DmC: Devil May Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Lord

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
They just announced a new Devil May Cry game at TGS called DMC. It's being developed by Ninja Theory and the trailer showed a younger Dante.

If it wasn't for the title. I would have no clue that's Dante. He looks nothing like Dante. :(

So Edward from Twilight is the new younger Dante?

It amazes me that people complained about the hero of Infamous's looks changing in Infamous 2. They could have easily gotten something like this.

At least Cole still looked like himself to a degree.

Looks more interesting than any other Devil May Cry game I've seen.

It amazes me that people complained about the hero of Infamous's looks changing in Infamous 2. They could have easily gotten something like this.

At least Cole still looked like himself to a degree.

The backlash is way worse than inFamous 2 already from fans and even people new to the DMC series who seem just fed up with westernized emo settings. I can't wait to see how Capcom responds to the hate toward this game already. How ironic it would be that Sucker Punch gave in so easily to changing Cole back and to see Capcom defend the look of Dante or whoever the hell that character is.

He says his name is Dante in the trailer.

Every time he got asked what his name was, I kept thinking... "Please don't say Dante. Please don't say Dante. Please don't say Dante."

Of course he then said: "Dante." :cmad:

I just noticed his hair appears to have a bit of white in the back, it still doesn't look like Dante. He reminds me of a really bad 80's hero from a vampire movie. :(

Instead of rebooting the franchise and messing around with Dante's design, they should have just made a game focused on Sparda. I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten that yet.

I actually maybe accept this if it wasn't a reboot but more of a sequel with Dante's son who was named after his father. At least then it's a different character.

I'd be fine with the idea of Dante Jr.

I reckon it's really cool that they got the lead singer of Placebo to star as Dante.

Ok...GIANT Devil May Cry fan here...and i gotta say, after watching the trailer and reading up, I'm going to try to keep an open mind until more details come out.

But here's my reaction to what I've seen thus far compared to the DMC I know and love:

I. Don't. Like it.

Skunk head, smoker (come on...seriously?!?), emo, urban Dante = not cool, ESPECIALLY compared to original Dante. Holy hell.

Giant Sword >>>> Scyth.

Overall serious tone...not digging it.

Half demon half human being held by 2 chains in a tiled room = way lame.

But...like i said...i'm gonna keep an open mind. There could be great explanations for all this stuff that could make me say "hey...i can buy that...that's actually pretty bad ass."

But when it comes to DMC, fundamentally, I want my Dante a cheesey quipping over the top human/demon bad ass. I want INSANE action, a sweet techno/metal soundtrack, and an overall ton that doesn't take it's self too seriously.

If all that can be delivered with this new look, i can live with that, as long as it's well done.

But if he is a whiny emo teen, I will unleash hell.

He says his name is Dante in the trailer.
I didnt watch the trailer but I saw the pics and an article on it. Still we dont know if its the same character. I love the new look of this game

I can look past the look of Dante if the gameplay is good which looks like it is. DMC4 was my first of the series and actually my first taste of the Hack n' Slash genre and enjoyed it.

The action in the trailer looks freaking awesome...but the new look for Dante I'm not caring for.

I don't care how he looks, I'm not ****ing him.

The trailer was pretty cool, loved the scene at the end when he's hacking a cigarette on top of that gargoyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"