World Rank all the interpretations of Superman from Best to Worst.

K

Kane

I thought this would be interesting to do in anticipation of SR and during the 'year of Superman.' For those who have a good knowledge of Superman history, rank the best to worst interpretations. You can't rank Superman Returns obviously as the movie isnt released yet. I'm interested to see how the members on this board view the other Superman stuff outside the realm of SR.

Heres my list:

1) Superman Postcrisis comics (1986 - ?) - After the crisis organized the DC universe, Superman was reinvented into a more real, less perfect character who was more relateable and interesting. The storylines started to get more serious and darker.

2) The DCAU (Superman The Animated Series, Superman/Batman JL, JLU)
Quite possibly the best interpretation of Superman on television, very true and respectful to the source material and very entertaining for kids and older fans.

3) Superman - Great film for it's time and a good reflection of the classic precrisis Superman age from which it was developed.

4) Superman II - If Donner had full creative control of this thing it would probably rank higher, but nevertheless, despite a few flaws it was a good movie for it's time.

5) Max Fleisher's Superman - These cartoons were a great reflection of the time they were made in and of Superman's early days. Theyre still widely watched and popular today.

6) Superman Precrisis Comics - The classic source material where alot of interpretations, even today, get some basis from.

7) Smallville

8) Adventures of Superman (George Reeves) - including the movie(s) related to it.

9) Lois and Clark

10) Superman movie serials (Kirk Alyn)

11) Superboy

12) Ruby Spears' Superman

13) Superman IV

14) Superfriends/Challenge of the Superfriends

15) Superman III

How would you rank them all?

Nice thread, but it's not a *bleep! *bleep!* spoilers! :p

crisis superman you have it right on the nose. Thats the exact same way i would rank them.

Crisis Superman said:
I thought this would be interesting to do in anticipation of SR and during the 'year of Superman.' For those who have a good knowledge of Superman history, rank the best to worst interpretations. You can't rank Superman Returns obviously as the movie isnt released yet. I'm interested to see how the members on this board view the other Superman stuff outside the realm of SR.

Heres my list:

1) Superman Postcrisis comics (1986 - ?) - After the crisis organized the DC universe, Superman was reinvented into a more real, less perfect character who was more relateable and interesting. The storylines started to get more serious and darker.

Quite possibly the best interpretation of Superman on television, very true and respectful to the source material and very entertaining for kids and older fans.

3) Superman - Great film for it's time and a good reflection of the classic precrisis Superman age from which it was developed.

4) Superman II - If Donner had full creative control of this thing it would probably rank higher, but nevertheless, despite a few flaws it was a good movie for it's time.

5) Max Fleisher's Superman - These cartoons were a great reflection of the time they were made in and of Superman's early days. Theyre still widely watched and popular today.

6) Superman Precrisis Comics - The classic source material where alot of interpretations, even today, get some basis from.

7) Smallville

8) Adventures of Superman (George Reeves) - including the movie(s) related to it.

9) Lois and Clark

11) Superboy

13) Superman IV

15) Superman III

Yeah, that sounds about right.

I would say

1)Superman for all seasons/Post Crisis - That is my favorite Superman story.
2)Superman the movie - Best movie
3)Superman II - 2nd best movie
4)Lois & Clark - Best TV series of Superman IMO
5)Superman Cartoons(Ruby spears, animated series, fleischer,etc) -They all reflect the time they were made.
7)Pre-crisis - Don`t like it that much...
8)Smallville - Some episodes i`d rank in the top 3, some in the worst 3...But after the 100th episode where they made Clark kill Jonathan, i`m being kind to this series.
9)Superman III
10)Superman IV

Never seen Adventures of Superman but i`ll probably rank it with Pre-crisis...

1)Smallville
2)Superman the movie
3)Superman II
4)Superman: TAS
5)Superman III
6)Lois & Clark
7)Superman IV

It's been awhile since I actually saw the animated series or Lois and clark so I just have to go off my memory

1) Comics (pre-crisis)
2) Superman the movie
3) Superman 2
4) Goerge Reeves Serials

Kane said:

Heres my list:

7) Smallville

9) Lois and Clark

11) Superboy

13) Superman IV

15) Superman III

I'd say put Supes 3 in smallvilles place and put smallville at the bottom and thats my list.

Kane said:

:confused:

That goes completely against everything Superman is about and was created for.

1. Superman the Movie
2. John Byrne's The Man of Steel six-issue miniseries
3. Everything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"