely loved it!

It was one awesome moment to another, from seeing the old arcades going through the first sequence (They had the Turtles in Time cabinet!), seeing the homage to the original Donkey Kong arcade. It was a thrilling visual experience, so different from what CGI films look like, combining elements 2D to 3D, learning about the "rules" of this videogame world, and the so many cameos here and everywhere.

I must admit I was very impressed with the story, it had some red herrings that were nicely used. I specially liked the scene where King Candy comes to Ralph to tell him about the "truth" of Vanellope, it fooled me and made real painful what Ralph did to protect her. The scene was just intense, and through the film, the interactions between Ralph and Vanellope were nice and poignant too.

And talking about King Candy/Turbo, he earned a spot in my pantheon of supervillans. He was just so mean and evil, and very creepy and threatening too. His demise was fitting, but a little unsettling, which was great too.

All in all, this film had fun, heart and emotion. Very, very recommended!

PD: Also, the short film about paper planes... it was just high art!

The short film, La Luna, before brave was pretty great also

Excellent film, enjoyed it quite a bit. Probably in my top 3 of the year.

I think I can safely say Wreck-It Ralph is my favorite movie of the year, so far. The animation was so great, and the script was just brilliant, in every regard. So many twists. So many puns. I loved it.
And Paperman was great as well. I was a little apprehensive about it when I heard the animation was combination CG and cel-animation, but it worked beautifully.

Finally got around to seeing it. Great movie. Exceeded my expectations (which were pretty high)

Sonic wasn't in it very much, but it was still a great movie. The Hero's Duty scene was incredible. Loved that they tossed in a Metal Gear Solid reference!

Kinda mixed on the ending though..

the people of niceland accepted Ralph, but they still wouldn't let him live in their apartment complex? What's with that? Yeah, he's got a house now, but it's so tiny and cramped. And he's still getting tossed off the building every night.

It seemed like all the supporting characters got happier endings than Ralph. Felix went back to his cushy lifestyle and got married, Vanellope is now the star of the game and ruler of the Candy Land. Heck, even Q-Bert got a happier ending than Ralph.

Finally got around to seeing it. Great movie. Exceeded my expectations (which were pretty high)

Sonic wasn't in it very much, but it was still a great movie. The Hero's Duty scene was incredible. Loved that they tossed in a Metal Gear Solid reference!

Kinda mixed on the ending though..

the people of niceland accepted Ralph, but they still wouldn't let him live in their apartment complex? What's with that? Yeah, he's got a house now, but it's so tiny and cramped. And he's still getting tossed off the building every night.

It seemed like all the supporting characters got happier endings than Ralph. Felix went back to his cushy lifestyle and got married, Vanellope is now the star of the game and ruler of the Candy Land. Heck, even Q-Bert got a happier ending than Ralph.

Is on of those bittersweet endings (which I like the best). Maybe they didn't have space to fit Ralph in the building, so I find more fitting that Ralph now has his own place. I find it poignant that being throwed from the building is a perfect chance to watch his friend Vanellope on sugar Rush. However, the important part was that he learned to value his place in the game, as his peers did.

The only thing that bugs me is that Felix could had built Ralph a house long time ago. He was a nice guy, and didn't hold a grudge to him like the other NPC characters in the game. However I guess it was the fact that he didn't truly understood Ralph until he was on Candy King's castle prison.

There's a movement going around tumblr similar to the Sonic/My Little Pony OC's, where people create Sugar Rush characters. It's pretty cool and much less annoying than the previously mentioned OC movement. The only thing I don't like is that they usually don't include the kart with their character, karts are awesome.
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/sugar-rush-racer

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"