World Do People Outside of the Comic Community Care About Superman?

tabLengle

Civilian
Reaction score
Good evening and Good day. How was you Memorial weekend. Mine was pleasent.

This is not a troll post, just a serious observation.The title says it all people. No one outside of the people on this board care about Superman anymore. He is boring, to perfect. Even his origin is to perfect. I mean, the parents from a dying planet sent him here to rule. They couldn't have atleats sent him here to rule, therefor creating an interesting conflict with nature vs. nurture. And no wonder the only good villian is Luthor, he has mind power. No other villian can, in the end, defeat Superman without some stupid spell or what not. Boring. And this movie will do Superman no favors, just bring back the memories of the bore that was Superman:The Movie. A nerd tripping over himself while a cardboard guy flies around with a villian hamming it up. People like Batman because hs is brooding and real, people like Spider-man because deep down he is me or you, and the X-men all have cool individual power. Superman is a dying character.

Good evening.

tabLengle said:

This is not a troll post, just a serious observation.The title says it all people. No one outside of the people on this board care about Superman anymore. He is boring, to perfect. Even his origin is to perfect. I mean, the parents from a dying planet sent him here to rule. They couldn't have atleats sent him here to rule, therefor creating an interesting conflict with nature vs. nurture. And no wonder the only good villian is Luthor, he has mind power. No other villian can, in the end, defeat Superman without some stupid spell or what not. Boring. And this movie will do Superman no favors, just bring back the memories of the bore that was Superman:The Movie. A nerd tripping over himself while a cardboard guy flies around with a villian hamming it up. People like Batman because hs is brooding and real, people like Spider-man because deep down he is me or you, and the X-men all have cool individual power. Superman is a dying character.

Good evening.

Do some research.

Good evening.

tabLengle said:
This is not a troll post, just a serious observation.

I think you misunderstand the definition of a troll, then..... :down

Ok, guys, let's take this in stride. tabLengle has made some valid points, and some obvious mistakes. I will be changing the title of this thread to not be so inflammatory and removing the rude responses to this. tabLengle, if you can remain open to debate, I suggest you do so. I will tolerate no flaming, name calling, or swearing in this thread. Let him justify his position, but in no way let it be seen as an attempt to cause trouble.

The first flame, troll or otherwise over the top reaction to this thread after the clean up, get's the thread closed and the flamer put on probation.

Oh yeah, if no one outside the forum cared about Superman, how comes there's various comics, tv shows and now a major motion picture about him?

I can see your point, and yes, Superman is too powerful for it´s own good.
But, Superman can very easily return to be one of the best superheroes out there, as long as you know how to portrait him.

But i give you that the books, when it comes to Superman as a crimefighter, went to hell a long time, that´s why i stop reading it, it´s not exciting to see how he will win, because, how do you fight a God?

But that is main problem with DC, the majority of them are too powerful, too cosmic like.
Which makes the sole interesting thing in them is their "normal" life, with their problems and that stuff.

tabLengle said:

Good evening.

all of this is your opinion...

...none of it is the truth. good day...

tabLengle said:

Good evening.
Look, just because X3 was a huge disapointment to you and EVERY ONE seeing it (believe me I know!), please dont take it out on SUPERMAN... There is a very good chance that this film will be the best superhero movie ever made!

if superman is so dead why did it get 200+ million to make hmmmmm???? xmen batman and spidey havent even gotten close to that cap...

and lets talk products superman out sells every comic character 2:1

tabLengle said:
People like Batman because hs is brooding and real, people like Spider-man because deep down he is me or you, and the X-men all have cool individual power. Superman is a dying character.

And people like Superman because he is a symbol of hope, compassion, peace,......GOOD. A symbol that has lasted close to 70 years. He has all that power and chooses to help others rather than for his own good.

Oh and no one can beat him? I always find this argument interesting. No villian can really beat any hero. The hero always wins. Sure there are fights and sometimes the villian does get the upper hand but the hero ALWAYS wins in the end.

I think it's hillarious that just when "SUPERMAN RETURNS" is finally showing signs that this movie means SERIOUS ****ING BUISNESS, (I'm talking about the awesome and breathtaking trailers and tv-spots) all kinds of NON-superman fans (propobly X-men fans) come marching in here and starts threads like THIS ONE, in a desperate (VERY desperate!) atempt to bring us all down, because their X3 (how much they may wanna deny it) was very poor!

Dug People! SUPERMAN RETURNS will be the biggest movie experience of the year!

tabLengle said:

Good evening.

You know, if you don't like Superman, well, you don't like Superman. He's too powerful, too perfect, all that jazz are things that i completely disagree with. Just dig a little deeper. And how is Spider-man deep down me and you anymore than Superman is?
He shoots webs and swings around NYC, he is a GENIUS, and he even looks cool as Tobey McGuire (now THAT is power:spidey: )! Oh and he has a sixth sense that warns him about danger before it actually can harm him! extremely relatable. EXTREMELY relatable. No, of course not.
Of course it isn't relatable- But that's okay becuase those are not the aspects of that comicbook character that you relate to, right? You dig deeper and you see the moral and emotional struggle that spiderman goes through, right?

That's what keeps you coming back. Not whether or not Spiderman wins in the end and saves the girl, because you already know he will save her and put the bad guy away. It's the HOW and the WHY that makes any comicbook character interesting, that's what makes you come back for more. Superman blocks a bullet, Spiderman dodges it - we both knew that both characters were going to overcome the bullet, right? What brought us in was HOW will they solve the bullet (block or dodge?) and WHY? Dig deeper.

Fine, you haven't given Superman that chance, you haven't bothered digging deeper because the character never interested you in the first place, fair enough. But don't say that another completely improbable character is more relatable than another completely improbable character. And don't even get me started on Batman - I love Batman (BB is one of my favourite movies and definitely my favourite movie of 2005) but you are biting off a whole lot when you discuss the realism inherent in Batman. Btw, i happen to think that the original Superman Movie would have been a lot better without the campy villaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"