Do we need another father?

C

Clark Kent.

They got everything wrong the last time. Do we need another version of Banner's father that's more faithful to the comic book, but can just be a part of the story, of Banner's history, without the entire movie having to revolve around him?

Yeah, he has to be changed too. His name is supposed to be Brian Banner, not David.

no and they wont have him in the movie

I wouldn't mind, as long as he doesn't have a big part in the movie & doesn't end up gaining powers. I liked it in Ang Lee's Hulk but it wouldn't work in this movie.

there's no point in having bruce's parents in the movie. the story should just focus on bruce/hulk, betty & abomination.

Leave the daddy stuff along. With Banner on the run in this one, i doubt he has time to delve into his roots. If anything just make a quick reference that he was abused.

Yeah, I agree. Maybe he has a bad nightmare or something & shrugs it off the next day. Nothing more, nothing less.

No more nightmares..especailly the Lichen kind. :csad:

wait...he was abused when he was young?

Yes, his dad was a sadistic A-hole in the comics....and was responsible for his mother's death. That part, the original film got right. That, along with the Hulk being the unleashed version of his repressed and tortured childhood.

Yes, his dad was a sadistic A-hole in the comics....and was responsible for his mother's death. That part, the original film got right. That, along with the Hulk being the unleashed version of his repressed and tortured childhood.
oh...so he abused Bruce to....i thought it was just his mom

It was more mental abuse than physical with Bruce.

It was more mental abuse than physical with Bruce.

Um, no. He was a drunk and was jealous of Bruce. Check out The Incredible Hulk issue #312. That is a highly esteemed issue among Hulk comic fans. BTW, after reading that issue, along with issue #377, you will realise how much the Ang movie got right....Particularly the first 15 minutes.

Ang Lee already did it. That's why there's no point in doing it again.

no we dont need another father

just someone explaining how ****ed up his relationship with his father was

But "Um, no" does. I referred you to those issues so you can see him smacking young Bruce around.
...look I'm not making this up or surmising or assuming. It's right there in print in the comics.

Watch this at the 4 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V7GMBAP8b8

Well, what do you know.
I remember Brian as being more of a verbal "You're a monster" type abusive father, but clearly he smacked lil Bruce around a little too. I find it interesting that one of the elements of the Hulk story is the father's anger being repeated by the son. It has parallels to the Star Wars saga in this regard.

Also, that "Comic Book Superheroes Unmasked" is a pretty kickass documentary, I think I'll go watch the whole thing now. :supes:

Also, that "Comic Book Superheroes Unmasked" is a pretty kickass documentary, I think I'll go watch the whole thing now. :supes:

It is a hell of a doc from the History channel. Probably the best I have seen. I need to order a copy of that.

I was all for the father bit in the Ang Lee film when I first heard it. I just didn't realize they were basing the whole movie around it. It should have been a suttle suggestion as to what happened to Bruce's parents and why he was emotionally scared for life, instead of basing the whole movie around it.

For me it's as much a part of the Banner/Hulk history as what happened to Krypton is in Superman's.

I don't know if they should go near that route if they are trying to separate themselves from Angs movie. Treading that path may confuse the people who don't know about the remake aspect..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"